Pelini shuts it down

knapplc

There are two big no-no's when you go to practice: 1. Don't report any injury news before the coaches have had a chance to address the media. 2. Don't go posting information on practice on message boards or social network sites.

^^^This^^^

There are certain rules that need to be followed when you're allowed to attend a practice. These have been broken in the past few weeks, Pelini addressed everyone about them and there are still people who won't play by them. Pelini is fed up with it and is trying to protect his players and coaches. There really is nothing else to this.

It doesn't matter what it is.

Like we discussed in the other thread, we're guests. We have nothing to lose in this exchange. The program and the athletes do and if Bo feels he has to tighten down for their benefit, then that's what needs to happen. He can't sit around and hope messageboards, media, bloggers.........whomever........police themselves.

• Fire 1

I wonder who it was that leaked the information. By the time it got on here it was already third-hand speculation.

I know someone on Rivals paid site was posting very detailed descriptions of practices they had been to. So somethings could have been picked up there.

Just a hunch here, but I bet that someone will have a very difficult time attending another practice in the future.

I thought it was directly related to the fights? Sounds like Pelini had them all doing pencil rolls or something and didn't want the media to see his recreation of the pie scene in "Stand by Me"

Why did you think that?

Well per a rivals article I can't say too much, but it said their was some punishment being doled out. Bo said it was for a different reason, but you have to take whatever he's saying about practice (especially now) with a grain of salt.

That is just the idiots at HI covering their asses. It was some retard on their site that started this mess, and they didn't lock it down (like they should have) so they could "break" the story.

The former players bit really surprises me.

Mitch Sherman said on Schick & Nick that some of Ekeler's friends were at practice yesterday and went straight to the media afterwards. I am under the impression that at least one former player has been posting practice impressions on Red Sea Scrolls. There are two big no-no's when you go to practice: 1. Don't report any injury news before the coaches have had a chance to address the media. 2. Don't go posting information on practice on message boards or social network sites.

If that's the situation, kudos to Bo for shutting things down for awhile. The LJS reported that often parents of players would be at practice. Is it just me, but in the helicopter parent era we live in, isn't that a potential pandora's box waiting to be opened?

we better stop speculating about bo's reasons until he has informed his parents of the real reasons.... would hate for them to find out why their son is doing this from strangers on a message board, rather than from bo himself.

sorry mods, you guys do mostly good work, just still a little frustrated that i can discuss what may be a big story

I wonder who it was that leaked the information. By the time it got on here it was already third-hand speculation.

I know someone on Rivals paid site was posting very detailed descriptions of practices they had been to. So somethings could have been picked up there.

Just a hunch here, but I bet that someone will have a very difficult time attending another practice in the future.

That's an understatement.

Just a note to anyone - not everyone who posts/reads on a Husker message board is a Husker fan. And for that very reason alone, we never get detailed practice reports.

Some in the traditional media, including the Journal Star, later issued short reports on the injury to a potential starting linebacker

I think that's trying to make it look a little different than it was...Steven Sipple's twitter:

Hearing #Huskers LB Sean Fisher suffered what may be a major injury at practice Tuesday.

I guess it's not worded incorrectly. The first time I read it though, made it seem like the writers' tweets were unspecific about the name.

Oh, I'd argue it's worded incorrectly. Sipple's twitter was at 7:31. The LJS story was at 8:30. Both had Fisher by name, citing no sources.