Just finished my first season going 14-0. Big XII Championship game was #1 Oklahoma vs #2 Nebraska....Lee played like garbage all day, to the tune of something like 13-29 with 4 picks. Score was 10-3 Oklahoma with 2:33 left in the 4th quarter and I had the ball 4th and 1. Called a HB blast or something, saw that there was no safety help and they were playing bump coverage, so I audibled and went over the top to Brandon Kinnie for 41 yards. Next play, Lee redeems himself by stepping up in the pocket, seeing nothing open, tucking it down and running 28 yards, barreling into the endzone to tie the game.

They get the ball back and I get a 3 and out. 3rd and 1 with 26 seconds left from their 41 yard line. Once again, no safety help so I audible out and send Niles Paul streaking downfield and throw it up to him. He's got his defender beat and dives (I mean, legitimate full body extension here) into the endzone to make the catch and put me up a score. Amazing game.

I have never have a successful diving catch in this game. I miss 09, when you could be 3rd and goal throw it up to the back of the endzone and the reciever would come down with it in a one handed catch.

I think I have had a few.

My biggest problem is that the corners always seem to be faster than my receivers, even if I'm playing a lowly WAC or Sun Belt team. It's not very often that the deep ball works for me.

Give EA a little to make some patches/updates and this will be one of the best football games (if not the best football game) of all time. It has that potential.

I don't think so, Locomotion isn't a real physics engine. Until Ea implements a quality physics engine they will continue to disappoint every year, and seeing as they're showing no signs of making such a move they will probably ride this locomotion crap for the next 2 or 3 years before something exciting happens again. Gotta love monopolies.

Give EA a little to make some patches/updates and this will be one of the best football games (if not the best football game) of all time. It has that potential.

I don't think so, Locomotion isn't a real physics engine. Until Ea implements a quality physics engine they will continue to disappoint every year, and seeing as they're showing no signs of making such a move they will probably ride this locomotion crap for the next 2 or 3 years before something exciting happens again. Gotta love monopolies.

"

I agree completely. This is easily in the top worst games of NCAA football ever. the locomotion physics are a joke and just about everything else about this game is horrible. I think we should seriously organize and get a petition for open competition on the college football video game industry front. It is time to stop this stupid bs- at this point- they are just collecting a pay check and we can't do anything about it.

"

I agree completely. This is easily in the top worst games of NCAA football ever. the locomotion physics are a joke and just about everything else about this game is horrible. I think we should seriously organize and get a petition for open competition on the college football video game industry front. It is time to stop this stupid bs- at this point- they are just collecting a pay check and we can't do anything about it.

Sorry, but I disagree. For the most part, it is a step in the right direction. If you prefer the old engine and it's non-realistic concepts, then by all means, return to it. But, with the exception of the passing game issues, the locomotion is much better than anything EA has put out so far.

It's clearly not perfect, nor should it stay entirely how it is. But, it is a step in the right direction. It can be improved upon, and there are many video game experts that have been praising it's innovations, more-so than the ones degrading it.

There are other companies that could probably do a much better job. But, as you pointed out, they don't have the rights to it, so no alternatives exist right now.

I would love more than anything to have a better gaming company pick it up, but as I said, that's not going to happen at this time. For EA and the game, this was a step in the right direction.

@ huskerjock what in the hell happend to them!? Im also playing a dynasty and Zac Lee was injured in the second game and has been out for almost 7 weeks. But Roy helu and Rex Burkhead are my 2 go to players on offense, with Helu being the front runner for the heisman trophy!

I can't remember off hand what their injuries were but all I know is that both Helu and Crick are out for the season and I'm stuck with Rex and Robinson. I just hope that this game has medical redshirts for situations like this one. I played last night and Rex was tearing it up against Washington and then in the second quarter he goes down and hes done for the game. Injuries in this game happen to often and majority of the time its just minor stuff but I got hit hard the first game with Helu and Crick. I ended up turning injuries off just because it seems like every game I lose 3-4 players with minor injuries and 1 for a major injury and he'll be out for the game or a few weeks.

