I heard that he was looking for a family at a check out line that was short of cash so he could bail them out. Then he was scheduled to donate 31 pints of blood, followed by finding a cure for diabetes (he cured cancer last week).

Or its none of our business. I trust Bo to put the best product on the field. Then I cheer for the team. GBR

Is class even in session right now?

As far as I know. A friend of mine just had a final on Tuesday.

Well, there's a pretty plausible excuse right there.

Is this a story because he's a quarterback? Prince missed Big 12 media days and didn't get this much concern. Weird.

Pelini says Taylor Martinez had excused absence Thursday

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON

Husker head coach Bo Pelini confirmed Friday morning that redshirt quarterback Taylor Martinez did not practice with the team on Thursday, but called it an excused absence.

“We knew he wasn’t going to be at practice,” Pelini said after the first of two practices on Friday.

Pelini said anything else being said about Martinez’s absence is “bad information.”

“I knew where he was,” Pelini said. “It’s no one’s business but ours. We knew exactly where he was.”

Pelini insisted Martinez was in a good frame of mind.

The coach had last addressed the media on Wednesday. Thursday’s post-practice media availability was abruptly canceled, though it’s unclear if Martinez’s absence played into that decision.

Martinez did participate in Friday’s practice.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound native of Corona, Calif., is considered one of the three main contenders for the starting quarterback job, battling against senior Zac Lee and sophomore Cody Green.

Asked if there was ever concern about Martinez’s status with the team, Pelini said: “There was no concern. Next issue.”

If you listened to Bo's conversation after practice, you realize that he was getting upset at the same person prying into Taylor Martinez. Bo was asked if T-Mart wasn't at practice and he confirmed it, when asked if he would be back Friday, he did. When he got upset was when the guy wanted to know what issue caused Martinez to be gone, and where he was, and a bunch of uneccesary questions that were between player and coach. For all we know it could have been a family problem that Martinez needed some time to off for. I don't think its any of our business if the coach says there is no issue with a player.

Even i wanted to say "Its none of your damn business."

So if Martinez was taking a final, why not say, "He wasn't able to be here due to classwork," or, "He wasn't able to be here because he had to take a final today."? If it was just that, don't you think Bo would have just said that?

Obviously there's more to the story than just he had to take a final.

So if Martinez was taking a final, why not say, "He wasn't able to be here due to classwork," or, "He wasn't able to be here because he had to take a final today."? If it was just that, don't you think Bo would have just said that?

Obviously there's more to the story than just he had to take a final.

I agree and that is what I've been hearing as well. Perhaps nothing will come of this, but I would say that there is a chance that he will not be on the roster by the start of the season.