The thing that stuck out to me about the interview was that the first question that was asked was, "Were all the QBs at practice yesterday?"

Bo said, "Yeah."

"Was Taylor Martinez at practice yesterday?"

"No, but I knew where he was."

"Is there a problem?"

"THERE IS NO PROBLEM!"

I'm guessing this amounts to a whole gargantuan mound of nothing, but I think the way whatever the situation––serious or not––was handled in that interview left the door wide open for speculation.

Anyway, hope Taylor is a Husker for the next four years, and I really hope he's worked onto the field in a meaningful capacity this fall.

Maybe Martinez was upset that he's not a quarterback anymore. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but the underlined parts of Bo's quote don't jive. If all the quarterbacks were at practice, but Martinez wasn't at practice, maybe he was told he's not a QB anymore and that was an issue?

The thing that stuck out to me about the interview was that the first question that was asked was, "Were all the QBs at practice yesterday?"

Bo said, "Yeah."

"Was Taylor Martinez at practice yesterday?"

"No, but I knew where he was."

"Is there a problem?"

"THERE IS NO PROBLEM!"

I'm guessing this amounts to a whole gargantuan mound of nothing, but I think the way whatever the situation––serious or not––was handled in that interview left the door wide open for speculation.

Anyway, hope Taylor is a Husker for the next four years, and I really hope he's worked onto the field in a meaningful capacity this fall.

Maybe Martinez was upset that he's not a quarterback anymore. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but the underlined parts of Bo's quote don't jive. If all the quarterbacks were at practice, but Martinez wasn't at practice, maybe he was told he's not a QB anymore and that was an issue?

Isn't he at QB right now? That would be a little bizarre.

The quotes don't jive. That's why we're all here wringing our hands. Hopefully early this week something becomes clear about Martinez's situation or the whole thing blows over.

Isn't he at QB right now? That would be a little bizarre.

He's listed at QB on the depth chart right now, but who knows if that changed? I could be reading way more into it than what was said in an informal, unprepared statement, but it just struck me as odd that all the QBs were there, but Martinez wasn't. Unless Bo thought the press didn't know Martinez was absent, or just had a momentary brain cramp.

I don't want to read too much into an off-the-cuff statement, but it stood out to me.

All I know is that Martinez better not pull a "Crouch" by running home and threatening to transfer, cuz Bo will not pull a "Solich" and follow him home, begging for him to stay.

You mean the same way the coaches didn't for Okafor?

I really wish people could get past their bitterness over Crouch "quitting". He only returned to give NU nearly 8,000 career yards, a Big 12 championship, a nat. title appearance, the Davey O'Brien, the Walter Camp, and oh yeah another small award you may have heard of, I think they call it the Heisman trophy! What more could Crouch have done for Nebraska to get people to move on?

The Heisman is overrated. It doesn't have the same impact that it once did. I bet you Crouch would trade in his heisman for a national championship any day of the week. Same for Bush. Last year Texas kept Colt in to pad his stats for the heisman trophy. Didn't turn out to well since it cost him the national championship title. I wouldn't be too proud of the national title appearance since we essentially got blown out and was over by halftime.

He's listed at QB on the depth chart right now, but who knows if that changed? I could be reading way more into it than what was said in an informal, unprepared statement, but it just struck me as odd that all the QBs were there, but Martinez wasn't. Unless Bo thought the press didn't know Martinez was absent, or just had a momentary brain cramp.

I don't want to read too much into an off-the-cuff statement, but it stood out to me.

I have heard that Martinez has quit/will be quitting the team.

Take it for what it's worth.

From whom? Where? When? This whole thread is now going to Rumorville until something substantial happens. Nothing personal to all the "insiders" but this thread is exactly why we made Rumorville in the first place.

I really hope that info is false, we'd be losing a really talented player if he has/will quit the team.

I really hope that info is false, we'd be losing a really talented player if he has/will quit the team.

Have we really? If he isn't good enough to play QB at Nebraska and he isn't willing to play another position, have we really lost a talented player? Other than simulating opposing teams QB's in practice, what would we really be out if he left?

Have we really? If he isn't good enough to play QB at Nebraska and he isn't willing to play another position, have we really lost a talented player? Other than simulating opposing teams QB's in practice, what would we really be out if he left?

There's a lot of truth here. Especially when you look at what we have at QB in the stable and committed, we're pretty loaded. If he's not willing to help out the team and he's going to transfer, we haven't lost much except potential. And every guy on the roster has potential.

From whom? Where? When? This whole thread is now going to Rumorville until something substantial happens. Nothing personal to all the "insiders" but this thread is exactly why we made Rumorville in the first place.

I am just going to say there's a reason why many freshman/redshirt freshman do not start. But yeah, you're right. I am no one and as of right now, all of this is a rumor and should be treated as such.

Like I previously said, take it for what it's worth.

There's a lot of truth here. Especially when you look at what we have at QB in the stable and committed, we're pretty loaded. If he's not willing to help out the team and he's going to transfer, we haven't lost much except potential. And every guy on the roster has potential.

True, but my reasoning is it just looked like to me in the spring game that he just that "it" factor at just making plays. But realistically he hasn't proven anything yet like you said so we'll just wait and see where this goes...

:yeah to both comments

True, but my reasoning is it just looked like to me in the spring game that he just that "it" factor at just making plays. But realistically he hasn't proven anything yet like you said so we'll just wait and see where this goes...

I was at the Spring Game, too. I know he's got talent, and that "it" factor, and it seems pretty odd to me that we would transfer our #3 QB to another position, but that's what Bo's quote sounded like to me.