Alrite I know there are a ton of threads already dedicated to NCAA 11, but I didn't see any that were set up solely to discuss what everyone thinks of the game.

After playing a couple games, here are my initial thoughts:

1) People are right, it is much easier to run this year than pass. This suits me fine, as DONU has no shortage of quality running backs. Did anyone notice that Burkhead has a higher speed rating than Helu? One of those things you can miss if you're not careful. Passing works ok, it's not so hard to find open receivers, it's just I've found trying to hit crossing routes over the middle suck. I have not yet hit Niles on a deep post. Dude catches the ball one moment and drops it the next just as fast.

2) So far, after two games, the QB I will be using is Martinez. Now to be fair, I ruled Lee out from the get go, as he just isn't sexy enough a quarterback and I'd rather progress my other two. Another interesting stat is that Tay Mart has the highest accuracy of all our QB's, as well as the highest speed (not by much), and I would assume the highest acceleration. That is just a guess, as if EA watched Zac Lee take off scrambling out of the pocket last year, that's going to be one TOUGH CALL. :LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar

3) Defense is much slower than last year, but everything else is too. I find defense is not too bad against human opponents if you mix it up and confuse the opponent. Predictability is not a good thing. The dude I played played as Miami and kept trying to do two things on O: Throw deep bombs to his outside receivers and run counters with Graig Cooper. Stupid plan, and he earned three points accordingly. It was almost more, but we force a Harris fumble near the goal line. That brings me to my next point...

4) On D, don't get cocky and try to hit stick everything. I remember when Madden first developed the hit stick, 2005, what a glorious game that was. Since it was a new addition, it worked if you were even remotely close to the guy. Gosh, I just loved breaking guys back by dump-trucking them with Ray Lewis. However, in NCAA, hit sticks are usually a bust. They're so easy to juke/spin around, and even if you do make contact, with a linebacker no less, you usually just bounce off.

I'm interested to see what you guys think and what else gets shared.

Zone defense is now worthless, while man is almost impossible to play against. I've watched many replays and it seems as if the CB's know your receiver routs better than the receiver, often cutting to follow a rout before the receiver has even hinted at changing direction. Usually when I run slants I see the Defender actually LEADING the receiver, I just want to make the receiver cut back and change direction so bad because he would be WIDE open. There are also a lot of tipped balls in this game especially from the LB's, some so unrealistic they make me cringe.

Overall I'm satisfied with this game, it's the best NCAA in a while, but after a friend of mine introduced me to NFL2k5 over the summer it's so disappointing to see such unrealistic play 7 years later...

Finally got it downloaded today.

Game plays super slow

Running it super easy off tackle while pulling guards ETC

D-Line is worthless to a T

Don't like how the camera feels in anything, pretty worthless if you ask me. ESPECIALLY while taking the QB to the edge.

Like you mentioned, Zone defense is worthless now, the middle pass is open no matter what you do.

Punt return blocking is impossible most of the time.

Thank god the recruiting is better.

I seem to fumble a ton, especially at times it doesn't make sense, like while Im running behind my own blocker.

In CPU play, the CPU still puts together absolutely unbelievable drives. I played vs WESTERN KENTUCKY, yeah 16 play drive for like 89 yards. Super un-legit. It was like my guys just froze. Pretty upsetting when you called a great game.

I would have to say this is the worst game since the very first NCAA on the xbox 360. Yes, online play is better and more even, but it is only a matter of time before the glitchers find the loups.

Here is a list of problems I have with the game.

1. Passing is too favorable to the CPU. When you drop back to pass, whether or not you get the pass off, the computer gets a shot on the QB, most of which are clearly late hits. Conversely, when you are rushing the opposing QB, they have all day even on a blitz. Corner blitzes have a pretty high success rate, but LBs might as well whistle dixie. Pierre Allen is worthless playing RE.

2. The new recruiting system blows. The game now randomly generates topics instead of allowing you to pitch your school's strengths. The issue is you get three subjects per call, so if you land on three weaknesses, too bad. It's no more realistic than the previous system, but a lot more annoying as now there seems to be almost no reason to recruit yourself.

3. I don't know why EA hasn't increased the roster to 85 already. If the company wants to pride itself on realism, this is one of the stupidly obvious corrections to make. You can still build a juggernaut team, but you can't afford to overstock positions of particular interest, therefore taking some creativity out of the game. I like depth on the lines, quality depth. Each season I have to make hard cuts when I have 11 5-stars and not enough room for them.

