Best hybrid nickel back?

We’ve had a lot of guys who would have been great in the new Peso nickel back position. Both LBs and DBs.

I’m going with a LB. Terrell Farley. Good size, 6-01 205. Incredible speed. Hits like a freight train.

Farley was the guy who came to mind right away for me. Since you took him, maybe I'd take Mike Brown. I have a couple of other guys I would take, but I'll let someone else have a shot before I mention them.

Yeah, I think Mike Brown woulda been in my top two or three for nickel. Several speedy LBs come to mind, and a few safeties. I don’t recall many CBs with enough size.

Mike Minter comes to mind. chuckleshuffle

I agree with this most, because we actually saw what he could do on the field actually playing that position against Colorado in 96 after Farley was booted off. McBride instilled a nickel using Minter basically as an OLB and he absolutely terrorized Detmer.

To me Mike Brown was a true safety. I'll go with Minter (+1 to REDSTEEL) as well. He played the Rover position much like today's Peso.

I agree Chicago. Minter was great on flat coverage, Brown a bit better on the deep stuff (remember he started his NU career at CB) Farley, Super D, you could say Dan Bullocks I think too. Speed to burn, and Dan was much better than Josh at run support. Great thread!!

I’m gonna through another name out there. Clint Finley. Not as widely publicized as those mentioned above. But a great Blackshirt nonetheless. Finley was fast, smart and could REALLY lay the wood. Think Asante type hits, except Finley was there before the whistle blew. Finley is the type of guy who would thrive in Pelini’s system.