Big 10 Network

Unless something is changing, every game will not be on national TV in any meaningful sense. All games are on Big 10 Network, but often multiple games are on at once, so someone with the basic cable version of BTN will only see one of those, unless they pay extra to see the other. Example, this Sept. 2, Marshall-OSU and Towson-Indiana are both on BTN at the same time.

So, will they have 2 different stations, or will you be able to chose which game you want?

There are spill over channels on both DirecTV and Dish Network. I've got DirecTV and during the 11am window, you could have up to 4 Big 10 Network games on different channels at the same time. Some cable companies carry the "spill over games", some do not.

Hey Huskers, Buckeye here. Welcome to the party. You guys are well respected and a great addition to the Big Ten. Just wanted to explain a little about the BTN. The Big Ten has contracts with ABC/ESPN and then of course the BTN. ABC/ESPN get first pick of games. But never fear, There is no regionalization of Big Ten games. Lets saythe Huskers are only on in the normal husker viewing region and there is another game on ABC in the east, then the NU game will be on ESPN or ESPN2 by contract to everyone outside the region that Husker game is on. As far as the BTN, during non game days it is only one channel, but on Saturdays during the season they may have anywhere from 2-5 games on at the same time. What they have is like 5 BTN channels. For instance on Directv, the BTN is channel 610. But on game day they also have other channels like 620,621,622,623 etc. Each one would have a different Big Ten game on at the same time. Don't remember the exact auxiliary channels but thats how it works. So, if the Husker game is not on ABC/ESPN then it will be on the BTN. Every single Big Ten game is on TV. You will never need PPV again. Also on Directv and most cable companies the BTN is part of the basic package. I am sure Delany will be making this demand in Nebraska shortly. It really is awesome. I am an Ohio guy who moved to Maryland for work. It has been awesome. The BTN is absolutely great. You guys will love it. Again welcome to the party!

• Fire 2

Does anyone know how much it costs to order the Big 10 Network? Comcast doesn't offer it in any of their packages.

Comcast definitely has Big Ten Network on its sports package in non-Big Ten states; it also carries the spillover channels. I'm pretty sure the tier is only like $5-$10 extra per month.

Actually, if you have Comcast, they have a bunch of Nebraska-related programming on the Big Ten Network On Demand -- interviews with Tom Osborne, Barry Alvarez and Jim Delany on the expansion and so on.

There are no Big Ten home games on ESPNU or ESPN360. Only ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 and the Big Ten Network. Road non-conference games are a different story, of course.

Hey Huskers, Buckeye here. Welcome to the party. You guys are well respected and a great addition to the Big Ten. Just wanted to explain a little about the BTN. The Big Ten has contracts with ABC/ESPN and then of course the BTN. ABC/ESPN get first pick of games. But never fear, There is no regionalization of Big Ten games. Lets saythe Huskers are only on in the normal husker viewing region and there is another game on ABC in the east, then the NU game will be on ESPN or ESPN2 by contract to everyone outside the region that Husker game is on. As far as the BTN, during non game days it is only one channel, but on Saturdays during the season they may have anywhere from 2-5 games on at the same time. What they have is like 5 BTN channels. For instance on Directv, the BTN is channel 610. But on game day they also have other channels like 620,621,622,623 etc. Each one would have a different Big Ten game on at the same time. Don't remember the exact auxiliary channels but thats how it works. So, if the Husker game is not on ABC/ESPN then it will be on the BTN. Every single Big Ten game is on TV. You will never need PPV again. Also on Directv and most cable companies the BTN is part of the basic package. I am sure Delany will be making this demand in Nebraska shortly. It really is awesome. I am an Ohio guy who moved to Maryland for work. It has been awesome. The BTN is absolutely great. You guys will love it. Again welcome to the party!

Thanks for the information! Can't wait to get to the Big 10. And welcome to the board :cheers

Best post ever! :throwdabones1:

Let's hope so, cuz where I live, the cable packages blow hard

Thanks for the information! Can't wait to get to the Big 10. And welcome to the board :cheers

We are less than 2 months into this new marriage and it is going to be huge for NU longterm. Not only do we get to leave the UTurds behind but this will have a huge impact on NU in terms of recruiting and exposure for NU athletics. We live in a world of unintended consequences. I don't even know what that means but I think it applies to NU in this situation of joining the BIG 10.

2010 Big 10 Kickoff special on Big 10 Network right now and will be repeated at 6pm tonight. A conversation with TO will be a part of the hour long broadcast.

If you don't have BTN yet, I'm pretty sure this is the conversation with Osborne. (or even if you do have BTN and don't want to wait for the show!)

2010 Big 10 Kickoff special on Big 10 Network right now and will be repeated at 6pm tonight. A conversation with TO will be a part of the hour long broadcast.

I watched it. They kept showing highlights of Nebraska sports between segments saying the Big 10 welcomes Nebraska. I think that is very cool they are doing this.