Changes you're hoping for/looking forward too

Let's hear some things that you're looking for this year. Or some changes.

I'm looking forward to running the ball better. According to Bo this will be the best O-line under his regime and that should improve the running game and take some pressure off Zac.

The other thing I'm really excited for is more blitzing and outside pass rush. Allen and Meredith should be in the backfield a lot. And I can't wait to see the coaches bust out that corner blitz that we used early last season again.

:koolaid2:

I'm looking forward to the offense as a whole being healthy and also getting into a rythm early in games. Too often we started late last year.(probly due to injuries)

I'm also looking forward to see how the youth has progressed on the D line with Merideth and Ankrah; at LB with Compton, Fisher and Martin and at DB with Smith and Cassidy.

EDIT: Also the young recievers McKinnie and Cooper

Edited by n.e.husker

Im hoping for our offense to be consistently good. Im not expecting or wanting 500 yards of offense and 50 pts. But I want us to be able to go down the field and score without any help from the defense/special teams. If offense can manage that we should have no problem winning games. Our defense and special teams shouldnt have to win us every single game, but it doesnt hurt. Im really hoping that we develop our offense to more what alabama runs. Prob wont happen, but theirs always hope.

Im also curious to see how our team reacts now that their consistently in the spotlight. We our highest preseason rank since atleast '07 and we all know how that turned out. I do believe we have the right coaching staff in place and are getting the right players to fit our system.

I'm hoping for strong OL play where if we so desire we can just line up and play some smash mouth football. We have the RB's to do it. We just need some strong push by the OL. The other thing I'm hoping for is some good/great LB play. Dillard played very well last year, but he was really the only LB that seemed to even show much of a pulse. If we get good/great LB play this year, then we'll very likely have as good if not better D than last year.

I'm hoping for, and a have a feeling we will see, a much improved offense. Not to the tune of 450+ yards per game or 35+ ppg, but I believe the offense will turn out to be, at the very least, consistent (especially in regards to penalties).

This. Seems like even when our offense was performing "well" they shot themselves in the foot with a sensless penalty, and instead of a touchdown we had to settle for a field goal (i.e. the 3rd quarter of the VaTech game :facepalm: )

Also can't wait to see a healthy Helu and Burkhead, hopefully with his old school ankle tap job again, tear it up.