Prince Amukamara caught in the act!

That is a neat story. I once had a college soccer player who was on a flight with me and my daughter was young and doing very poorly. He gave her a doll he had in his bag when he saw she was sad. He alos offered to help my wife put things away when we were loading the overhead bags. I noted the number, googled his team (some small school I had not heard of) and emailed his coach. A lot of the kids are quality individuals, but other than Tebow, none of it gets much press.

I've got a little to share here.

For the last few years I've been going to Denver Christmas Conference (Christian fellowship conference, I guess you could call it) with people from our school. Basically just a place to get closer to God and have great fellowship with other believers. Anyways, Chris Hruska, a good friend of mine who is part of the Nebraska Catalytic Campus Crusade for Christ Staff (basically his job is to be an evangelist and start Christian movements at campuses across the state) became really good friends with Prince and a few other Husker players early on in their time here (Roy Helu being one), and they bought into what he was saying and living and all became born again Christians. Prince has been at DCC the last few years and I've gotten to talk to him a fair bit each time and it's always so refreshing to hear how he is coming along in his walk with God. The guy has a great heart, and found direction from the Lord that he really needed because when he first got here he struggled quite a bit with a myriad of things.

Very proud to say that I know him.

That is a neat story. I once had a college soccer player who was on a flight with me and my daughter was young and doing very poorly. He gave her a doll he had in his bag when he saw she was sad. He alos offered to help my wife put things away when we were loading the overhead bags. I noted the number, googled his team (some small school I had not heard of) and emailed his coach. A lot of the kids are quality individuals, but other than Tebow, none of it gets much press.

Neat story, JH. Thanks for giving us another reminder that small gestures can bring great impressions.

as long as he is making news in a good way

wait, i thought only tim tebow did nice things for others

good for prince thumbsup.gif

Wrong. Tebow would have waited until at least 3 media outlets were watching before he would do something like this. Prince did it without anyone knowing who he was.

Let the mud-slinging begin!

Actually, Tebow would've waited for Kirk Herbstreit and ESPN, paid for her groceries, given her a ride home, and then circumsized her kids...!!

yeah very nice young man you just dont see that to much anymore for kids!

You can see it a lot if you look for it. Kids to great things all the time, but the newspapers only write articles on the kids committing crimes.

There are just as many self centered adults (aged 25-50) as there are self centered kids (5-24). I've seen many cases around town (Omaha) where a couple high schoolers help people in need while adults walk by the situation with a "what the hell are you kids doing?" look.

Good job Prince!!!!