big 10 sucks

i still don,t like nu joining the big 10, allways hated he big 10....playing ohio state, penn state, they are eastern schools, location is a big problem in my book. i will go never like the move , regardless of osborn, etc....it was about money, nothing eles

It's done, deal with it. and the traveling won't be that much different only instead of traveling to half sold 40'00 seat stadiums, we'll be going to 70-110,000 full colosseums

i still don,t like nu joining the big 10, allways hated he big 10....playing ohio state, penn state, they are eastern schools, location is a big problem in my book. i will go never like the move , regardless of osborn, etc....it was about money, nothing eles

State College, PA is about 250 miles farther then Austin, TX. That is about 1/2 hour in a jet.

Nebraska had to make a decision. They made the best decision they could for a host of reasons. You don't have to like it.

I must admit I wasn't that crazy about the Big 10 and initially had a negative feeling when I first heard about the possible move. But to be honest with you, I did not have any good reasons, like the poster, for my past feeling for the Big 10. Once I understood the whole story about how it will help NU academically and perhaps Nebraska's economy, I was in.

I have had the impression in comparing the Big 10 to the Big 12 South Division, that the Big 12 South had more speed overall. But even though OSU looked slower against LSU in that NC game a few years ago, they did defeat Miami in that NC game some years back. One out of three isn't too bad. With Pelini making Nebraska into a fast team again, like Osborne's later teams, that maybe would help inspire more Big 10 teams to get faster -- but I think the Big 10 teams are already improving on that.

• Fire 1

I must admit I wasn't that crazy about the Big 10 and initially had a negative feeling when I first heard about the possible move. But to be honest with you, I did not have any good reasons, like the poster, for my past feeling for the Big 10. Once I understood the whole story about how it will help NU academically and perhaps Nebraska's economy, I was in.

I have had the impression in comparing the Big 10 to the Big 12 South Division, that the Big 12 South had more speed overall. But even though OSU looked slower against LSU in that NC game a few years ago, they did defeat Miami in that NC game some years back. One out of three isn't too bad. With Pelini making Nebraska into a fast team again, like Osborne's later teams, that maybe would help inspire more Big 10 teams to get faster -- but I think the Big 10 teams are already improving on that.

Michigan is also supposedly getting faster with RichRod's spread

... that's if he stays though

But I agree I used to always see it as a slow conference, but maybe that's cause I stereotyped the Big 10

Getting down on our knees to Texas like the rest of the Big XII did is the last thing that I would have wanted to happen. The crap that they pulled to get their way is ridiculous. I was talking with an OU fan and he is pissed that OU gave in...they are getting more than the rest of the chumps that stayed. Like Tubberville said, it is only a matter of time before they fold and it will be on Texas because of their we are better than everyone else attitude.

I am excited for the move. Some of my excitement is selfish since I do live in Big Ten country, but after that excitement went away, I completely see what TO made the move and it made perfect sense. It will take some time to get use to the move, but I do think it was in the best interest of NU....for academics and athletics.

On behalf of buckeye nation, I'd appreciate it if you'd never again refer to LSU, the SEC, or anything that could cause us to remember that they exist--at least as far as bowl games are concerned. We're just fine in the regular season, but that's not as interesting.

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to my happy place now.

How about the fact that we are no longer in a conference that can be held hostage by one school. If the big 12 had accpeted the big 8 history, if the conference were ran fairly, and if there was equal revenue sharing. I would also appose the move, but since none of those happened. I'm all for the move

100% correct.

The BigXII could have been the best. But sadly....

Michigan is also supposedly getting faster with RichRod's spread

... that's if he stays though

But I agree I used to always see it as a slow conference, but maybe that's cause I stereotyped the Big 10

Yeah the first thing that popped into my mind when Ted Ginn Jr scored that opening kickoff against florida was....it's only a matter of time before those blazing fast florida players take over this game...