Longhorn's to Play Irish

bbeerma2

Mack Brown's comment is priceless....

"I love college football history and nobody has more historical programs than Texas and Notre Dame."

Storied program for sure...

I'm no fan of either, but are you disputing Brown's comments? Really?

Most wins: #2 Texas, #3 Notre Dame

Nat. Championships: Texas: 4, Notre Dame: 8

Maybe Brown engaged a a bit of hyperbole, but he's not far off the mark. Maybe you think he should have acknowledged Nebraska's greatness while discussing a Texas / Notre Dame series?

• Fire 1

"I love college football history and nobody has more historical programs than Texas and Notre Dame."

Maybe Brown engaged a a bit of hyperbole, but he's not far off the mark. Maybe you think he should have acknowledged Nebraska's greatness while discussing a Texas / Notre Dame series?

I am thinking the part of "nobody has more historical programs...." is the part w/ the problem; see also Bama, USC, Michigan, if you want to go w/ wins or championship talk.

• Fire 1

I think you could argue a team which did not win a National Championship until 1963 is not as historical as say, the Service Academies, nearly the entire Ivy League, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, USC and the list goes on and on. Although they have been playing and winning games since an early era, they were not very relevant until much later than most universities in the national picture. I'm not arguing they are one of the best of all time, but their contributions to the early stages of college football are not very profound.

I just love the fact he used "nobody", typical egocentrism out of Austin

• Fire 1

What the f#*k is your problem?

I'll dispute them. Texas for the most part played in a Texas conference aka SWC. The only outside team was Arkansas until they left(early on OU and OSU but didn't stay long). How much credibility can Texas have when most if not all their teams in conference were also in state? not much.

I know most people on here hate UT and ND, but I think this could actually be an alright series. I'm not a fan of either one, but I think Brian Kelly is a good coach who's going to turn that program around. I bleed Scarlet and Cream, but I also enjoy watching big time programs play against each other.

Most wins: #2 Texas, #3 Notre Dame....................What about #1 Michigan?

Nat. Championships: Texas: 4, Notre Dame: 8.............What about Alabama?

Aren't they somebody?

I'll dispute them. Texas for the most part played in a Texas conference aka SWC. The only outside team was Arkansas until they left(early on OU and OSU but didn't stay long). How much credibility can Texas have when most if not all their teams in conference were also in state? not much.

Also lets forget that in 1969 Texas was presented the national title by Nixon before they even played Notre Dame in their bowl game and had a 35 year title-less drought that wasn't broken until 2005, while Notre Dame has only won 3 titles since the early 60s (my opinion in which college football began its modern era)...

Just for what its worth haha

I honestly see USC, bama, ou and us all above them

Most wins: #2 Texas, #3 Notre Dame....................What about #1 Michigan?

Nat. Championships: Texas: 4, Notre Dame: 8.............What about Alabama?

Aren't they somebody?

Or us, ou or USC?