Yeah I just lost to Okie State in the last seconds on another hailmary !

It's rigged. Computer cheats.

Is it just me or does the AI intercept almost everything you throw? I've had Dennard, Fisher, Compton, Prince, Gomes all most pick off the QB's passes that were literly in their freakin hands.

I would agree with you on that, the computer will literally screw you. I was playing against Washington last night and I forgot to pick Alabama's offense because of their wildcat and their other running formations but instead I'm stuck with Nebraskas playbook :facepalm: but I decide to stick it out....bad idea.

First play for Washington Locker does a playaction and Moore sacks him but Locker loses the football and Steinkuhler picks it up and takes it 12-15 yards for a TD. I'm off to a great start until I get to offense. I'm running all over them with Rex so then I decide to switch it up and throw the ball and I connected to Niles Paul for a 32 yard TD, 14-0. Washingtons next position the literally drive it down my throat and I can't do anything on defense to stop them not even blitzs were helping me. They ended up getting a field goal, 14-3. The score stays like that going into halftime because my running game went downhill and Lee threw 2 picks. Needless to say Washington ran all over me in the 2nd half to beat me 19-14 because Lee throws another pick so I bench him and Green throws a pick too and my running game wasn't working after Rex got injuried and was out for the game.

I quit the game and I was fuming because A) I didn't have Alabamas playbook to start with and B.) They litterly came back on my ass and I couldn't do a thing about it.

Needless to say I picked Alabama's offense and replayed the game and kicked the s*** out of Washington 41-10 and Rex racked up 250+ yards rushing with 4 TD's, 3 rushing TD's and 1 reception TD and Robinson had 150+ rushing with 1 TD. Meredith had 3 sacks (2 of them came from me), May had a sack that I caused, Prince had a INT as well as Fisher.

Yeah I just lost to Okie State in the last seconds on another hailmary !

It's rigged. Computer cheats.

Is it just me or does the AI intercept almost everything you throw? I've had Dennard, Fisher, Compton, Prince, Gomes all most pick off the QB's passes that were literly in their freakin hands.

I would agree with you on that, the computer will literally screw you. I was playing against Washington last night and I forgot to pick Alabama's offense because of their wildcat and their other running formations but instead I'm stuck with Nebraskas playbook :facepalm: but I decide to stick it out....bad idea.

First play for Washington Locker does a playaction and Moore sacks him but Locker loses the football and Steinkuhler picks it up and takes it 12-15 yards for a TD. I'm off to a great start until I get to offense. I'm running all over them with Rex so then I decide to switch it up and throw the ball and I connected to Niles Paul for a 32 yard TD, 14-0. Washingtons next position the literally drive it down my throat and I can't do anything on defense to stop them not even blitzs were helping me. They ended up getting a field goal, 14-3. The score stays like that going into halftime because my running game went downhill and Lee threw 2 picks. Needless to say Washington ran all over me in the 2nd half to beat me 19-14 because Lee throws another pick so I bench him and Green throws a pick too and my running game wasn't working after Rex got injuried and was out for the game.

I quit the game and I was fuming because A) I didn't have Alabamas playbook to start with and B.) They litterly came back on my ass and I couldn't do a thing about it.

Needless to say I picked Alabama's offense and replayed the game and kicked the s*** out of Washington 41-10 and Rex racked up 250+ yards rushing with 4 TD's, 3 rushing TD's and 1 reception TD and Robinson had 150+ rushing with 1 TD. Meredith had 3 sacks (2 of them came from me), May had a sack that I caused, Prince had a INT as well as Fisher.

I expect them to release some new updates in the coming weeks. I've seen a lot of people complaining about the game is going, even on some purely gaming forums.

I expect them to release some new updates in the coming weeks. I've seen a lot of people complaining about the game is going, even on some purely gaming forums.

