More fuel to the fire for 10/16/10

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

that's because it wasn't a bogus second

You're right the second that was ADDED wasn't bogus, you got it because you're Texas right? Because you were SUPPOSED to go to the title game right? I don't know I could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. Unless you're Texas of course...

it's hilarious that you guys still believe that the wrong call was made. didn't the same thing happen to you in the orange bowl against florida state, except your kicked shanked the field goal? i guess that time was put back on because you're nebraska right? because you were supposed to win the national title right? i don't know i could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. unless you're nebraska of course...or it could just be a lazy clock operator?

every other fanbase in the country agrees that the correct call was made. the media, who we all know loves controversy, never once acted like the wrong call was made. FACT: the ball hit the rail with 00:01 left in the game. the officials made the correct decision, and you guys need to move on.

the same thing happened on the last play of the first half of the chic-fil-a bowl, and virginia tech got a field goal out of it. the only difference is tennessee fans didn't lose their minds. they realized the correct call was made, and got over it. you should try it sometime.

first of all, yes the ball hit the railing with one second left...but when they put back time on the clock in the fsu game the refs got together and did it on their own...it was such and error they didn't need replay...they all knew that there was an error...and we missed the kick...at least we were within a field goal (cough alabama cough)...and nobody on the tennessee didn't care cuz they got their sh#t tossed...i know after a whoppin like that i would walk away and not say another word...oh no VT gets another three points i am pissed...we should have only lose by 20...

texas is the worst 'dominant' program ever...one national title in the last ten years and only 2 big twelve titles...your DIVISIONAL mates have 6 conference titles and one national title...your not even the best team from you division...well ever in the big twelve...oh wait...your the best in the south from 2009-2009

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

In the FSU game, Mik'l Severe (LSU fan/radio personality) said that our ball carrier's (I don't remember if it was Tommie or a wr/te) knee hit with 4 seconds left on the clock. And the refs got together and make that call, not the conference commissioner who is a grad of the school that was down and needed extra time to get a shot a winning the game.

I remember the 98 Rose Bowl, when WSU's Ryan Leaf spiked the ball at UM's 35 with .02 left on the clock, and the refs let the clock run out. touche

I will give shortwhorn fan this: I have heard SOME of the national media say that that 1 second should go back on the clock while others agree that the game should have been over. I guess that in typical shortwhorn fashion, the national media that he refers to is only the national media inside the borders of the republic of Texa$$, or the ones who are shortwhorn backers.

On a side note: I recently joined shaggybevo, but those tough, hard-@$$, no-nonsense, butt-kicking Nexans won't let you post! Just as their gutless program is scared of going to the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 or playing us again, their gutless pukes of fans won't let anyone refute the garbage the spew. No big loss, the intellect and class displayed on that board makes a frat house or a junior high locker room seem classy and sophisticated.

straight from the big 12 website, "Beebe attended Walla Walla Community College from 1975 to 1977, and then transferred on to California State Polytechnic University (Cal Poly-Pomona) where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in social sciences in June 1979. Beebe received his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1982 and is a member of the Washington State Bar Association."

and the officials did the legal thing to get the correct call. for as classy as you guys seem to think you are, it's amazing that you wanted to win a game because of an officiating error.

This is what texas gets for having an extra second added at the end of the Big 12 Title game

I love how we can't say "had that one bogus second not been added to the clock" but they can whine about "if Colt wouldn't have got hurt"

Typical arrogant Texas mentality. They simply aren't aware that they can be wrong.

BTW is there a Texas board with people who talk in a civil manner, not just 15 year olds who like to cuss for sake of cussing?

You're right the second that was ADDED wasn't bogus, you got it because you're Texas right? Because you were SUPPOSED to go to the title game right? I don't know I could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. Unless you're Texas of course...

it's hilarious that you guys still believe that the wrong call was made. didn't the same thing happen to you in the orange bowl against florida state, except your kicked shanked the field goal? i guess that time was put back on because you're nebraska right? because you were supposed to win the national title right? i don't know i could be wrong but when the clock expires and hits 0:00 the game is over. unless you're nebraska of course...or it could just be a lazy clock operator?

every other fanbase in the country agrees that the correct call was made. the media, who we all know loves controversy, never once acted like the wrong call was made. FACT: the ball hit the rail with 00:01 left in the game. the officials made the correct decision, and you guys need to move on.

