Victory Bell

as much as I despise the majority of Tiger fans this and the Kansas games are sad to see die. I believe we have played each team for over 100 years in a row regardless of the stupid bell, wish we could still play both teams each year. That being said its our bell if when we win we keep it forever. I don't have any sources to back it up, I just want it that way.

I've had this thought a number of times. It is very important for us to have a big year in conference. I would love to head to the big 10 leaving our big 12 north rivals and texas/osu/a&m wondering what happened. In Missouri's case, I like to hang on to the Bell for 50+ years....or just toss it in a dumpster, cause you know, who cares about Missouri?

Going out with wins across the board would feel soooo good!

I've had this thought a number of times. It is very important for us to have a big year in conference. I would love to head to the big 10 leaving our big 12 north rivals and texas/osu/a&m wondering what happened. In Missouri's case, I like to hang on to the Bell for 50+ years....or just toss it in a dumpster, cause you know, who cares about Missouri?

Going out with wins across the board would feel soooo good!

:thumbs THIS GUY!! :thumbs

if the Huskers win it this year (don't want to jinx anything) they should just put it in the same place they had it from '79-2002. Which was probably in the back of some storage closet somewhere in the stadium.

Until the last few years, who knew this matchup even had a trophy associated with it??

Win or lose, let Missouri keep it. It probably matters more to some of them than it does to us.

But, realistically speaking (and if I have my history right), I'm pretty sure it was commissioned by two Husker fraternities, and it was used in the same fashion that Missouri and Nebraska use it now. It wasn't until somebody from Missouri suggested some type of trophy be used for our game, and this was offered up as that prize. So, technically, it belongs to those two fraternities, but I could see Missouri keeping it.

Plus, we've had it for longer than them anyways. May as well let em catch up. :koolaid2:

Win or lose, let Missouri keep it. It probably matters more to some of them than it does to us.

But, realistically speaking (and if I have my history right), I'm pretty sure it was commissioned by two Husker fraternities, and it was used in the same fashion that Missouri and Nebraska use it now. It wasn't until somebody from Missouri suggested some type of trophy be used for our game, and this was offered up as that prize. So, technically, it belongs to those two fraternities, but I could see Missouri keeping it.

Plus, we've had it for longer than them anyways. May as well let em catch up. :koolaid2:

like 30 years in a row...