Antonio Bell now a DB?

A fellow Huskerboard member, teachercd, seems to have caught wind of a change of position for the youngester Antonio Bell. Apparently, he has been moved to DB. Well, I assume he meant Antonio, but he could have meant Kenny, I just assumed Antonio since he has been here longer. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I feel Antonio has a great deal of potential since he worked his way onto the field as a Frosh, if only for mop up duty. I really liked him as a WR prospect, and really hope we're not talking about him like some do about Niles now (i.e., imagine how good he could be if he was only a JR this year, if Cally hadn't burnt his redshirt). Time will tell, but it's a moot point if he switch positions. Anyone know anything? :dunno

Bell is fast. Like really fast. But he can't really block well. That was the thing that held him back this year. Moving him to DB makes sense, but dear god we have got A LOT of defensive backs.

Exactly, GMoose. Perhaps we need to scrap the Peso and go to a base 8-3 D with 8 DB's and 3 down lineman? Speed, speed, speed. It'd look something like this:

LDE:Pierre Allen, Ankrah

DT: Crick, Moore

RDE: Baker (gotta get him on field), Cam,

DB: Prince, Dennard, Gomes, Hagg, PJ Smith, Austin Cassidy, Bell, Rickey (he could just play center field so we don't have to worry about asking him to cover anyone)

Anyway, makes me thankful we got Dennard. He was a real late addition to his recruiting class that came totally outta no where. So glad we snagged him, that's the definition of a gem. Anyway, if Bell is indeed a DB, what does that say about the depth at WR? I really thought Bell would make a great WR after watching the plays he made in the spring game two years ago. Who exactly do they think is going to step up?

A fellow Huskerboard member, teachercd, seems to have caught wind of a change of position for the youngester Antonio Bell. Apparently, he has been moved to DB. Well, I assume he meant Antonio, but he could have meant Kenny, I just assumed Antonio since he has been here longer. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I feel Antonio has a great deal of potential since he worked his way onto the field as a Frosh, if only for mop up duty. I really liked him as a WR prospect, and really hope we're not talking about him like some do about Niles now (i.e., imagine how good he could be if he was only a JR this year, if Cally hadn't burnt his redshirt). Time will tell, but it's a moot point if he switch positions. Anyone know anything? :dunno

www.huskerfanclub.com

Thats where I saw it, froma poster the usually doesnt just post made up crap.

www.huskerfanclub.com

So it is Antonio said poster was referring to?

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

Thank you sir, hopefully this is not the case. If it is, I wonder about our WR. We do have much depth at DB. Those in the know, did Antonio play DB in HS?

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

Thank you sir, hopefully this is not the case. If it is, I wonder about our WR. We do have much depth at DB. Those in the know, did Antonio play DB in HS?

If he isn't able to block, how is he going to be able to be a sure tackler?

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

Sounds like nowadays "moved to DB" = buried on the depth chart never to be seen again. eg, Marcus Mendoza

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

Sounds like nowadays "moved to DB" = buried on the depth chart never to be seen again. eg, Marcus Mendoza

Yea!! Just like that other offensive player we converted last year.. prince what's his name and that other kid two years ago that cody guy who plays for the colts.. :sarcasm:

Just because a kid is switched positions doesn't instantly mean he won't contribute. I'm sure the staff wouldn't move him from WR unless they really thought he could contribute this year as a DB.

www.huskerfanclub.com

Yes

Yea!! Just like that other offensive player we converted last year.. prince what's his name and that other kid two years ago and that cody guy who plays for the colts.. :sarcasm:

Just because a kid is switched positions doesn't instantly mean he won't contribute. I'm sure the staff wouldn't move him from WR unless they really thought he could contribute this year as a DB.

Prince has played corner since 08. And Glenn was a LB.