Cyclown Fanatic.....fools

Colorado=3-9

Kansas=1-7 (in conference)

Kansas St.=Not bowl eligible

Nebraska=Only good win

You're only giving me more reasons why Nebraska should be more afraid of Iowa State than Colorado, Kansas, and Kansas State. Thanks!

perhaps, but it cuts both ways. anyhow, i think the best argument with those stats is that none of those schools should be feared by anyone and ISU sure does look good in the north when the north is complete garbage.

also, who would you say was your second best victory? minnesota? a team that should have lost to south dakota st.?

Colorado=3-9

Kansas=1-7 (in conference)

Kansas St.=Not bowl eligible

Nebraska=Only good win

You're only giving me more reasons why Nebraska should be more afraid of Iowa State than Colorado, Kansas, and Kansas State. Thanks!

But that's the thing - we're not afraid of any of you. Kansas has a new coach, and much as we love Turner, there will be growing pains. Missouri is the best of the bunch and deserves our full attention and respect, but we match up well enough against them that it will be if anything a competitive game, and we're confident of a win. Kansas State is always troublesome but shouldn't be too much trouble, and Colorado will be making plans to or will already have fired Hawkins by the time we play them.

Chizik is a heck of a coach and I think he'll be good for you guys, but across the board we have better athletes, better coaches, and BY FAR better depth than ISU. There is NO WAY anyone in red is afraid of playing ISU this year. The players are going to come spitting nails after the debacle of last season, and you'd better believe you'll have their full attention, no post-Texas-Tech loss hangover going on.

ISU's 2009 resume boasts wins over teams with a combined 42% winning percentage, and losses to teams with a 60% winning percentage. Take the only team with a winning record that you "beat" out of the equation and your OPP Win % drops to 33%. Meaning that despite all the great things that Chizik has done, you guys still lose to semi-good teams and only beat the very bad teams - unless you play a team that coughs the ball up four times inside your five yard line.

For every excuse you make showing why you shoulda/coulda won the games you lost, Nebraska's shoulda/coulda won over ISU is ten times better. ISU can't point to one game with so many fluke plays as Nebraska can against ISU.

The argument that Nebraska will avenge 2009's fluke loss is far, far greater than the argument that ISU will win again. There is no other way to look at it.

Still, Huskers, you guys did have eight turnovers. It's not like saying a grand piano fell on the offensive huddle. :rolleyes:

Did you watch the game?

No, but the facts speak for itself. So it was a fluke - totally understandable - but it still means that the Huskers lost the ball eight times to... Iowa State. I can't imagine a circumstance where eight turnovers are excusable. The Vikings had 8 turnovers in the NFC championship. Good team, yes, but eight turnovers. And it was close, just like the Huskers and Cyclones. But they had eight turnovers. And they lost. That means they royally messed up.

I'd bet anything that this is a night-and-day difference to the 8 turnovers the Vikings had. I didn't watch that game, but I did see the NU-ISU one. And those were not turnovers. Certainly not lost to Iowa State. Those were, "Someone must be paying Niles Paul to drop the ball." Running clear to the endzone with nobody within a mile of him, Paul loses a fumble when he gets hit by ... his knee, or something. Meno Holt catches a ball and running, without contact, drops it.

We're not talking about a QB having a bad day and throwing a ton of INTs (Lee did have two). We're talking about about those two, three, or four turnovers out of 8 that were simply, "you gotta be kidding me, someone is fixing this game if I don't know any better". Just completely sloppy. We deserved to lose playing like that. It was comedic, how bad it was. But that doesn't make us a worse team than Iowa State. Had we played them again the next day, or even the next hour, there's little doubt, I think, of who had the on-paper superiority.

I know this is getting old, but "the facts explain the situation" doesn't exactly cover it. There's "they had 8 turnovers, and lost the game" and "they had 8 turnovers, and lost the game" - you know?

I was gonna say :lol: Washington, Texas, Missouri, KState, A&M, Okie State, Colorado. Maybe Kansas.

I feel like K-State, Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa State are all at least comparable from an outside perspective, and perhaps because of my bias I think Iowa State is the top of them.

