I guess the next logical question is, does anyone know if TMart was enrolled in summer classes?

I saw him walking around campus with a backpack earlier this summer.

Don't most athletes take summer classes so they're aren't as swamped during the school year between classes and their sport(s)? :dunno

I agree and that is what I've been hearing as well. Perhaps nothing will come of this, but I would say that there is a chance that he will not be on the roster by the start of the season.

Wow - what a huge gap in possibilities. From nothing at all to no longer on the team. That pretty much covers every outcome, doesn't it?

I agree and that is what I've been hearing as well. Perhaps nothing will come of this, but I would say that there is a chance that he will not be on the roster by the start of the season.

Wow - what a huge gap in possibilities. From nothing at all to no longer on the team. That pretty much covers every outcome, doesn't it?

Aren't those the only possibilities - either he will be a Husker or he won't? I'm just saying don't try to dismiss this as the kid taking a final or having problems unrelated to his position on the football team.

Aren't those the only possibilities - either he will be a Husker or he won't? I'm just saying don't try to dismiss this as the kid taking a final or having problems unrelated to his position on the football team.

The question is why wouldn't he be on the roster, and that runs a huge gamut of possibilities. If you have info, spill it. If not... That's what rumorville is for. Speaking of...

So if Martinez was taking a final, why not say, "He wasn't able to be here due to classwork," or, "He wasn't able to be here because he had to take a final today."? If it was just that, don't you think Bo would have just said that?

Obviously there's more to the story than just he had to take a final.

Well I don't want to shatter anyone's sheltered dreams, but sometimes athletes (football players in particular) get, how do I put this gently, "favorable treatment" academically. There may have been more to it than Bo cared to indulge our over analyzing media in.

Well I don't want to shatter anyone's sheltered dreams, but sometimes athletes (football players in particular) get, how do I put this gently, "favorable treatment" academically. There may have been more to it than Bo cared to indulge our over analyzing media in.

Next thing you'll tell me is the tooth fairy was just my mom leaving a quarter under my pillow. I don't believe your lies. <_<

Next thing you'll tell me is the tooth fairy was just my mom leaving a quarter under my pillow. I don't believe your lies. <_<

Like I said, i didn't want to shatter anyone's dreams :lol:

All I know is that Martinez better not pull a "Crouch" by running home and threatening to transfer, cuz Bo will not pull a "Solich" and follow him home, begging for him to stay.

You mean the same way the coaches didn't for Okafor?

I really wish people could get past their bitterness over Crouch "quitting". He only returned to give NU nearly 8,000 career yards, a Big 12 championship, a nat. title appearance, the Davey O'Brien, the Walter Camp, and oh yeah another small award you may have heard of, I think they call it the Heisman trophy! What more could Crouch have done for Nebraska to get people to move on?

As far as the OP goes, I hope like hell these rumors turn out to be B.S., because a QB race in 2011 between RS Freshman Brion Carnes and Cody Green (with all his "quality game experience") will do very little to settle NU's ongoing QB troubles.

• Fire 3
I really wish people could get past their bitterness over Crouch "quitting". He only returned to give NU nearly 8,000 career yards, a Big 12 championship, a nat. title appearance, the Davey O'Brien, the Walter Camp, and oh yeah another small award you may have heard of, I think they call it the Heisman trophy! What more could Crouch have done for Nebraska to get people to move on?

:clap