I hope they get some updates out here within the next 2 weeks or so but this game is so sick and addicting....kinda glad that my wife has to work at 6 tonight so I can eat some ice cream and drink some Coors Light while playing this game :lol:

There are a few errors on this game but nothing to keep me away from playing it. I said that I'd post some pictures yesterday but didn't have time since my In-laws didn't leave my house till 9:45 last night. I'm gonna turn up my interception tonight a little bit because its still at 50 and there is no reason some of my players can't catch the ball when its just them and the ball and nobody within 5-10 yards from them. Seems like Prince is the only one that can catch a freakin pass.

"

Sorry, but I disagree. For the most part, it is a step in the right direction. If you prefer the old engine and it's non-realistic concepts, then by all means, return to it. But, with the exception of the passing game issues, the locomotion is much better than anything EA has put out so far.

It's clearly not perfect, nor should it stay entirely how it is. But, it is a step in the right direction. It can be improved upon, and there are many video game experts that have been praising it's innovations, more-so than the ones degrading it.

There are other companies that could probably do a much better job. But, as you pointed out, they don't have the rights to it, so no alternatives exist right now.

I would love more than anything to have a better gaming company pick it up, but as I said, that's not going to happen at this time. For EA and the game, this was a step in the right direction.

Sorry but I disagree, The locomotion system just makes tackling too difficult, that is, if you can even get your best defensive player off a block from the suddenly all-american offensive lineman from Western Kentucky. and sorry to tell you, it is not just the passing game that is broken with this game.

I also find it funny how they keep the "New" title on almost everything in this game. DYNASTY MODE "NEW" EXHIBITION GAME "NEW" ROFL gimme a break!! they want to pat themselves on the back for something that has been in the game forever. I also enjoy how they think they are speeding up the load times by just all around freezing menus, I am sorry but I would rather just have a loading symbol than sit there for 5 seconds wondering if it is frozen.

How do you taunt will running the ball with nobody around you about ready to score a TD? I've seen videos of players doing this and most of the time the player is pointing at the fans as he's running at the endzone. I thought that it would be the high step on the right joy stick for the PS3 but it never works. I've checked the manual and didn't find anything.

"

Sorry but I disagree, The locomotion system just makes tackling too difficult, that is, if you can even get your best defensive player off a block from the suddenly all-american offensive lineman from Western Kentucky. and sorry to tell you, it is not just the passing game that is broken with this game.

I also find it funny how they keep the "New" title on almost everything in this game. DYNASTY MODE "NEW" EXHIBITION GAME "NEW" ROFL gimme a break!! they want to pat themselves on the back for something that has been in the game forever. I also enjoy how they think they are speeding up the load times by just all around freezing menus, I am sorry but I would rather just have a loading symbol than sit there for 5 seconds wondering if it is frozen.

As far as your first paragraph, the concept of locomotion itself is solid. In previous games, as soon as your running back got the ball he was at full speed. In real life, things just don't work like that.

Also, I must stress plenty of problems still exist with this game, more-so than the passing. For example, the option game is hit or miss and completely atrocious. But, as far as conceptual ideas go, locomotion is very good. It's implementation isn't something to brag about, however.

As far as your second paragraph, I agree. EA likes to pretend that they are being radical by changing the layout of something. When, in reality, it's the exact same thing.

Okay I've already mentioned this before, but I think it needs restating. I HATE the new recruiting system. The first year I attempted to use it, I got around the 89th best recruiting class in the country. The next year I let the CPU mostly take over, though I did diddle with some of my top prospects, and got the 4th best class. Now I've won the NC two years running (the second year by a hair), but I have a hard time swaying several of my top prospects not to go to that toilet of a program called Texas. If you really won the MNC game twice in a row, and were expected to make a third run, you wouldn't be recruiting as much as selecting which players you wanted and kicking the rest of the five-stars to the curb.

Anyway, last year's game I pulled in anywhere from 8-13 5*s per seasons, after I got the program built up a ways. This year it doesn't seem that it matters how much time you put into a recruit; if he's got his mind set somewhere else, you might as well piss off or hope he's meter is high and you get a visit before the other team.