Iowa State was going through it's third system in four years, using a mixture of McCarney's and Chizik's recruits. Paul Rhoads was handed a plate with players recruited under two different guys and had to come up with a way to get us wins. For God's sake, he had to teach/reteach fundamentals to many of the players in the spring he came in.

With that, we beat Colorado, lost to Kansas State by a blocked PAT (where, if you look at pictures, the blocker was pushing off the back of the guy in front of him), lost to Kansas when they were ranked 16th by an overthrown pass (nothing more than 3 feet), and that includes a terrible day for our kicker Grant Mahoney (there were enough points missed to at least tie it, if not win it), and lost to Missouri by 10 points, where there were two 70ish yard passes to Danario Alexander in 5 minutes or so. Now, I'm not saying we should have won those games, I'm saying that those were some damn close games that could have easily gone the other way (maybe not so much the Missouri game as the other two, but I believe the point still stands with it), and with a little more stability and talent coming in, Iowa State should be expected to be a better team, and therefore stand a better chance to win these games. Don't dismiss Iowa State just because last year's game against Nebraska was a fluke. Believe it or not, we played 12 other games, and the other six wins didn't require nearly as much luck.

I don't think there's any way Colorado can be worse than last year (but Hawkins has proven me wrong on that point before), I said maybe to Kansas, so whatever, I'll give you that one. K-State worries me because Bill Snyder is (was?) a good coach and they have a beast of a running back who scares me a little. You're right, they're pretty comparable, but the reason I feel more worried about those games than Iowa State is because I believe the team is going to be extra focused on getting revenge for last year. Nebraska has been prone to mini-meltdowns in the middle of the season the last couple years (TTech, Iowa State last year, Missouri, Oklahoma the year before) so I always worry about those middling games. Plus, to be honest, I just don't think Iowa State is a very good team. That's my opinion, you're welcome to your own. You beat us last year. We get it. But I don't think it means anything for this year.

perhaps, but it cuts both ways. anyhow, i think the best argument with those stats is that none of those schools should be feared by anyone and ISU sure does look good in the north when the north is complete garbage.

also, who would you say was your second best victory? minnesota? a team that should have lost to south dakota st.?

As far as what it does for our program, winning a bowl game has to be the answer, no matter who it's against.

If you're talking about our best display of our team, it would have to be either Army or Baylor. Sure, neither of them are the most amazing teams in the world, but after the game, it was easy to see that Iowa State was the better team on the field that night. Two years ago, it was hard to imagine Iowa State being better than any team worth mentioning.

I want to make this clear, I'm not here to argue that Iowa State is better than Nebraska or that we're poised to compete for the North Championship this year (as much as I'd like to believe it), I'm here to argue that Iowa State is better than what some of you guys might think.

As far as what it does for our program, winning a bowl game has to be the answer, no matter who it's against.

If you're talking about our best display of our team, it would have to be either Army or Baylor. Sure, neither of them are the most amazing teams in the world, but after the game, it was easy to see that Iowa State was the better team on the field that night. Two years ago, it was hard to imagine Iowa State being better than any team worth mentioning.

I want to make this clear, I'm not here to argue that Iowa State is better than Nebraska or that we're poised to compete for the North Championship this year (as much as I'd like to believe it), I'm here to argue that Iowa State is better than what some of you guys might think.

Looking at the 2010 schedule, Iowa St is at best a 5-7 team. That's what I think, but you are here to tell me that they are better than 5-7?

This is including wins against Colorado, Kansas St, & Kansas, which I think Iowa St will most likely lose at least one of those games. More likely result for 2010 Iowa St is 3-9 or 4-8.

Looking at the 2010 schedule, Iowa St is at best a 5-7 team. That's what I think, but you are here to tell me that they are better than 5-7?

This is including wins against Colorado, Kansas St, & Kansas, which I think Iowa St will most likely lose at least one of those games. More likely result for 2010 Iowa St is 3-9 or 4-8.

Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Colorado, Kansas State, and Kansas are all very winnable games that we have to take. I trust Paul Rhoads to not let us drop them. If we lose one of them, it's Colorado.

