Hey James Dobson, Thanks!

When we hired Bo for the HC job, he filled his staff out with some pretty familiar names - Sanders, Brown, Cotton, Watson, etc. One of my biggest gripes during the regime of The Coach Who Shall Not Be Named was the sorry state of our athletes, so Strength & Conditioning was a position I was eager to see a big splash in.

Then they hired this Dobson guy, some assistant from Palookaville, IA - an assistant with the Hawkeyes, no less! Whaaaaaa!?!?!???! I thought, surely Bo could have gotten someone better, some big name, and I was really concerned that we were going to see more of the same half-assery that we'd been seeing from the Huskers the previous four years.

I'm here to admit that my name is knapplc, and I don't know jack about Strength & Conditioning Coaches. :dumdum :dumdum :dumdum

Coach Dobson has these guys fit, strong, and rarin' to go. Here's a pretty important blurb showing his bona fides from Huskers.com:

In Dobson's first two seasons directing Nebraska's strength and conditioning efforts, the Huskers have had impressive gains both on and off the field. Outstanding conditioning has been a key factor in NU ranking among the nation's top fourth-quarter squads the past two seasons.

In 2008, Nebraska outscored its opponents 155-52 in the fourth quarter. Nebraska's point total and scoring differential in the fourth quarter were both second best in the nation. The Huskers again dominated the fourth quarter in 2009. Nebraska outscored its opponents 96-32 in the fourth quarter. The 32 points allowed in the fourth quarter tied for the best in the nation, while the 64-point differential was fourth. Overall in the second half, Nebraska outscored its opponents 154-55, as the 55 second-half points were the fewest allowed by any team in the nation.

We got ourselves a good one here, and this thread is a great idea. Thanks, Coach, for everything you've done for the team. Keep up the great work!

:bigredn:

I coached flag football (5+6 year olds) and his son was on the team. He came to practices and games but usually stayed to himself. He was a nice guy and his son loved to play. He knew quite a bit and would do whatever we told him to do. Can't wait to see what he's like when he gets older.