I've heard mixed reports about Crouch's 'quitting', so I'll hold back a bit there. However, I think a Carnes-Green race will be very interesting, and may just turn out to be what it comes down to next year in any event. Tay-Mart will continue to be crazy athletic, and we'll continue to find ways to get the ball into his hands if he lives up to that playmaker billing...but he's got a longer ways to go than Green and probably even Carnes to become a starter at QB. Granted, if Taylor transforms into a deadly threat at passer, who knows what the limit could be...

I've heard mixed reports about Crouch's 'quitting', so I'll hold back a bit there. However, I think a Carnes-Green race will be very interesting, and may just turn out to be what it comes down to next year in any event. Tay-Mart will continue to be crazy athletic, and we'll continue to find ways to get the ball into his hands if he lives up to that playmaker billing...but he's got a longer ways to go than Green and probably even Carnes to become a starter at QB. Granted, if Taylor transforms into a deadly threat at passer, who knows what the limit could be...

whatever the case is they should find a way to get the guy on the field where he can make an impact.......

All I know is that Martinez better not pull a "Crouch" by running home and threatening to transfer, cuz Bo will not pull a "Solich" and follow him home, begging for him to stay.

You mean the same way the coaches didn't for Okafor?

I really wish people could get past their bitterness over Crouch "quitting". He only returned to give NU nearly 8,000 career yards, a Big 12 championship, a nat. title appearance, the Davey O'Brien, the Walter Camp, and oh yeah another small award you may have heard of, I think they call it the Heisman trophy! What more could Crouch have done for Nebraska to get people to move on?

Thank you, huzkerbob!!

:thumbs

Is class even in session right now?

Willie - you got something to add, or would you like to remain cryptic for the moment?

Probably will say more in a few days/weeks. Right now, I'll just let this thing go as the coaching staff wants it to.

But if you remember my hard stance on TMart, it still stands. Feel even more strongly about my opinions than I did back when he signed.

Willie - you got something to add, or would you like to remain cryptic for the moment?

Probably will say more in a few days/weeks. Right now, I'll just let this thing go as the coaching staff wants it to.

But if you remember my hard stance on TMart, it still stands. Feel even more strongly about my opinions than I did back when he signed.

Dang it, now I've got to look through his recruiting thread.

Actually most of the thoughts were HERE.

I'll say this though...I hope Martinez turns out to be a heck of a player for us. He's done some impressive things already, while not necessarily from a 'QB of the future' standpoint. I mean, we'll see. I won't like, I loved his Spring Game highlight reel even if I don't see him as a quarterback.

BigWillie - is Cody really quicker and as fast though? You said that in the thread I linked to above.

Actually most of the thoughts were HERE.

I'll say this though...I hope Martinez turns out to be a heck of a player for us. He's done some impressive things already, while not necessarily from a 'QB of the future' standpoint. I mean, we'll see. I won't like, I loved his Spring Game highlight reel even if I don't see him as a quarterback.

BigWillie - is Cody really quicker and as fast though? You said that in the thread I linked to above.

Cody is quicker to 10 yards, his long strides are deceptive. I think Taylor is a little more elusive, but that's just his running style. Heck McNeill was even quoted as seeing a practice tape of a zone read that he thought was Martinez at first glance, turns out it was Lee. If Taylor would switch to WR or S the team would be far better off, but I don't really think he cares.