Keyuo Craver: "two Nebraskas"

Count DB Keyou Craver, a product of the Nebraska football factory, as a non-supporter of the Cornhuskers move out of the Big 12 conference to the Big 10 conference. Craver seemed to take the move personally when asked about it: "Don't even get me started on that. That's just something that shouldn't be. It's huge...I understand what they're doing and that it's all about money, but I'm a Big 12 guy. There's two Nebraskas now: Nebraska and Big 12 Nebraska."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blogs/bomber_insiders/Hot-in-the-Shade-Training-Camp-Day-11-96479849.html

Keyuo's in the minority but not the only one with reservations. but what exactly is "Big 12 Nebraska": Circa 1996-2010. A Nebraska that was good only at the bookends of that era (hopefully, if 2010 turns out well). but mediocre most of that time in between.

He's entitled to his opinion.

I am trying to patient with Husker fans that are not supportive. Some just don't like change and I think a few years into it they'll see it was for the better.

If Dr. Tom Osborne and Harvey Pearlman think it is the right thing to do, I am on board. They are looking out for the longterm benefits for NU and they are usually the smartest guys in the room. I hope one day I can watch NU road games at Michigan and at OSU and at PSU. Before this move, I had no desire to travel to any spot in the Big 12 to watch NU play. When you look at the header on Huskerboard with all the teams in the Big 10, we look like we fit right in. We can't expect everyone to be on board with every decision NU makes or the direction but this is a great move.

• Fire 1

I was reading on ESPN about Arkansas and the possibility of joining the Big 12. The thing that struck me most about the article was the fact that in 84' 60 players on the Arkansas roster were from the state of Texas when Arkansas was in the SWC. Last year there were 10 or fewer from the state of Texas on the Arkansas roster.

He's entitled to his opinion.

I am trying to patient with Husker fans that are not supportive. Some just don't like change and I think a few years into it they'll see it was for the better.

If Dr. Tom Osborne and Harvey Pearlman think it is the right thing to do, I am on board. They are looking out for the longterm benefits for NU and they are usually the smartest guys in the room. I hope one day I can watch NU road games at Michigan and at OSU and at PSU. Before this move, I had no desire to travel to any spot in the Big 12 to watch NU play. When you look at the header on Huskerboard with all the teams in the Big 10, we look like we fit right in. We can't expect everyone to be on board with every decision NU makes or the direction but this is a great move.

Spot on. Spot on.