Boise State ranked #3 in AP poll

GMoose

So the AP poll has officially been released, and Boise State is #3. I know there's a long way to go before the BCS is released, but (I believe) the BCS is weighted heavily on the other polls. If Boise beats Va Tech and continues to go undefeated, I don't think there'll be any way around putting them in the top 2, because I just don't see any major conference teams going undefeated in the regular season this year.

If Boise State really does go to the MNC game, I think either way MAJOR questions are going to pick up speed about the BCS. What if they go and lose by 3 TD's? For one, that year's champion will always be remembered as a sham.

Since I think Boise will in fact beat VT on labor day, I'm really curious to see how this plays out. I think by year's end we might see some big changes in CFB.

So the AP poll has officially been released, and Boise State is #3. I know there's a long way to go before the BCS is released, but (I believe) the BCS is weighted heavily on the other polls. If Boise beats Va Tech and continues to go undefeated, I don't think there'll be any way around putting them in the top 2, because I just don't see any major conference teams going undefeated in the regular season this year.

If Boise State really does go to the MNC game, I think either way MAJOR questions are going to pick up speed about the BCS. What if they go and lose by 3 TD's? For one, that year's champion will always be remembered as a sham.

Since I think Boise will in fact beat VT on labor day, I'm really curious to see how this plays out. I think by year's end we might see some big changes in CFB.

I dunno. I think Va Tech beats Boise. Not by much though. Beamer ball doesn’t hang a half-a-hunderd.

I'm with Nuance on Va Tech beating Boise State but I agree...its ridiculous that a team (Boise State) should be able to win one legitamately tough game and win out the rest of the season and be considered for the national championship. IT'S TIME FOR A PLAYOFF SYSTEM! Unfortunately, there's too much money in the bowls controlling this situation...I almost HOPE that Boise State makes it to the national championship and gets their ass kicked...I think it would finally be a big enough knock in the face to the FBS execs.

Screw the playoff. Just make it law that NO non-BCS conference team can play for the BCS title. Makes sense doesn't it. BCS championship must go to a team from the BCS conferences.

No even if that's the case we still need a playoff due to the fact that we could have several good BCS conference teams. Plus I think sometimes the non-BCS teams are actually pretty good and at least deserve a shot in a playoff.

You say it likes it's fact. We do not need a playoff. I should just copy and paste my reasoning so I don't have to type it out everytime. :)

Would a playoff have advantages ...sure. But it will not always give us the clear-cut winner. No system will. Plus you still have to determine what teams get in and who plays who. That'll rarely ever work out just right. A playoff is a preferred method to college football by a lot of people. To pretend that it is a solution to "unfairness" is wishful thinking by those that want this system.

You say it likes it's fact. We do not need a playoff. I should just copy and paste my reasoning so I don't have to type it out everytime. :)

Would a playoff have advantages ...sure. But it will not always give us the clear-cut winner. No system will. Plus you still have to determine what teams get in and who plays who. That'll rarely ever work out just right. A playoff is a preferred method to college football by a lot of people. To pretend that it is a solution to "unfairness" is wishful thinking by those that want this system.

I just want to have two deserving teams in the Championship game. If you can beat several of the top teams in the country through a playoff system then I think you're more deserving of a title than getting a high rank in a poll. Of course it's far from perfect but it's better. Remember last year we were an extra second away from Cincy playing in the title game :facepalm:

What will really throw **** in the fan will be if Boise wins a MNC this year. Then you have to start questioning who the real National Champions are in 2009, 2008 and 2006 when a Boise or Utah team was undefeated at the end of the season...

Don't know if even that would make them question I think it was 2004 when Auburn went undefeated and didn't play for the national title and very rarely do you hear people question that usc was the true champion that year. Well that is untill USC had to vacate the tile with the sanctions

I'm with Nuance on Va Tech beating Boise State but I agree...its ridiculous that a team (Boise State) should be able to win one legitamately tough game and win out the rest of the season and be considered for the national championship. IT'S TIME FOR A PLAYOFF SYSTEM! Unfortunately, there's too much money in the bowls controlling this situation...I almost HOPE that Boise State makes it to the national championship and gets their ass kicked...I think it would finally be a big enough knock in the face to the FBS execs.

You would have thought NU making it to the MNC in 2001 against Miami would have been enough to knock some sense into them...

I just want to have two deserving teams in the Championship game. If you can beat several of the top teams in the country through a playoff system then I think you're more deserving of a title than getting a high rank in a poll. Of course it's far from perfect but it's better. Remember last year we were an extra second away from Cincy playing in the title game :facepalm:

Well what about the regular season? We may see teams that are already a secured one seed in the playoff then decide to rest their starters in the final regular season game. How would we have felt last year if Bo would've tossed the CU game to prepare for the Big12 CCG? A playoff diminishes the regular season. Do you always have a playoff? What about the year you have a team run the gauntlet in the SEC undefeated but end up having to play 2 more games to win the title (and they play 2 teams with a loss or 2). That's not fair to the team that already took care of business. You can forget about undefeated teams winning titles the more playoff games you add.