Bleacher Reports BCS Bowl predictions

Drink up boys!! Here's your daily ration of Kool-Aid! :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Bleacher Report

To save you the hassle, here is what they have:

(By the way, they predict Texas will be in the Cotton Bowl)

No.5: The Fiesta Bowl

Projected Teams: Iowa versus Oklahoma

No.4: The Sugar Bowl

Projected Teams: Boise State versus Alabama

No.3: The Orange Bowl

Projected Teams: Florida State versus Connecticut

No.2: The Rose Bowl

Projected Teams: Ohio State versus Arizona

No.1: BCS Title Game

Projected Teams: Nebraska versus Florida

The six "BCS Conference" champions absorb all but four positions available in these contests. The two top-ranked teams in the final poll will play for the BCS Championship. The remaining four openings can be selected due to ranking as "at-large" teams.

Boise State, should the Broncos finish undefeated, will be ranked at least in the top four in the final poll and be selected by the Sugar Bowl. Although they may be disheartened if not chosen for the title game, they will no doubt be relieved they can go to a new destination away from the Fiesta Bowl.

Alabama will lose to Florida in the SEC Championship game and be selected as an at-large squad for the Sugar Bowl. The same thing happened to the Crimson Tide two years ago and they were run off the field by unbeaten Utah.

The Orange will take the ACC and Big East champions. This will provide good fan interest throughout the eastern seaboard as well as heavy attendance.

The Fiesta Bowl will select highly ranked at-large teams. Oklahoma from the Big 12 and Iowa from the Big Ten make for an interesting contest. Sooner coach Bob Stoops is a former Hawkeye player.

Either of these rugged teams could advance to the BCS Title game provided they have good fortune during the season.

The Rose Bowl has become something of a downer for teams since it became a member of the BCS Bowl rotation. It spells the end of a season where one hopes to get into the BCS Title contest.

Two years ago Southern California had to face that dilemma, last year it was Ohio State's turn.

There is no question about the awesome power and talent of Ohio State this season but the murderous schedule just might be their Achilles heel.

The Pac-10, when the Trojans are not in charge, usually springs the surprise team to the BCS. Look for Arizona to emerge from a hotly contested race with the teams of the Northwest.

Nebraska should win every game and qualify for the title game ranked No.1 in the country.

Florida, on the strength of supposed victories over ACC champion Florida State and last year's BCS champion Alabama in their final two games, should vault into the No. 2 position in the final poll.

These BCS selections were covered in a previous article we prepared and this is the link straight to it.

In another posting, the predict we beat Florida in the BCS MNC

The Gators will lose at Alabama in October but, will defeat ACC Champion Florida State in their final regular season game and then take out Alabama in a "double revenge" SEC Title Game.

By remaining undefeated the rest of the season, the Gators' year end heroics will vault them into the No. 2 position in the final regular season BCS poll.

Expect Bo Pelini's crew to enter the BCS Title Game ranked No. 1 in the country.

The Cornhuskers face a danger game on Thursday night at Kansas State the week before the showdown with Texas.

The Longhorns and Missouri Tigers will offer resistance to the Big Red; however, the truth is they will not be challenged until the Big 12 championship game with Oklahoma.

Nebraska versus Oklahoma, just as it was 48 years ago when Bob Devaney created the Nebraska dynasty and faced the legendary Bud Wilkinson's Sooners for the conference title. It is fitting these two battle each other in the final Big 12 championship game.

There is a good chance Nebraska says farewell to the Big 12 conference with not only the league title but, as champion of all college football.

Good ol' Bleacher Report.

I will agree with them on one thing, though. Alabama is not going to the title game. They lost far too many starters on defense, and if they get matched up against a team with a great offense AND defense, they are going to lose. Alabama's defense won't be up to the challenge or to the level they were last year.

ESPN analyst Lee Corso delivered a keynote speech to a corporate company recently at the ESPN Grille, located on the Wide World of Sports property, about his life and job. During the speech, Corso gave his BCS national championship game prediction– Florida Gators (No. 4, Associated Press) vs. Nebraska (No. 8).

Full Article

Thats weird a #4 vs a #8 for the BCS Championship game.....I can't see that happening....Corso's smoking crack

i would love for the huskers to play the gators in the title game. even without the visor, something about beating that team would be so sweet. i just dont like them. i think its a combination of jealousy of their warm climate and disdain for those cartoon looking uniforms.

i don't like them, but honestly, i do not respect them that much. i would rather beat OSU or BAMA in the championship. or destroy Boise St. so they drop to fbs, although people would not be impressed with the MNC.