Florida recruits v texas recruits

OK so read new rivals article and of course it talked about the b10s lack of recruiting in Texas, but it also mentioned that Florida was a major pipeline 4 the conference. They talked about how the years go by Nebraska might have more difficulty recruiting in Texas but still will a stronger foundation then most b10 schools. This article did get me thinking though on our more heavy push Florida talent, and although this is mostly to our sudden resurgence as a national competitor, maybe the fact that we r joining the big 10 we could get stronger footing in Florida (which IV always dreamed of). Anyways I got to thinking which state would we rather have stronger ties to: the super speed and raw athleticism of Florida or the the ultimate football spartanized players molded by the football obsessed Texas? We still would carry recruiting ties with which ever other state, but I wad just wondering which place would b better to put stronger emphasis into? If we get to the level of being contenders of which ever states elite prospects, which one would b better for us to pursue more?

Ive said this in another thread, we recruit nationally.

I think we may lose out on a few kids from texas due to the fat that they wont be able to play in their home state infront of family and friends. However, i think the ties/relationships we have built in texas are very strong and will remain that way with this staff and we continue to win. The big 10 network will be a big advantage for us too.

We have already broken into florida and the southern states, and I see that progressing with each year.

We are also doing very well on the west coast, namely california. We have built strong ties in major states and wil stay that way.

The winning will bring top recruits from all over.

The winning will bring top recruits from all over.

This is the key. And we are beginning to see it already.

Being able to effectively recruit nationally recuires both exposure and winning. (especially for NU) Will a 6-6 season (I'm sure we'll have one eventually) negatively impact us more now than it would have in the Big12? We rebounded quick recently. In other words, does this force us to become even MORE dependent on our ability to recruit nationally? (plz put your :koolaid2: down before answering)

OK so read new rivals article and of course it talked about the b10s lack of recruiting in Texas, but it also mentioned that Florida was a major pipeline 4 the conference. They talked about how the years go by Nebraska might have more difficulty recruiting in Texas but still will a stronger foundation then most b10 schools. This article did get me thinking though on our more heavy push Florida talent, and although this is mostly to our sudden resurgence as a national competitor, maybe the fact that we r joining the big 10 we could get stronger footing in Florida (which IV always dreamed of). Anyways I got to thinking which state would we rather have stronger ties to: the super speed and raw athleticism of Florida or the the ultimate football spartanized players molded by the football obsessed Texas? We still would carry recruiting ties with which ever other state, but I wad just wondering which place would b better to put stronger emphasis into? If we get to the level of being contenders of which ever states elite prospects, which one would b better for us to pursue more?

I was watching an ESPN 7 on 7 tourney the other night and it was SE vs. SW for teams (essentially Florida v. Texas). Our very own Tevin Mitchell was playing corner for the SW team and had a few nice breakups... always good to see. Anyway, going to commercial, one of the announcers brought up a saying I'd never heard of... "The athletes come from Florida, but the football players come from Texas." At that point, Florida just went up by 16 over Texas, so it was kind of funny and backwards, but I could see how that'd make sense.

Is corncraze our own version of Tuff Tiger?

Took me 8 minutes to read the OP and I'm still confused.

God I hope not, sorry I write most my posts from phone so I get lazy sometimes and use abbreviations. Also its hard to indent on this phone.

By the way I understand that we will recruit nationally, and maybe I was a little too verbose with this post but the main reason was to ask the simple question "which state is better to have a pipeline with?" In other words, we still get prospects from both states, but which one deserves more emphasis?

If we had the ability to get the major prospects consistently from either state, which athletes would u favor more - Texans or Floridians?

You wrote this things from your phone?!? This would of taken me 26 years....damn you blackberry storm!!!

i say yes recruit nationally but between texas and florida.. we have put sooo much time and effort into the place it would really reflect bad on us to bail on the area.... and i think texas has been more better to us as a whole than florida....seems we have a lot more overall realationships ( i think we have regions where we do well) with coaches in texas than florida (where we just have scattered pockets.... though we are try to improve i know via camps and the like

i say yes recruit nationally but between texas and florida.. we have put sooo much time and effort into the place it would really reflect bad on us to bail on the area.... and i think texas has been more better to us as a whole than florida....seems we have a lot more overall realationships ( i think we have regions where we do well) with coaches in texas than florida (where we just have scattered pockets.... though we are try to improve i know via camps and the like

Finally someone answers my question haha. I would want more emphasis in Florida, just because of their speed, Bo can teach everything else. But Texas sure has been pretty good 4 us (recruiting wise...)