What makes this year a success?

Before the start of each season I like to consider what milestones must be met to constitute a successful season. That year I thought we should: 1 Win every game we "should" win; 2 Win one game we were not expected to win; and 3 Make it to the Big 12 Championship. Failed the first, were so close against VTech and Texas that we almost satisfied the second, and met the third.

This year I think the same applies, except that we need to win the Big 12 championship game.

What will make the season a success in your mind?

When Pelini was hired, my Brother and I talked about this. We takled about what rational expectations we should have. They were pretty much the same. Win the North most years, win the Conference every couple of years (but be competitive yearly), and be in the NC hunt every few years. I dont think that is asking too much.

Win the north. If not winning the CCG, be competitive as last year.

I still think we are couple of years away from winning consistantly against Texas and Oklahoma level teams. We are very close, but still not on the same talent level or depth level. But huge strides have been made in that direction and this years recruiting is even more fodder for excitement.

Win the games we should, be in every game no matter who we end up with, BCS or other bowl.

I will have a better idea of what to expect after the Washington game I think.

Expectations are not terribly high, but much higher than they have been for a few years. I never expect CCG or NC teams. Too much luck invovled. Play as we expect the kids to play is all I ever ask for.

My expectations aren't as high as most fans. The two prior season under Bo, we've had some games that we just weren't into the game mentally at all. Two years ago, it was Mizzou and OU. Last year, it was TT and Iowa State. In year three, my expectation is to be mentally and physically in every game. While we may lose a game here or a game there, I expect the team to be focused and mentally prepared for each and every game.

i would be disappointed with anything less than getting to a bcs bowl. we should win the big 12 championship, but i think OU will be a great team this year. it is possible that the winner will go the the national championship. it will be an interesting year, but i will be disappointed with anything less than a bcs game, but after that, the sky is the limit.