the same thing happened on the last play of the first half of the chic-fil-a bowl, and virginia tech got a field goal out of it. the only difference is tennessee fans didn't lose their minds. they realized the correct call was made, and got over it. you should try it sometime.

first of all, yes the ball hit the railing with one second left...but when they put back time on the clock in the fsu game the refs got together and did it on their own...it was such and error they didn't need replay...they all knew that there was an error...and we missed the kick...at least we were within a field goal (cough alabama cough)...and nobody on the tennessee didn't care cuz they got their sh#t tossed...i know after a whoppin like that i would walk away and not say another word...oh no VT gets another three points i am pissed...we should have only lose by 20...

texas is the worst 'dominant' program ever...one national title in the last ten years and only 2 big twelve titles...your DIVISIONAL mates have 6 conference titles and one national title...your not even the best team from you division...well ever in the big twelve...oh wait...your the best in the south from 2009-2009

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

In the FSU game, Mik'l Severe (LSU fan/radio personality) said that our ball carrier's (I don't remember if it was Tommie or a wr/te) knee hit with 4 seconds left on the clock. And the refs got together and make that call, not the conference commissioner who is a grad of the school that was down and needed extra time to get a shot a winning the game.

I remember the 98 Rose Bowl, when WSU's Ryan Leaf spiked the ball at UM's 35 with .02 left on the clock, and the refs let the clock run out. touche

I will give shortwhorn fan this: I have heard SOME of the national media say that that 1 second should go back on the clock while others agree that the game should have been over. I guess that in typical shortwhorn fashion, the national media that he refers to is only the national media inside the borders of the republic of Texa$$, or the ones who are shortwhorn backers.

On a side note: I recently joined shaggybevo, but those tough, hard-@$$, no-nonsense, butt-kicking Nexans won't let you post! Just as their gutless program is scared of going to the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 or playing us again, their gutless pukes of fans won't let anyone refute the garbage the spew. No big loss, the intellect and class displayed on that board makes a frat house or a junior high locker room seem classy and sophisticated.

straight from the big 12 website, "Beebe attended Walla Walla Community College from 1975 to 1977, and then transferred on to California State Polytechnic University (Cal Poly-Pomona) where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in social sciences in June 1979. Beebe received his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1982 and is a member of the Washington State Bar Association."

and the officials did the legal thing to get the correct call. for as classy as you guys seem to think you are, it's amazing that you wanted to win a game because of an officiating error.

I think he was mistaking Beebe with Anderson, who I believe is a Texas grad, not that it matters.

I think he was mistaking Beebe with Anderson, who I believe is a Texas grad, not that it matters.

Yeah, DOH! :dumdum

I believe that the rule you are referring to is the one that metions that "egregious" clock mismanagement can be overturned. That one second happens on almost every single play in which the clock stops in football. I guess it depends on your definition of egregious, in which one second is not. The error was putting the second back on the clock.

You know, the deal at the end of the game was really just the thing that pushed us over the edge as far as officiating in that game. The refs flat out gave you guys 10 points with two bogus DPI. I'm not even going to get into other penalties that should have been called, such as your offensive linemen holding Suh on every f'ing play. He was even being held a lot of the time when he got a sack or whatever, it was some of the worst sh#t I've seen in football. Probably should have had about 30 or so holding penalties against Texas that game.

I can't believe Husker 37 went over there to try to talk sense into them. :laughpound

When you see that language and they rate their posters as dbags and azzhats, probably not going to have a reasonable conversation.

I like the "gal" that talking about NU using some foul language, and then talking about how a church function caused her to miss a game. :LOLtartar

So let me get this straight... Texas's best time, in a conference that absolutely caters to their every whim, beat Nebraska 8 times, and lost 1 time, in Nebraska's worst period in the past 50 years? Oh my. So terrifying... And let's think quick.. UT needed help in the last 3 games against Nebraska, 06,07,09..... Wow, I am REALLY scared of Texas and completely understand that the only reason we left the Big 12 now is because we are afraid of big bad Texas. I'm shaking.

