Most egregiuos calls against the Huskers

Without a doubt... Penn State 1982. I can think of several other calls that did not go our way, but the call that had the most impact on a game, season, and National Championship was the Penn State catch out of bounds. Nebraska and Penn State were the two best teams in the country that year, played a great game; and the wrong team won. The one second at Texas last year was heart breaking, but at least you can make a somewhat logical arguement for why it was done. ( I still say we were screwed ) But at Penn State, it was a clear cut blown call that cost us the game and National Championship in 1982.

Sometimes we get bad calls. Sometimes we get gifts. I guess is all balances out in the end.

But that 1994 OB against Fla State for the MNC——it didn’t seem to balance out for us. We had over 100 yds in penalties in that championship game. Two particularly egregious calls come to mind:

The *highly* suspect late hit 15 yard call against Barron Miles which helped put FSU in position to kick the winning field goal with less than a minute to go. This call may have cost us the trophy.

The phantom clipping penalty on Corey Dixon’s 71 yd punt return TD in the first quarter.

I might get reamed for this but IMHO FSU was the better team that night. Yes - the plays mentioned above were bad calls and maybe the Skers should have won...but I still think FSU was the better team. Don't kill me Huskerboard!!! :dumdum

Don't worry this isn't Shaggybevo or Orangebloods where they eat their own over there. You can have an opinion and not get slammed for it.

Hard to say whether NU or FSU was the better team. But if those two bad calls had gone the other way NU would have another trophy in the trophy case. Probably.

Very true

08' Va Tech game.

With Tech leading 28-23 and facing a third-and-four at the NU 37 with four minutes left, Taylor could gain only two yards before being forced out of bounds at the 35. Suh, in hot pursuit, was already airborne as Taylor went out of bounds, and he hit Taylor with his hand as they landed. It was incidental contact, but someone threw a flag, and Pelini erupted on the sideline.

Instead of Tech being faced with a field goal attempt of about 52 yards, they had the ball first and 10 on the Husker 11-yard line after the penalty for the personal foul was stepped off and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Pelini was tacked on. Taylor scored three plays later to increase the Hokies’ lead to 12, and the gap was too much for the Huskers to overcome, although they battled to the end and scored on a Ganz-to-Todd Peterson touchdown pass with 1:32 left.

Suh’s momentum carried him into the runner out of bounds and it looked like the officials let the Tech players make the call. Without that call, it’s 4th down and they’re forced to kick a field goal. I was glad to see Bo get all angry and animated about the call, even if he drew the flag. It’s gotta be good for the team to see some fire for once. They kept fighting, for sure.

I vividly remember this as well.

It had no impact on the outcome of the game but a call that made me madder than any other was last year against Baylor when Suh got a penalty for "slamming the QB". It was just like they thought he tackled too hard or something...they claimed it was after the whistle but you can clearly hear the whistle the instant the qb hits the ground....no way Suh could have stopped. Oh well :throwdabones1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPcB-z9zqNw

I laughed my a$$ off when they made that call. I wasn't even mad. For the rest of his life, Nick Florence will go down as the QB who "got tackled too hard" in a football game. :laughpound

It had no impact on the outcome of the game but a call that made me madder than any other was last year against Baylor when Suh got a penalty for "slamming the QB". It was just like they thought he tackled too hard or something...they claimed it was after the whistle but you can clearly hear the whistle the instant the qb hits the ground....no way Suh could have stopped. Oh well :throwdabones1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPcB-z9zqNw

I laughed my a$$ off when they made that call. I wasn't even mad. For the rest of his life, Nick Florence will go down as the QB who "got tackled too hard" in a football game. :laughpound

Why is that even a penalty? Or is it even a REAL one?

Yeah I'd go with the fsu phantom block then the 82 psu then the 98 ksu facemask then the texas game (i only put this game last because of the actual controversy as to what the right call should be in that situation).

While we're at it how about some other teams....even worse than all of ours (i think) was the oregon onside kick against OU several years ago. I was mad and I didn't even care who won. The OU guy is waving the ball in the air by the ref as they are trying to see who is at the bottom of the pile

While we're at it how about some other teams....even worse than all of ours (i think) was the oregon onside kick against OU several years ago. I was mad and I didn't even care who won. The OU guy is waving the ball in the air by the ref as they are trying to see who is at the bottom of the pile

Missouri 5th down vs CU

How's about the 500+ holding calls that should have been called on the opposing teams O-lines in 2009?

Look at almost any picture from the Oklahoma or texas games last year that shows our D-line and 90% of the time you can see an arm wraped around a neck/body, or jerseys torn at the arm pit or ripped of the shoulder pads. I think they need to consider moving the umpire behinde the offense like the NFl has done this year. Then there would be absolutely no excuses anymore.

There was all sorts of BS going on against Texas long before the 00:01 thing. Remember the pass interference call against Amukamara . . . on a pass McCoy was throwing away?

Yea that sums it up right there. It wasnt just the 1 second. Numerous plays were just head shaking. Even a good friend of mine who was a Texas fan said that Nebraska was getting the shaft in the 1st quarter of that game. Granted we did get 1 lucky call on the kickoff where the guy was ruled down at the 1. One of Suh's sacks that night you clearly see he's being held during it. All and all though its done and in the books right or wrong.

The worst call i remeber was the 1998 KSU game though i remeber watching that and seeing that wondering how Crouch was even alive. The fact a flag wasnt thrown wasnt just wrong. Didnt the ref in that game get fired for that. It's not even about the rules at that point its about player safety.