Nebraska vs. LSU in 2011?

FLU

A rumor that's been circulating down here in Baton Rouge is that LSU is trying to schedule a strong non-conference opponent to open the 2011 season. According to what I've heard, many LSU execs are pushing for Nebraska, since the Tigers have never beaten the Huskers and they feel that 2011 would be the year to do it. The game would be played at a neutral NFL site, most likely Dallas. Oregon is also a strong possibility to be LSU's opponent.

A rumor that's been circulating down here in Baton Rouge is that LSU is trying to schedule a strong non-conference opponent to open the 2011 season. According to what I've heard, many LSU execs are pushing for Nebraska, since the Tigers have never beaten the Huskers and they feel that 2011 would be the year to do it. The game would be played at a neutral NFL site, most likely Dallas. Oregon is also a strong possibility to be LSU's opponent.

It depends if the Big Ten wants to play 8 or 9 conference games? If it's 8, then it'd be possible to schedule LSU in 2011. As of now we already have 3 OOC opponents scheduled in 2011. However, if the Big Ten decides they're going to play 9 conference games, then the LSU game isn't possible.

DALLAS!!?? damn we leave the Big 12, and we would still have to go to fricken texas. :facepalm:

Yes but it would be a true neutral field. Well not really, as Baton Rouge is a lot closer to Dallas than Lincoln/Omaha ... but hey it's still a very easy drive.

it's still in frickin texas. i'd just rather go to baton rouge.