James Wilder, Jr.

All I know is his dad ruin our season in 1978. I was so sky high after that OU victory, and we were one win away from playing for the NC in the bowl game. To make matters worse, I was going to Columbia College in Columbia, MO and took a lot of grief after his dad tore us apart that day. Insult to injury, we had to play OU again in the Orange Bowl. Of course we lost that game 31-24.

• 2 weeks later...

Nation's No. 1 recruit Wilder Jr. picks Florida State

Plant (Fla.) star running back and linebacker picks Florida State over Georgia and Florida.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

By: Rod Gipson

TAMPA, Fla. - The nation's No. 1 football recruit from the Class of 2011 has picked Florida State.

James Wilder Jr., a senior running back, linebacker and defensive end from Plant (Tampa, Fla.), had more than 80 Division I offers but narrowed his final choices to Florida, Florida State and Georgia.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound standout made his announcement at Plant in front of a large throng of media and into six microphones. He didn't use any caps for drama.

According to MaxPreps/CBS College Sports recruiting expert Tom Lemming, Wilder, the son of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' all-time leading rusher by the same name, could have an All-American career waiting for him on defense, though schools have told him he can be a difference maker at running back.

He rushed for 1,004 yards and 15 touchdowns last season, leading Plant to a Class 5A state title. He also added 136 tackles and 19 sacks.

Wilder is the third big-name recruit from Plant to commit to a major Division I school this month.

Quarterback Phillip Ely chose Alabama and offensive tackle Tony Posada picked Michigan. The verbal commitments come after lengthy recruiting processes for all the athletes. Ely (19-0 as a starter for Plant and the owner of two state championships) and Posada (a dominating 6-foot-5, 320-pound tackle) were key players for a Plant team is set to start a quest for a third straight state championship.

Wilder was attracted to Georgia partially because two other high-profile Plant players are already in the Bulldogs' camp. Redshirt freshman quarterback Aaron Murray and sophomore tight end Orson Charles actively helped recruit Wilder.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/ze3-QasAEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/nations-no-1-recruit-wilder-jr-picks-florida-state.htm

Nation's No. 1 recruit Wilder Jr. picks Florida State

Plant (Fla.) star running back and linebacker picks Florida State over Georgia and Florida.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

By: Rod Gipson

TAMPA, Fla. - The nation's No. 1 football recruit from the Class of 2011 has picked Florida State.

James Wilder Jr., a senior running back, linebacker and defensive end from Plant (Tampa, Fla.), had more than 80 Division I offers but narrowed his final choices to Florida, Florida State and Georgia.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound standout made his announcement at Plant in front of a large throng of media and into six microphones. He didn't use any caps for drama.

According to MaxPreps/CBS College Sports recruiting expert Tom Lemming, Wilder, the son of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' all-time leading rusher by the same name, could have an All-American career waiting for him on defense, though schools have told him he can be a difference maker at running back.

He rushed for 1,004 yards and 15 touchdowns last season, leading Plant to a Class 5A state title. He also added 136 tackles and 19 sacks.

Wilder is the third big-name recruit from Plant to commit to a major Division I school this month.

Quarterback Phillip Ely chose Alabama and offensive tackle Tony Posada picked Michigan. The verbal commitments come after lengthy recruiting processes for all the athletes. Ely (19-0 as a starter for Plant and the owner of two state championships) and Posada (a dominating 6-foot-5, 320-pound tackle) were key players for a Plant team is set to start a quest for a third straight state championship.

Wilder was attracted to Georgia partially because two other high-profile Plant players are already in the Bulldogs' camp. Redshirt freshman quarterback Aaron Murray and sophomore tight end Orson Charles actively helped recruit Wilder.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/ze3-QasAEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/nations-no-1-recruit-wilder-jr-picks-florida-state.htm

Well, good for Florida State. They now have another great, dynamic player with which to underachieve and not even reach the status of the Big Boy in the rather weak ACC. :LOLtartar

Well, good for Florida State. They now have another great, dynamic player with which to underachieve and not even reach the status of the Big Boy in the rather weak ACC. :LOLtartar

I look at it as another quality recruit that brings Florida State back to prominence. Why do we ditch a team for getting a 5 star recruit? Sometimes Husker fans puzzle me. I know, I see the "humor" of it.

SheepdogMark