Coaches preseason poll - #9

People used to say the same thing about Nebraska. I fully believe Texas will have a typical Mack Brown season with 9-10 wins. However, I doubt they are a top 5 team. 2006 was Colt McCoy's first year starting who by the way ended up being the winningest QB in D1. In 2006, they finished the year 10-3 and were ranked 19th in the BCS prior to the bowl and 13th after the bowl. This is the type of season I expect them to have. 2003 was Vince Young's first year starting who many in Texas regard as a God. In 2003, they finished the year 10-3 and were ranked 11th or 12th depending on which poll you choose. Again, I expect similar results in 2010 with Gilbert at the helm.

First time since 2002 since Nebraska has started the season in the preseason top 10.

Thank you players and Coaches for all of your hard work!

:throwdabones1::koolaid2:

I forgot what being highly ranked feels like. And let me tell ya, it feels great! :bonez Let's hope we are this high at the end of the season, but for now Im going to bask in the glory.

First time since 2002 since Nebraska has started the season in the preseason top 10.

Thank you players and Coaches for all of your hard work!

:throwdabones1::koolaid2:

........oh. I thought based off the thread title chase daniel had come out and openly admitted his booger's tasted better than southern chicken.

But yea its cool we back in the top ten.

Preseason coaches poll is out and we are #9.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5442120

See that this morning on the ESPN ticker at the gym. I think it's a little high considering our anemic offense last year but....we'll see.

I’m just glad to be debating whether we deserve a top ten preseason ranking. It sucked back when we were debating whether or not we deserved to be ranked at all. Or not even debating it.

Go Big Red! We're back baby!

I agree. I'm glad we're not debating if we can hack a winning season. We've come a LONG, LONG ways.

People used to say the same thing about Nebraska. I fully believe Texas will have a typical Mack Brown season with 9-10 wins. However, I doubt they are a top 5 team. 2006 was Colt McCoy's first year starting who by the way ended up being the winningest QB in D1. In 2006, they finished the year 10-3 and were ranked 19th in the BCS prior to the bowl and 13th after the bowl. This is the type of season I expect them to have. 2003 was Vince Young's first year starting who many in Texas regard as a God. In 2003, they finished the year 10-3 and were ranked 11th or 12th depending on which poll you choose. Again, I expect similar results in 2010 with Gilbert at the helm.

True, however, we must take into account that Colt was injured the last two games of the season. Before that we were 9-1 or something like that. And that one lost had come to the number one team in the nation in the second week of the season.

Also, in 2003 we had a much different staff. During that time, out teams had a reputation of being soft if you hit them in the mouth. We lost two games we had no business losing because of that. With Muschamp here, I don't expect we'll lost to teams like Arkansas, and Washington State this year. I only see three potential losses on our schedule. OU, Nebraska, and A&M. I don't expect us to lose all three of those.