4. Like so-called 'casual fans', EA apparently has no interest in half of the game––defense. It's been the same plays and the same playbook forever. As a Nebraska fan, it's an insult to think that Pelini is running the same defense as Missouri.

5. Dynasty is still the same old grind. Oh it's entertaining enough, but it's no more or less so than last year's game, or the year before, or the year before. Your coaching prowess nets you little. One season is enough to secure your place as coach until the ending of the world, and keeping your job is your only tangible motivation for winning. I'm still waiting for a more immersive role playing aspect. It would be simple enough by adding a budget and incorporating the hiring of assistant coaches/recruiters/stadium upgrades into the game.

6. Too much effort and money is being thrown into online play or features few people use. EA has the stink of a company that thinks they've already created the perfect game and now need to move on to new pastures. This would be wrong. There is vast room for improvement both in the on-field and off-field games. I would prefer that for 12 EA did nothing with the online features and spent the entire year upgrading the core of the product.

Things I like.

1. The new blocking schemes are a major improvement. It now pays to be patient and look for holes instead of streaking for the corner with your fastest player and winning an auto-heisman.

2. Pre-game stuff and the ESPN tie-ins add a nice flavor to the product.

3. Menus are all slicker. Auto-save is a nice feature, especially since it's optional. EA made a clear effort to streamline the presentation of info.

Overall impressions:

Average release this year at best. On-field my first impression is that this may be the most challenging and therefore realistic version, but as far as earth-shattering improvements, there are none. No matter what I end up playing the sh#t out of NCAA every year, but it's the only game in town. If CFB had three companies releasing competitive titles every year, EA would have to kick it into high gear instead of being the Constant Tweaker. Apple should buy EA Sports and teach them how to dream instead of mildly mutate.

Here is a list of problems I have with the game.

1. Passing is too favorable to the CPU. When you drop back to pass, whether or not you get the pass off, the computer gets a shot on the QB, most of which are clearly late hits. Conversely, when you are rushing the opposing QB, they have all day even on a blitz. Corner blitzes have a pretty high success rate, but LBs might as well whistle dixie. Pierre Allen is worthless playing RE.

2. The new recruiting system blows. The game now randomly generates topics instead of allowing you to pitch your school's strengths. The issue is you get three subjects per call, so if you land on three weaknesses, too bad. It's no more realistic than the previous system, but a lot more annoying as now there seems to be almost no reason to recruit yourself.

3. I don't know why EA hasn't increased the roster to 85 already. If the company wants to pride itself on realism, this is one of the stupidly obvious corrections to make. You can still build a juggernaut team, but you can't afford to overstock positions of particular interest, therefore taking some creativity out of the game. I like depth on the lines, quality depth. Each season I have to make hard cuts when I have 11 5-stars and not enough room for them.

4. Like so-called 'casual fans', EA apparently has no interest in half of the game––defense. It's been the same plays and the same playbook forever. As a Nebraska fan, it's an insult to think that Pelini is running the same defense as Missouri.

5. Dynasty is still the same old grind. Oh it's entertaining enough, but it's no more or less so than last year's game, or the year before, or the year before. Your coaching prowess nets you little. One season is enough to secure your place as coach until the ending of the world, and keeping your job is your only tangible motivation for winning. I'm still waiting for a more immersive role playing aspect. It would be simple enough by adding a budget and incorporating the hiring of assistant coaches/recruiters/stadium upgrades into the game.

6. Too much effort and money is being thrown into online play or features few people use. EA has the stink of a company that thinks they've already created the perfect game and now need to move on to new pastures. This would be wrong. There is vast room for improvement both in the on-field and off-field games. I would prefer that for 12 EA did nothing with the online features and spent the entire year upgrading the core of the product.

Things I like.

1. The new blocking schemes are a major improvement. It now pays to be patient and look for holes instead of streaking for the corner with your fastest player and winning an auto-heisman.

2. Pre-game stuff and the ESPN tie-ins add a nice flavor to the product.

3. Menus are all slicker. Auto-save is a nice feature, especially since it's optional. EA made a clear effort to streamline the presentation of info.

Overall impressions:

Average release this year at best. On-field my first impression is that this may be the most challenging and therefore realistic version, but as far as earth-shattering improvements, there are none. No matter what I end up playing the sh#t out of NCAA every year, but it's the only game in town. If CFB had three companies releasing competitive titles every year, EA would have to kick it into high gear instead of being the Constant Tweaker. Apple should buy EA Sports and teach them how to dream instead of mildly mutate.

