Cyclown Fanatic.....fools

Good god, these Cyclown fans are amazing. If you ever need a good laugh just go check out their board. Some ace clown posted a new poll this morning debating which game was a better win: Iowa's Orange bowl or ISU's Insight bowl. Believe it or not, it is about 60-40. 40% of their fanbase thinks their Insight win was better than Iowa's Orange bowl.

You honestly cant make this $hit up. I feel bad for you Sloup & Clone, why do you associate yourself with these people?

Insight Bowl > Orange Bowl......allegedly

yup. isu boards can vary in their temperment and content. I only post on one (using a different user name) because of that. I usually struggle with the whining so I haven't posted there for very long either.

but in fairness- husker boards vary quite a bit too.

on the other husker board I post on, I post as clone too (about the same # of posts too), you can go 10 pages deep without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing ISU or one of their forums.

go figure.

sounds boring.

is there any ISU board where you can go ten pages without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing NU or one of their forums?

probably not. That's why I only post on one and infrequently. It's fairly lame.

so even if ISU is markedly better this year, that has no bearing. NU will still be a much more solid team, no matter how much better ISU is

now that makes perfect sense....

no matter how much better isu is... even a thousand million times better... NU will still be a much more solid team :bang

that is something. if isu is a million times better than they were last year, yes they will be better than NU. no argument here. however, as i said, if ISU is just markedly better, NU will still have a better team. i am not sure what i said that made you think what you did. i am guessing the over/under for how many points isu scores will be in the single digits.

what i find odd from spending time on the ISU message board is so many posters use this logic, "we lost to KU because we missed our field goals, if we just have better kicking we will win this year" as if every game is a re-do for the losing team and everything will go the same except the losing team will be able to fix what went wrong last year. games are not "all things being equal". each year they are completely different, so are teams (even if you have many of the same players). it is just odd how many people use the logic, "last year we lost because of 'x', if we just fix 'x' we will win". no it does not work that way. (and don't say people on huskerboard are crazy, we know, every fanbase is crazy when judging their own team and completely rational when judging other teams, it psychological biases) just as you cannot say, "if our defense plays as good last year against NU, we will have a chance." no, if your defense plays as good, and our offense plays as good and avoids fumbles we win big. or if your defense plays as good, but our offense plays much better, we win. and who is to say what team will show up on either side of the ball for either team.

it really is not hard to predict football games however, vegas does a pretty good job, that is why that city can build pyramids and gold encrusted hotels. i say we will be favored by at least 2 tds (even though you have the jack trice 'factor') and we will win because we will have a strong defense, a team on the upswing, and isu tends to plateau and has a soul-crushing schedule (even if you are better, it will be hard to notice because you will still be lucky to go .500).

but honestly, good luck.

edit: also, when i said, "no matter how much better ISU is," i meant realistically in the next season. i did not mean if ISU and TU switched players ISU would still lose. you seemed to have missed the context of my post. "no matter how much better isu can be next year given their current program", not "no matter how much better isu could be in a million years with the new orleans saints realizing they all have one more year of eligibility and want to use it up at ISU, and the NCAA and NFL made a special exception because it was brett favre's career's make a wish." i guess it is easy to get confused when one exists in imaginationland.

This is something that isu fans really need to remember. Nebraska was coming off a devastating, confidence-shattering loss to texas tech after a lot of hype.

Good god, these Cyclown fans are amazing. If you ever need a good laugh just go check out their board. Some ace clown posted a new poll this morning debating which game was a better win: Iowa's Orange bowl or ISU's Insight bowl. Believe it or not, it is about 60-40. 40% of their fanbase thinks their Insight win was better than Iowa's Orange bowl.

You honestly cant make this $hit up. I feel bad for you Sloup & Clone, why do you associate yourself with these people?

Insight Bowl > Orange Bowl......allegedly

yup. isu boards can vary in their temperment and content. I only post on one (using a different user name) because of that. I usually struggle with the whining so I haven't posted there for very long either.

but in fairness- husker boards vary quite a bit too.

on the other husker board I post on, I post as clone too (about the same # of posts too), you can go 10 pages deep without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing ISU or one of their forums.

go figure.

sounds boring.

is there any ISU board where you can go ten pages without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing NU or one of their forums?

probably not. That's why I only post on one and infrequently. It's fairly lame.

If its so lame, and you want to associate this board with it, which it sounds like youre trying to do.....LEAVE US ALONE.

I have worked in neb for over thirty years and follow the team as closely or closer than many husker "fans" I work with. As you know, many can't tell you the name of the current qb.

You CAN tell us the name of the current QB? By all means, enlighten us who our QB is, because at this point I doubt even Bo or Watson know. But you do! You're more of a fan than all the rest of us!

I have worked in neb for over thirty years and follow the team as closely or closer than many husker "fans" I work with. As you know, many can't tell you the name of the current qb.

You CAN tell us the name of the current QB? By all means, enlighten us who our QB is, because at this point I doubt even Bo or Watson know. But you do! You're more of a fan than all the rest of us!

I'm talking DURING the season, but I'll bite anyway.

your current qb is Zac Lee. Until he loses the job.

My guess, he will NOT be beaten out for the starting gig by Green or Martinez.

Now.

if you are saying all the nu fans you know can name the current qb... let alone any other qbs on the roster...

well ya have better informed fans than the ones I work with. They wear red on friday and hang nu schedules in their cubicles. but beyond that.

not so much.

your experience may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

In the thread "Where would ISU rank in the Big 10 this year" Their Link

I was talking to my father-in-law (who is a huge Hawk fan) last night and he asked where in the Big 10 conference ISU would finish, I thought 5th behind OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. He thought 4th behind Wisconsin. He lives in Eastern Iowa and he said alot of Hawk fans actually think ISU would be a solid team in the Big 10 this year, what do you guys think, is 4th about right?

In the Big Ten ISU wouldnt be as far behind OSU and PSU as they are Texas and Oklahoma in the Big Twelve. We probly would get beat but not so badly.

If they are not delusional, this bodes well for NU!

I just love how they are over looking Texas Tech, in fact, IMO, TT just may be one of the underated teams that no one is talking about. With the offensive coaches, including Kliff Kingsbury as assistant OC and QB's coach, that offense isn't going to change much and with Tuberville's defensive background, when that program develops a stout defense to go along with that offense, look out.

TTECH W

They are breaking in a new coach who will be playing in Jack Trice for the 1st time, not gonna happen.

I'm sure after coaching in the SEC, Tuberville is just shaking in his boots about coming to Jack Trice which will probably be 5,000 shy of a sell out.

• 2 months later...

i thought this deserved a bump for two reasons:

one: they lost to ksu. a must win for them to get to 6-6. significantly hurting their chances at getting to a bowl game (even though if they did get to a bowl game, no one would know about it because it would air on the nfl network)

two: this;

Anyone want to place bets that Washington will beat NU and have 400-500 yards of offense?