Antonio Bell now a DB?

Prince has played corner since 08. And Glenn was a LB.

?Prince came in as a RB, and Glenn was a RB until his senior year.

Actually Prince was an athlete that has played CB since he got off of the scout team basically, and the original comment said this:

Sounds like nowadays "moved to DB" = buried on the depth chart never to be seen again. eg, Marcus Mendoza

So Glenn being moved to LB really doesn't pertain to this comment.

Prince has played corner since 08. And Glenn was a LB.

?Prince came in as a RB, and Glenn was a RB until his senior year.

Actually Prince was an athlete that has played CB since he got off of the scout team basically, and the original comment said this:

Sounds like nowadays "moved to DB" = buried on the depth chart never to be seen again. eg, Marcus Mendoza

So Glenn being moved to LB really doesn't pertain to this comment.

Thank you ITDTG. Prince was given about as much of a shot to play RB as Bronson Marsh is going to have at QB :wacko: .

When he was moved to DB we had nowhere near the depth in the defensive backfield that we have now. Not even close.

And yes, Glenn was a LB. Once again, making it irrelevant to this topic.

Can we please bed this debate?

• 1 month later...

*bump*

So has Bell be practicing with the DBs? What spot? How's he look?

Bell's at corner. I'm still not sure why he moved. If he's not a good blocker I naturally doubt if he's physical enough to bring down receiver that are bigger and taller than him.

Might be a good thing we have him at CB. What, with all the guys dropping like flies due to fall camp injuries.

*bump*

Bell's at corner. I'm still not sure why he moved. If he's not a good blocker I naturally doubt if he's physical enough to bring down receiver that are bigger and taller than him.

Not all corners are physical, in your face type guys, either. As hard as it is to believe, as that's not the type of player Bo builds his defense on, but we've got room for one or two of them. I think a perfect example would be Asante Samuel (huge Eagles fan here), a sometime atrocious tackler, very fineses guy, but he still makes big plays in the passing game.

*bump*

Not all corners are physical, in your face type guys, either. As hard as it is to believe, as that's not the type of player Bo builds his defense on, but we've got room for one or two of them. I think a perfect example would be Asante Samuel (huge Eagles fan here), a sometime atrocious tackler, very fineses guy, but he still makes big plays in the passing game.

*bump*

Not to compare Bell to Deion Sanders, but Deion was always thought of being a wuss when it came to tackling. That said, I think we all would be excited to have the next "Prime Time" on our roster. (huge Cowboy fan here :cheers )

*bump*

Not to compare Bell to Deion Sanders, but Deion was always thought of being a wuss when it came to tackling. That said, I think we all would be excited to have the next "Prime Time" on our roster. (huge Cowboy fan here :cheers )

Ouch, fun. I'll let it go though, we can still be buds :). You guys gotta get that O Line to stop being so banged up and you should be alright this season.

Anyway, with regards to Bell being a finesses guy, isn't that essentially what you want in a nickel or dime back? I mean, ideally, you always want guys that can tackle and cover, but if given a choice between a guy who can't cover and a guy who can't tackle, I'd take the guy who can cover as a nickel/dime back in a heartbeat. And I just got to thinking about this, but with the Blue injury, we are suddenly very short on DB depth. Gomes could convert back to corner, and I could see Green or Thorrell contributing if they need to, but right now, with Gomes at safety... behind Alfonso and Prince, there is no experience. Bell may be forced into action.

*bump*

Not to compare Bell to Deion Sanders, but Deion was always thought of being a wuss when it came to tackling. That said, I think we all would be excited to have the next "Prime Time" on our roster. (huge Cowboy fan here cheers.gif )

Ouch, fun. I'll let it go though, we can still be buds smile.gif. You guys gotta get that O Line to stop being so banged up and you should be alright this season.

Anyway, with regards to Bell being a finesses guy, isn't that essentially what you want in a nickel or dime back? I mean, ideally, you always want guys that can tackle and cover, but if given a choice between a guy who can't cover and a guy who can't tackle, I'd take the guy who can cover as a nickel/dime back in a heartbeat. And I just got to thinking about this, but with the Blue injury, we are suddenly very short on DB depth. Gomes could convert back to corner, and I could see Green or Thorrell contributing if they need to, but right now, with Gomes at safety... behind Alfonso and Prince, there is no experience. Bell may be forced into action.

We have Gomes and West that could step in at corner at this point. There are couple of others as well. They might not be the names like at LB and the D-Line, but Sanders has done a phenomonal job developing depth and versitility in the secondary.