Red Out Around the World

First off, to the crayon-drawing guy from Texas - don't chastise us for calling you Texass. We'll call you whatever we want and you'll like it. This is our board, and that's how it works here. You're being treated far better here than any of us have/would be treated at any Texas board. Your protests are disingenuous. So let's 86 that, shall we?

Second, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting pumped up about what should be a hell of a game, even in July. I'm excited to play anyone right now, and the Texas game is going to be a lot of fun. You people down there in Austin get pumped up about playing aTm, and you're claiming we shouldn't get excited to play you? So by that logic aTm is more worthy of excitement than the Longhorns? Think about what you're saying here.

First off, to the crayon-drawing guy from Texas - don't chastise us for calling you Texass. We'll call you whatever we want and you'll like it. This is our board, and that's how it works here. You're being treated far better here than any of us have/would be treated at any Texas board. Your protests are disingenuous. So let's 86 that, shall we?

Second, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting pumped up about what should be a hell of a game, even in July. I'm excited to play anyone right now, and the Texas game is going to be a lot of fun. You people down there in Austin get pumped up about playing aTm, and you're claiming we shouldn't get excited to play you? So by that logic aTm is more worthy of excitement than the Longhorns? Think about what you're saying here.

Itg_quarterly.jpg

• Fire 1

Itg_quarterly.jpg

Is that a pic of you thujone?

• Fire 1

I still say texass is a joke. Their fans are a joke. Their AD is a joke. Their whole state is a joke. They live in this world of great importance and nobody really cares. The game this year is just the beginning of our season. Win or lose we need to take care of business in the north. I don't see us going undefeated so my goals are the big12 title and a BCS game. We need to take care of missouri and kstate. If the team wants to use last year's title game as motivation then go for it. But texass has done nothing to make us fear them or treat them like a big deal.

1 title since the big 12's inception...same as we have and we've gone through a couple extra coaches. People can be excited but personally I'm looking forward to washington, texas A&M (want to see our D against 2 tough qbs), and hopefully OU in the title game.

Sorry to burst your rant, but they have won three. 1996-beat us, 2005-slaughtered Colorado, and 2009-"beat" us

:facepalm: ONE NATIONAL TITLE! Good gawd...

Pete Carrol blew that game in Pasadena. 4th and 1 from midfield late in the 4th qtr and you get one yard and you win the game. He has Reggie Bush on the sidelines???? Sends Lendale White who can't even get a yard. If they don't screw up that play, Texas has how many national titles????

ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a dominant program. There only title is with a guy that scores -negative points on the Wonderlik.

Is that even possible???

Exactly. How does a school like Texas, who has five-star recruits lined up to get into the place at every position, have as many MNC's as Nebraska? That's embarrassing any way you look at it.

Further, they shouldn't even have that MNC from 1970 (or 71, I forget which) because the "final" poll came out before the bowl game, and they lost their bowl game. So four semi-legit titles is all they can muster in a state that is synonymous with five-star recruits.

It's always funny to watch Texas Fan boast about their school an crack on other schools. They have next to nothing to show for all of that talent.

• Fire 1

Exactly. How does a school like Texas, who has five-star recruits lined up to get into the place at every position, have as many MNC's as Nebraska? That's embarrassing any way you look at it.

Further, they shouldn't even have that MNC from 1970 (or 71, I forget which) because the "final" poll came out before the bowl game, and they lost their bowl game. So four semi-legit titles is all they can muster in a state that is synonymous with five-star recruits.

It's always funny to watch Texas Fan boast about their school an crack on other schools. They have next to nothing to show for all of that talent.

I read on shaggybeav, that they were upset that we get extra rest before we play our next game since it is on a Thurs before we play them. Someone said, he dummy, we have the whole week off before we play NU. They play OU then have a bye week before they play us. Then the poster went on to say, that that is ok, UT will be sure to have Beebe get in the refs ears to make sure UT gets all the calls. Funny stuff.

I sense passion about this topic from you, knapplc.

Anyways, I completely agree. I have made this argument before, that Texas has very little to show for how much talent they have. They have arguably the easiest recruiting job in the country, and they have arguably the best state for recruiting. What do they have to show for it? One national title in the Mack Brown era, and the only reason they won it was because of an amazing athlete in Vince Young. Texas does not win that game with anybody else at quarterback. USC was the better team that night, but Texas just had the best player.

I shutter to think about how dominant Texas would be with a great coach. I think Mack Brown wins a lot of games simply because of the athletes he gets there. He ends up just winning some by default. Mack Brown always comes close to losing football games, and he has a roster made of gold. It's rather sad.

It's a shame that more older Texas fans don't post on boards and stuff. Mostly it's just young punks who aren't even from Texas, who only know how to spew about how they've one an MNC more recently so we are garbage. But I really do like to talk to older UT fans who have been through the whole ride.

Quit critiquing everything and just have fun with it, no one is losing site of any game. Let them pump it up. let everyone talk let them be jealous of the love we are getting, let them hate us once more, I LOVE IT, make it the biggest game of the year, the year we have to play in "two" big 12 title games, to take the rights forever. Sit down, crack the beer and wait for a great party.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

And the Draake marketing company makes great promo videos, Husker Experience Room is something you all should do on a boring Tuesday at lunch or something.