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

Who are you. Have a lot of guts talking with a keyboard (makes a lot of sense as here i go with a rant) :hellloooo ) #1. Nebraska WAS NOT the Big 10's first choice, sure you got that from your boyfriend Chip Brown, but as was everything else that came out of the butthole in the middle of his face, it was not true. The Big 10 was Nebraska's first choice when Osborne and Pearlman decided to take off after the Big 12 decided to continue being stupid. #2 Nebraska is NOT last in academics, or mediocre as you call it, all i have to say here. #3 Get this thru your head, and play messenger again to all your **** buddies, this is an always will be about way more than football. I AM SO SICK OF TEXASSES MAKING THIS CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT A FOOTBALL ONLY ISSUE. It's about a university finding a better conference, both academically and athletically. Even if we do lose to texas in football next year, we still may win in one of the other 23 sports, and you know what, we're still taking ALL 23 sports and 25000+ students and going to the big 10.

Bottom line is dont just go online and squibble squabble when you dont know any facts just cuz you can. It's chicken sh#t, which is obviously what you are.

Sorry about the rant, but for some reason this one made more angry than usual.

You guys are delusional and totally jealous of Texas. Face it - you were the 3rd choice of the Big 10 after Notre Dame and Texas. Two schools had to turn them down before they had to settle for Nebraska. You are 1-8 vs. Texas since the Big 12 started. You can talk all you want about your string in the 90's but get real. Nebraska was only good because of partial qualifiers, and you hate Texas because of their academic standards, which Nebraska had none of. On Big 12 inception, Texas insisted that all schools ban players that don't qualify for college, but Nebraska, the only school in the old big 8 that took them, fought this tooth and nail. They lost so Osborne "retired" because he knew those players were the only way Nebraska could win - essentially cheating. Nebraska was irrelevant in the Big 12 both academically and athletically, ranking in the lower portion of the big 12 in both categories. Going to the Big 10 puts Nebraska as the 12th of 12 schools academically. Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre. Guess what - same status, different conference. Blame me as the messenger - the truth sucks sometimes.

Who are you. Have a lot of guts talking with a keyboard (makes a lot of sense as here i go with a rant) :hellloooo ) #1. Nebraska WAS NOT the Big 10's first choice, sure you got that from your boyfriend Chip Brown, but as was everything else that came out of the butthole in the middle of his face, it was not true. The Big 10 was Nebraska's first choice when Osborne and Pearlman decided to take off after the Big 12 decided to continue being stupid. #2 Nebraska is NOT last in academics, or mediocre as you call it, all i have to say here. #3 Get this thru your head, and play messenger again to all your **** buddies, this is an always will be about way more than football. I AM SO SICK OF TEXASSES MAKING THIS CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT A FOOTBALL ONLY ISSUE. It's about a university finding a better conference, both academically and athletically. Even if we do lose to texas in football next year, we still may win in one of the other 23 sports, and you know what, we're still taking ALL 23 sports and 25000+ students and going to the big 10.

Bottom line is dont just go online and squibble squabble when you dont know any facts just cuz you can. It's chicken sh#t, which is obviously what you are.

Sorry about the rant, but for some reason this one made more angry than usual.

he must have thought he was still on shaggybevo.

So let me get this straight... Texas's best time, in a conference that absolutely caters to their every whim, beat Nebraska 8 times, and lost 1 time, in Nebraska's worst period in the past 50 years? Oh my. So terrifying... And let's think quick.. UT needed help in the last 3 games against Nebraska, 06,07,09..... Wow, I am REALLY scared of Texas and completely understand that the only reason we left the Big 12 now is because we are afraid of big bad Texas. I'm shaking.

Ummm, havent we literally been giving away games to texas since the beginning of the Big 12. The most (ONLY) lopsided game was Vince's 03 debut. EVERY other game has been down to THE VERY END, with the exception of the 96 champ game, it went down the final 1.5 minutes.

Considering "cornholer" is a term used most commonly by kitties and jayhawks, I suspect it's just a mildcat just trying to lure you in. Don't bite!

Oh i bit it, then chewed it, swallowed it and crapped it out all in one rant

Now i feel better. Even more better if i could meet such an idiot face to face.

DUN

I was at an airshow display this weekend, drinking a beer.... in California. And this guy standing next to me says "Texas sucks!" to his buddies, and I looked straight at him without thinking. He said "no offense, sorry". He thought I was looking over cause I was pissed. I just laughed and said "I'm a husker, man! TEXAS DOES SUCK!!!" Good times.