If Arnaud can throw better (which it sounds like he has been doing better), I like our chances against Texas Tech and Missouri, but not enough to favor us (well, maybe favoring us against Tech if they look bad at the top of the year, but I doubt that). Either of those would be solid wins for the program's reputation, and would be enough to get us bowling (hopefully).

Utah is a huge unknown. It sounds like they're rebuilding, but we play them half way through the season, so they should be ready to go.

Iowa will be hard, but it's a rivalry game, so it's hard for me to completely write it off as a loss. Arnaud is looking to prove himself after last year's six turnover disaster (lol, sound familiar?).

I hope we can beat Nebraska, but I don't at all expect it. I've gone through that already.

Not a chance against Oklahoma and Texas unless we can show some serious game at the start of the season. And even then it's a long shot.

There's my breakdown. In my book, much of the season hinges on how the receiving corps develops.

A successful season will be 7-6 and third in the north. Anything more would be icing on the cake. 5-7 would be acceptable, considering the schedule. Anything less would be a let down.

i actually like ISU and like to see them win (except against NU, of course) and i respect the team and cpr. however, it is hard to change perceptions and sometimes a team can only be as good as its program; i.e., ISU has never (rarely?) had an above average football team. they may be better than we give them credit for, they may be better than they were the last decade, but they are still ISU and still below-average. i hope i am proven wrong and they have a great season (except when they play NU), but i will have to see it before i can believe it. i do think they are in the right direction, but McCarney (sp?) had them in the right direction for a season, too.

Don't you just hate Iowa State Cyclones? :bang

not really...by the way most scared of mizzou by far...returning most of their starters except their receivers...then KSU, Kansas(ummm...see what gill did with a worthless buffalo team), ISU, and then Colorado(will hawkins even be the coach by then?)

Honestly Iowa state is the team I'm least worried about on our conference schedule. I also think it's far more likely that Kstate beat ISU than colorado but that's just the huge amount of respect I have for snyder. With Nebraska taking off for the big 10 I expect them to become one of the more physical teams in the big 12ish. That's his style. Of course you never know how long he'll be around...

If Arnaud can throw better (which it sounds like he has been doing better), I like our chances against Texas Tech and Missouri, but not enough to favor us (well, maybe favoring us against Tech if they look bad at the top of the year, but I doubt that). Either of those would be solid wins for the program's reputation, and would be enough to get us bowling (hopefully).

dude, i totally respect your opinions, and everyone is entitled to there own. We all know anything can happen in a game (ex: ISU vs NE last year) but its going to take alot more than that for you to "like your chances". MU played so poorly in the first half of last years game and still dominated the stats. (had 200 more total yds,ran for more than 200, passed for more than 300, had nearly 12 mins more poss. time & almost 2 full yrds more per play) ISU scored on two trick plays. They pulled everything out of the hat to win that game and still came up short. Add in the fact that MU returns nearly everybody from the youngest team in NCAA football last year I believe its more of a long shot than you are making it out to be. ISU can be a weird game, it has been in the past, but the only win against MU in the last 7 seasons was McCarney's farewell game and that was a referee screw job where the MU winning TD was called back on a phantom penalty that the BIG12 later appoligized for. There is just nothing that would say ISU should win or would have a 50/50 or better chance. MU beat ISU when you were the better team, and MU won when we were the better team. I think you would pin hopes on a different game.

but that is just this guys opinion :dunno

and now that i said all of that, we are certain to get smoked.... :facepalm:

so even if ISU is markedly better this year, that has no bearing. NU will still be a much more solid team, no matter how much better ISU is

now that makes perfect sense....

no matter how much better isu is... even a thousand million times better... NU will still be a much more solid team :bang

so even if ISU is markedly better this year, that has no bearing. NU will still be a much more solid team, no matter how much better ISU is

no matter how much better isu is... even a thousand million times better... NU will still be a much more solid team :bang

Dude, just let the goats cross the bridge, you troll.

If you're gonna pick a fight, at least know how to say something intelligent.

• Fire 1

Dude, just let the goats cross the bridge, you troll.

If you're gonna pick a fight, at least know how to say something intelligent.

unless ISU went out and picked up brandon marshall himself from the broncos, i don't see them being that much better