Ha... the Apple bit made me smile. Only, between a disappointing iPad and the new iPhone ticking people off, Apple seems to be p*ssing away some of their credibility, likely in a tribute to the way Mel Gibson lives his life. (or Jamarcus Russell, or Terrell Owens. You get it... basically insert your favorite f*ck up)

Ha... the Apple bit made me smile. Only, between a disappointing iPad and the new iPhone ticking people off, Apple seems to be p*ssing away some of their credibility, likely in a tribute to the way Mel Gibson lives his life. (or Jamarcus Russell, or Terrell Owens. You get it... basically insert your favorite f*ck up)

It'll take more than one faulty product that was quickly fixed to undermine a company like Apple. As for the Ipad, I have no interest in them either. I'd just as soon have a laptop with a functional keyboard. Anyway, with respect to daring, EA could learn a thing or two.

This is what really bugged me about the game. I love this game and its really addicting but I barely beat Idaho last night because of this. It didn't matter if I was blitzing or playing in the Dime or Nickel I still couldn't stop their passing attack several times. There were a lot of times that Prince was getting beat deep. I know Prince isn't God or anything but there is no way that he should be getting beat majority of the time.

Most of the time I had to scramble to get passes off without getting hit after throwing the ball or getting sacked. It seems that the CPU always has the upperhand at getting to the you than rather than you getting to them. Hell I had an all out blitz and the QB still had time to get a pass off which was very frustrating. Never fails but I usually throw 2 INTs a game against teams like WKU and Idaho since changing the difficulty to All-American where my DB's haven't had a whole lot especially the way Idaho was airing it out on me. I'll go home and tweek the settings a little bit because it seems the game favors the CPU or maybe EA Sports hates Nebraska now that they have ESPN envolved in their game :sarcasm

I agree. Even though I really like the recruiting system in this years game this is one draw back that'll hurt you while going for those top players. There have been numerous times where I've went to go talk to a recruit and twice it will land on a topic that we talked about the previous week.

This is what really bugged me about the game. I love this game and its really addicting but I barely beat Idaho last night because of this. It didn't matter if I was blitzing or playing in the Dime or Nickel I still couldn't stop their passing attack several times. There were a lot of times that Prince was getting beat deep. I know Prince isn't God or anything but there is no way that he should be getting beat majority of the time.

Most of the time I had to scramble to get passes off without getting hit after throwing the ball or getting sacked. It seems that the CPU always has the upperhand at getting to the you than rather than you getting to them. Hell I had an all out blitz and the QB still had time to get a pass off which was very frustrating. Never fails but I usually throw 2 INTs a game against teams like WKU and Idaho since changing the difficulty to All-American where my DB's haven't had a whole lot especially the way Idaho was airing it out on me. I'll go home and tweek the settings a little bit because it seems the game favors the CPU or maybe EA Sports hates Nebraska now that they have ESPN envolved in their game :sarcasm

I agree. Even though I really like the recruiting system in this years game this is one draw back that'll hurt you while going for those top players. There have been numerous times where I've went to go talk to a recruit and twice it will land on a topic that we talked about the previous week.

I have a hint for you guys when someone heaves a long ball and you're afraid of getting beat deep. Take control of the corner or safety, whatever it may be, and sprint with him to put yourself in a good position to make a play, between the ball and the receiver. Then click off of the defender onto someone else and allow the AI to make the play.

The key is to put the player in a good spot so he can make the play, and then letting the computer do so for you. I've found more often than not, when I try to go for a user controlled pick, I just whiff, there's nobody behind the receiver, and he's got a cakewalk to the endzone.

It really irks me the fact that Nebraska is only rated a B+ in academic prestige on this game. They should be an A+ easily considering the amount of academic all-americans we've had. This is costing me recruits on my online dynasty!

I agree but going to the Big 10 should bump our grade up to a A or even an A+

It really irks me the fact that Nebraska is only rated a B+ in academic prestige on this game. They should be an A+ easily considering the amount of academic all-americans we've had. This is costing me recruits on my online dynasty!

Think that's bad? In my second year of my dynasty it dropped to a goddamn B

Not the sweep but the option from shotgun is giving me fits because when the qb has it the cpu all goes to the qb instead of the mlb staying locked onto the rb like he should. Also the hot route of sending the rb to the flats is killing me too because its money for like 4 or 5 yards at least everytime.