Receivers

After 3 weeks I see our WR top 3 looking like this.

1.BK

2.Paul- but if tmart hits mcneil in stride against idaho i put mcneil in this position

3. mcneil

I think that paul will fall behind mcneil and maybe one more receiver by midseason. First of all we dont throw the ball much and it appears as if the play action has been pointed more towards BK and mcneil. Paul is a gifted athlete, but lacks alot of the concentration and heart to be our #1 receiver

Paul makes me nervous every time he touches the ball, if in fact he can reel it in. BK and McNeil have much softer hands so far this season, and they haven't had Paul's fumbleitis.

All that said, I still believe Paul is gonna play a huge role for us this year. Remember there are lots of games to be played, and Paul is more than capable of making the big plays we're accustomed to seeing from him.

Im not disagreeing that paul will have ann impact this year i just dont think he is the best we have. and of course we will see as the year progresses. I think he has come up big in spots and done very well. but then there were times that he just flat doesnt have his head in the game with dropped punts and passes.

he had a couple mental lapses but he carried our offense for the most part of the season. He never had a problem after iowa state game, he'll do very well next year

Except for scoring touchdowns........

That wasn't cause of a mental lapse, remember when he was running down the field with the ku defender on his back, yeah that was awesome. Or the punt return against Colorado.

Yes Paul does make some terrific plays, but that five* game stretch he had with zero TD receptions still concerns me. If NU wants to better their 101st place passing game ranking from 09 then they will need improved play from the entire WR crew, not just Paul. Because IMO there's simply no way that he'll be able to carry the load on his own.

* Edit- wrong number of games

QB play is as much to blame for that as Paul. Not to mention playcalling, we went pretty conservative towards the end of the season, content to win with defense and a solid running game. 20, 14, 19, 21, 14 pass attempts in the games before Arizona. It's probably not a stretch to say that most of those came in obvious passing downs as well.

Im not disagreeing that paul will have ann impact this year i just dont think he is the best we have. and of course we will see as the year progresses. I think he has come up big in spots and done very well. but then there were times that he just flat doesnt have his head in the game with dropped punts and passes.

he had a couple mental lapses but he carried our offense for the most part of the season. He never had a problem after iowa state game, he'll do very well next year

Except for scoring touchdowns........

That wasn't cause of a mental lapse, remember when he was running down the field with the ku defender on his back, yeah that was awesome. Or the punt return against Colorado.

Yes Paul does make some terrific plays, but that five* game stretch he had with zero TD receptions still concerns me. If NU wants to better their 101st place passing game ranking from 09 then they will need improved play from the entire WR crew, not just Paul. Because IMO there's simply no way that he'll be able to carry the load on his own.

* Edit- wrong number of games

QB play is as much to blame for that as Paul. Not to mention playcalling, we went pretty conservative towards the end of the season, content to win with defense and a solid running game. 20, 14, 19, 21, 14 pass attempts in the games before Arizona. It's probably not a stretch to say that most of those came in obvious passing downs as well.

This hit the nail on the head. Lee's injury hampered a lot of what the offense could do with stretching the field. Remeber if Lee would have led Niles on three of those passes against Kansas he would have three scores. Niles was 3 or 4 steps behind their secondary. He even had the Whorns burnt on one of the weakly attempted deep balls in the title game.

Also Will Henery will never play a significant role this year, HOWEVER LaTravis Washington gets him in the endzone this week!!!! There's a bold prediction for ya'll :woo

:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

no offense but i think you are crazy.

Kinnie is mostly unproven, a good catch or 2 in the spring game does not make a good receiver. Mcneil was a good TE but hasnt played a down as receiver yet. Henry is 6'6" and thats about it, what has he proven.

Paul is by far our best receiver and i dont think anyone is going to dethrone him this season either. Kinnie has a chance but i just dont see it. Paul gets better separation than the rest and minus mcneil has better hands than the rest as well as route running, there is really no one else close.

You guys are INSAINE lmao kinnie by far is the best reciver lol He steps up in BIG GAMES ,paul :facepalm: has that off and on switch and you never knoe when hes gonna show up. And also kinnie has good ball skills you see how he handeled that ball against the huskies on that 55 yard catch that was a TD ? He still got my attention in the game against texas late in the game I say let teams double team him Mcneil and Kinnie will make big plays and they will hang on to the ball and keep drives going :koolaid2:

Kinnie is mostly unproven, a good catch or 2 in the spring game does not make a good receiver. Mcneil was a good TE but hasnt played a down as receiver yet. Henry is 6'6" and thats about it, what has he proven.

Paul is by far our best receiver and i dont think anyone is going to dethrone him this season either. Kinnie has a chance but i just dont see it. Paul gets better separation than the rest and minus mcneil has better hands than the rest as well as route running, there is really no one else close.

You guys are INSAINE lmao kinnie by far is the best reciver lol He steps up in BIG GAMES ,paul :facepalm: has that off and on switch and you never knoe when hes gonna show up. And also kinnie has good ball skills you see how he handeled that ball against the huskies on that 55 yard catch that was a TD ? He still got my attention in the game against texas late in the game I say let teams double team him Mcneil and Kinnie will make big plays and they will hang on to the ball and keep drives going :koolaid2:

What "big games" has Kinnie stepped up for? Two catches vs Texas doesn't qualitfy in my books, and I need to smoke what you are if any of these three games this year were a "big game." I love Kinnie but do it against a real secondary and a defense that plays tackle football no two hand touch and I'll be the first person on that boat.

PS Thank god Kinnie has huge hands, because he holds the ball like a loaf of bread when he is running.

What "big games" has Kinnie stepped up for? Two catches vs Texas doesn't qualitfy in my books, and I need to smoke what you are if any of these three games this year were a "big game." I love Kinnie but do it against a real secondary and a defense that plays tackle football no two hand touch and I'll be the first person on that boat.

PS Thank god Kinnie has huge hands, because he holds the ball like a loaf of bread when he is running.

what ever dude :facepalm:

what ever dude :facepalm:

Wow, facepalmed for asking for legit answers. Good theories for backing your arguement

I'm not gonna fight with you sorry man . Then you can make sure that niles keeps his switch on then

Never intended for it to become a "fight". Just trying to get you to elaborate on your theories more. I just stated my side of the opinion and wanted to get you to go deeper into yours. That is what good bantor is about.

Like I said I'd be the first on board the Kinnie express when he dominates a "big game"