"Finish" bracelets

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

Absolutely not. How can you be so quick to tell us what is on the players' minds? As much is it hurts us, we can't even begin to imagine how much is must suck for the players. Not just Texas. Virginia Tech, ISU. The :01 was a sickly ironic culmination of everything wrong with last year's season. You have to look a step further than the obvious. If it was intended for Texas only it would be burnt orange with a longhorn on saying "beat Texas 00:01."

Of all the things that pissed off our players and give them motivation, don't you think that one thing is probably at the top of the list? It symbolizes everything, not just wanted to get back at Texas.

just as lovemaking is a game of inches, football is a game of seconds, and i guess inches as well.

"Finish :01" is motivation to the 2010 Cornhuskers, that "Unfinished Business 1:16" gave to the 1994 Cornhuskers. Unfinished Business played a major role in them going undefeated and making it back to the Orange Bowl once again. This year, it brings it all back to Texas, but it goes way beyond that. It is about finishing what they started. Texas shouldn't have had the opportunity of getting to 1 second. It's about not getting the illegal kick on the kickoff, it's about sacking the QB as time runs out rather than allowing him to be able to throw the ball out of bounds. :01 is a constant Reminder that a game doesn't just go for 59:59. :01 can change everything.

It's about getting it right.

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

Absolutely not. How can you be so quick to tell us what is on the players' minds? As much is it hurts us, we can't even begin to imagine how much is must suck for the players. Not just Texas. Virginia Tech, ISU. The :01 was a sickly ironic culmination of everything wrong with last year's season. You have to look a step further than the obvious. If it was intended for Texas only it would be burnt orange with a longhorn on saying "beat Texas 00:01."

Of all the things that pissed off our players and give them motivation, don't you think that one thing is probably at the top of the list? It symbolizes everything, not just wanted to get back at Texas.

just as lovemaking is a game of inches, football is a game of seconds, and i guess inches as well.

Good speech, but ya need the right video.

Good speech, but ya need the right video.

That is the worst freakin football movie ever made.

"Finish :01" is motivation to the 2010 Cornhuskers, that "Unfinished Business 1:16" gave to the 1994 Cornhuskers. Unfinished Business played a major role in them going undefeated and making it back to the Orange Bowl once again. This year, it brings it all back to Texas, but it goes way beyond that. It is about finishing what they started. Texas shouldn't have had the opportunity of getting to 1 second. It's about not getting the illegal kick on the kickoff, it's about sacking the QB as time runs out rather than allowing him to be able to throw the ball out of bounds. :01 is a constant Reminder that a game doesn't just go for 59:59. :01 can change everything.

It's about getting it right.

Well said man, well said. A bit more execution and NU was playing in a BCS Bowl last season.

"Finish" to me and probably to the football team as well means that "If we had 'Finished' every game last year, we would have only lost 1 game to TTU." So its not just about Texas, its about losing by a close margin in several games last year that should have been wins if the team had just "Finished" the game.

"Finish" to me and probably to the football team as well means that "If we had 'Finished' every game last year, we would have only lost 1 game to TTU." So its not just about Texas, its about losing by a close margin in several games last year that should have been wins if the team had just "Finished" the game.

Have a decent offense and even the TTU game might have been a win.

You remember the story about the two teams playing football? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first team says, "Well, we best go to the mission and pray," and the second team says "Well, we're gonNa finish the game." we shall finish the game, Bo. ~YoungGunsII

Do they really need braclets as reminder of last season???? To me that is something that would stick in my mind in every drill, weight room activity, conditioning drill and i would use it as fuel to be better this season. :dunno

it is also a solidarity thing if everyone on offense has it. also, you can never have too much motivation, or too many bracelets.

Yes you can.

54554.bmp