Cyclown Fanatic.....fools

Right, I agree with you guys. It was a once-in-a-lifetime crazy improbable loss and ISU shouldn't expect anything remotely similar in the foreseeable future, but we're talking about sports, not statistics. Isn't it kind of obvious that ISU fans would never let you guys live this down? I mean, they have nothing else going for them. Do you think App. State fans will revel in anything else in their history like upsetting M*ch*gan? Probably not.

It is just unusual that the main defense of why the Huskers will destroy the Cyclones isn't that the Huskers are better, but that eight fumbles was a fluke and the Cyclones hardly even beat them. It seems to help the Cyclones' case is all I'm saying.

It is just unusual that the main defense of why the Huskers will destroy the Cyclones isn't that the Huskers are better, but that eight fumbles was a fluke and the Cyclones hardly even beat them. It seems to help the Cyclones' case is all I'm saying.

Like clone, you are missing the point. It's not only the eight turnovers. It's that we're better and they won't get eight turnovers.

Right, I agree with you guys. It was a once-in-a-lifetime crazy improbable loss and ISU shouldn't expect anything remotely similar in the foreseeable future, but we're talking about sports, not statistics. Isn't it kind of obvious that ISU fans would never let you guys live this down? I mean, they have nothing else going for them. Do you think App. State fans will revel in anything else in their history like upsetting M*ch*gan? Probably not.

there is a presumption that NU is going to win every year against ISU, it goes without saying. we do not need to argue about next years game with that presumption, we need to squelch any implications from last year's game that may be remaining. i think the argument lies in the fact that that presumption is unchanged, even though ISU beat us. our argument is that that loss should not be used as an indication of anything. it was an anomaly. we already knew that it was possible for ISU to beat us, just as it is possible that SDSU will beat us. we get the impression that they think they beat us with their team last year, this years team is better, ergo they will have an even better chance they will beat us. however, we are arguing that last years game is moot, and the presumption of NU winning remains intact.

edit: also, we would have destroyed them without those fumbles. our offense actually had a good game yardage wise. but 4 fumbles inside the 5 is hard to overcome.

here is an argument, ISU only beat us by TWO points and we had 8 turnovers, that does not seem very promising for them. if we have anything less than 8 turnovers, we win. so if we have 8 or more turnovers, i say they might win, otherwise we win. also, i predict we shut them out.

Hi, I'm the off season. It's nice to meet you.

You got something else to talk about? We're all ears. :)

Well, since Iowa St is the raging conversation for this off-season, we could dissect Iowa St's two deep and go over how they match up with Nebraska's probable depth chart.

I'll start...

Nebraska > Iowa St :throwdabones1:

That was easy!

• Fire 1

I was gonna say :lol: Washington, Texas, Missouri, KState, A&M, Okie State, Colorado. Maybe Kansas.

I feel like K-State, Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa State are all at least comparable from an outside perspective, and perhaps because of my bias I think Iowa State is the top of them.

Iowa State was going through it's third system in four years, using a mixture of McCarney's and Chizik's recruits. Paul Rhoads was handed a plate with players recruited under two different guys and had to come up with a way to get us wins. For God's sake, he had to teach/reteach fundamentals to many of the players in the spring he came in.

With that, we beat Colorado, lost to Kansas State by a blocked PAT (where, if you look at pictures, the blocker was pushing off the back of the guy in front of him), lost to Kansas when they were ranked 16th by an overthrown pass (nothing more than 3 feet), and that includes a terrible day for our kicker Grant Mahoney (there were enough points missed to at least tie it, if not win it), and lost to Missouri by 10 points, where there were two 70ish yard passes to Danario Alexander in 5 minutes or so. Now, I'm not saying we should have won those games, I'm saying that those were some damn close games that could have easily gone the other way (maybe not so much the Missouri game as the other two, but I believe the point still stands with it), and with a little more stability and talent coming in, Iowa State should be expected to be a better team, and therefore stand a better chance to win these games. Don't dismiss Iowa State just because last year's game against Nebraska was a fluke. Believe it or not, we played 12 other games, and the other six wins didn't require nearly as much luck.

I was gonna say :lol: Washington, Texas, Missouri, KState, A&M, Okie State, Colorado. Maybe Kansas.

I feel like K-State, Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa State are all at least comparable from an outside perspective, and perhaps because of my bias I think Iowa State is the top of them.

Iowa State was going through it's third system in four years, using a mixture of McCarney's and Chizik's recruits. Paul Rhoads was handed a plate with players recruited under two different guys and had to come up with a way to get us wins. For God's sake, he had to teach/reteach fundamentals to many of the players in the spring he came in.

With that,e we beat Colorado, lost to Kansas State by a blocked PAT (where, if you look at pictures, the blocker was pushing off the back of the guy in front of him), lost to Kansas when thy were ranked 16th by an overthrown pass (nothing more than 3 feet), and that includes a terrible day for our kicker Grant Mahoney (there were enough points missed to at least tie it, if not win it), and lost to Missouri by 10 points, where there were two 70ish yard passes to Danario Alexander in 5 minutes or so. Now, I'm not saying we should have won those games, I'm saying that those were some damn close games that could have easily gone the other way (maybe not so much the Missouri game as the other two, but I believe the point still stands with it), and with a little more stability and talent coming in, Iowa State should be expected to be a better team, and therefore stand a better chance to win these games. Don't dismiss Iowa State just because last year's game against Nebraska was a fluke. Believe it or not, we played 12 other games, and the other six wins didn't require nearly as much luck.

Colorado=3-9

Kansas=1-7 (in conference)

Kansas St.=Not bowl eligible

Nebraska=Only good win

Well, since Iowa St is the raging conversation for this off-season, we could dissect Iowa St's two deep and go over how they match up with Nebraska's probable depth chart.

I'll start...

Nebraska > Iowa St :throwdabones1:

That was easy!

I'm gonna say something controversial. Arnaud > Lee, and A-Rob > Helu. Arnaud by a ton, A-Rob by a bit. I don't know enough about Olines to make a judgement, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some of our guys might be better than yours.

On defense, our closest guy would be David Sims, and I don't think he's better.

So you are largely correct, but I just had to make those clarifications.

With that, we beat Colorado, lost to Kansas State by a blocked PAT (where, if you look at pictures, the blocker was pushing off the back of the guy in front of him), lost to Kansas when they were ranked 16th by an overthrown pass (nothing more than 3 feet), and that includes a terrible day for our kicker Grant Mahoney (there were enough points missed to at least tie it, if not win it), and lost to Missouri by 10 points, where there were two 70ish yard passes to Danario Alexander in 5 minutes or so. Now, I'm not saying we should have won those games, I'm saying that those were some damn close games that could have easily gone the other way (maybe not so much the Missouri game as the other two, but I believe the point still stands with it), and with a little more stability and talent coming in, Iowa State should be expected to be a better team, and therefore stand a better chance to win these games. Don't dismiss Iowa State just because last year's game against Nebraska was a fluke. Believe it or not, we played 12 other games, and the other six wins didn't require nearly as much luck.

I would agree and put MU at the top of the bunch, the two States together followed by the others.

Interesting take on your losses - your coach having to take previous coaches players and teach them fundamentals, why you should have won the game 9 out of 10 times and gives you optimism for winning next years game: losses because of really bad day by a player, couple of poor pass plays and a play that 99% of the time would result in a score.

Oh, wait a minute: that's NU's argument why they will do better against ISU this year