Shaun Watson can recruit

IeFor all of u guys last year complaining that Watson is overhyped with his ability to recruit, especially at the QB position, I hope u start to reconsider ur statements. First Green, then Turner, and now Starling, I think Watson has silenced his critics in this aspect. One of the main reasons each of these guys committed, was from the relationship they formed with Watson, and from when I got to talk to ganz at a recruiting party, QBs who play under Watson only have but the highest of reverance for him. The main reason we will get these 4 star QBs are because of him, and when our offense finally turns to the direction he wants it well pull in more marquee names

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/forum/86-recruiting/

penili played college ball at ohio state, and they would like to have him....there are fans there now that would like penili over terell. i still see him there someday

watson has been a target from other schools,,,the alabama coach would like to have him...unfortunatly , penili will probably be ohio state head coach when terrel quites, gets fired, etc..., hopefully that will not happen soon....starling was a great grab, and very highly ranked player...considered 100 best .....he will only help bring in better players, i am hoping we can get a great wide reciever,...nu has allways fell short there. watson would be a nice candidate for head coach at nu if penili leaves some day

FYI, it's frowned upon for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's an unwritten rule of sorts. If Pelini ever leaves Nebraska, it'll be for another job in a different conference or the NFL, but not for another team in the Big Ten.

is it not also taboo in the big 10 to also keep recruiting a player once he has committed to another school.

seem to remember something abut rich rod getting called out by other coaches his first year coaching at michigan.

I have not heard this before, but it wouldn't surprise me.

IeFor all of u guys last year complaining that Watson is overhyped with his ability to recruit, especially at the QB position, I hope u start to reconsider ur statements. First Green, then Turner, and now Starling, I think Watson has silenced his critics in this aspect. One of the main reasons each of these guys committed, was from the relationship they formed with Watson, and from when I got to talk to ganz at a recruiting party, QBs who play under Watson only have but the highest of reverance for him. The main reason we will get these 4 star QBs are because of him, and when our offense finally turns to the direction he wants it well pull in more marquee names

http://www.huskerboa.../86-recruiting/

penili played college ball at ohio state, and they would like to have him....there are fans there now that would like penili over terell. i still see him there someday

We've already discussed "Pelini to Ohio St." numerous times on this board before we were Big Ten bound. It was a common concern among folks here, but now that we're in the Big Ten, it's not an issue anymore because of the "unwritten rule" I mentioned in my previous post. It's one thing for OSU fans to want Pelini to coach at their school, but it's quite another thing when the Presidents, Chancellors, ADs and Coaches from the Big Ten are against it. The politics alone wouldn't allow him to make such a move, regardless what the fans want.

i heard it wouldn't happen to begin with...and now that were in the same conference i think we can lay it to rest

well, sounds like i can sleep a bit better tonight, knowing penili will be around a couple of days. quess i should look at this forum a bit closer to get some facts down before i post

watson has been a target from other schools,,,the alabama coach would like to have him...unfortunatly , penili will probably be ohio state head coach when terrel quites, gets fired, etc..., hopefully that will not happen soon....starling was a great grab, and very highly ranked player...considered 100 best .....he will only help bring in better players, i am hoping we can get a great wide reciever,...nu has allways fell short there. watson would be a nice candidate for head coach at nu if penili leaves some day

FYI, it's frowned upon for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's an unwritten rule of sorts. If Pelini ever leaves Nebraska, it'll be for another job in a different conference or the NFL, but not for another team in the Big Ten.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say he would never switch from NU to OSU. The circumstances are a little different here. First, it is his alma mater and he grew up in the state. Second, his current team switched conferences and that is how he became a Big Ten coach. Had he accepted a job at Purdue and then applied for a vacant OSU HC position, it may be different. I think people would be understanding if he took the OSU position. Of course we would be disappointed in Nebraska. :wasted

ronsss I have to ask, are you dyslexic? No I am not being sarcastic, but I noticed penili instead of Pelini in every one of your posts? If I know the answer to that then i'll know to not worry about the spelling and read what I know you meant.

I've noticed he has very peculiar spelling and grammar. Ends every thought with ellipses and commas. Nothing wrong with it as I can still make out what he is trying to say (unlike some of the things Tufftiger says) just thought it was interesting.

But anyways if our offense has a repeat of last year do you think Watson is gone?

i heard it wouldn't happen to begin with...and now that were in the same conference i think we can lay it to rest

well, sounds like i can sleep a bit better tonight, knowing penili will be around a couple of days. quess i should look at this forum a bit closer to get some facts down before i post

we are all here to learn...some people just have more to teach...nexus

Recruit, maybe. Sign on the dotted line, will see. But then more importantly then recruiting is, can he develop a QB?

:yeah I won't believe in Watson again till he makes this offense a dynamic scoring machine. We have the players, so make it happen!

Personally, I think Pelini will stay put at Nebraska for many, many years to come. One thing Nebraskans want is to have someone that is a winner, they will support a winner. I don't see Pelini actually wanting to leave, once he builds the program to where he wants it to be. The only thing that could change that is when Osborne leaves as AD, if he got someone in that he just didn't like personally, then he might look to leave. But then again, I think the fans would boot an unpopular AD in a heartbeat to keep a loved and respected coach.

Personally, I think Pelini will stay put at Nebraska for many, many years to come. One thing Nebraskans want is to have someone that is a winner, they will support a winner. I don't see Pelini actually wanting to leave, once he builds the program to where he wants it to be. The only thing that could change that is when Osborne leaves as AD, if he got someone in that he just didn't like personally, then he might look to leave. But then again, I think the fans would boot an unpopular AD in a heartbeat to keep a loved and respected coach.

yep...pelini is already a beloved guy in lincoln for what he has done in such little time...i think with that power alone we would destroy any unpopular AD in a hurry...

i hope pelini can stick around for a real, real long time...like say...um...25 years and 300 wins??? please

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

i know i am dreaming...but wouldn't that be awesome

yep...pelini is already a beloved guy in lincoln for what he has done in such little time...i think with that power alone we would destroy any unpopular AD in a hurry...

i hope pelini can stick around for a real, real long time...like say...um...25 years and 300 wins??? please

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

i know i am dreaming...but wouldn't that be awesome

I just hope that the Regents will never bring in another AD like we had in combination with BC...they damn near ruined a good football program, and probably would have if they had another year or so. I never dreamed I would see the day were Husker fans would be walking out at halftime.

ronsss I have to ask, are you dyslexic? No I am not being sarcastic, but I noticed penili instead of Pelini in every one of your posts? If I know the answer to that then i'll know to not worry about the spelling and read what I know you meant.

Also, I'm not familiar with this Shaun Watson fellow you speak of... ;)