New York Pizza vs. Chicago Pizza

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps knowing that Chicago style deep dish *pizza was invented by a FORMER TEXAS FOOTBALL PLAYER will change you naysayer's minds?

Modern Pizza was invented in Naples in the 1700s. Deep Dish pizza was invented by Rudy Malnati.

I'm relatively sure it was Ike Sewell, one of the original guys from that "Pizzeria Uno" that became so big.

New York style usually, but there definitely is a time and place for Chicago style. Promptly followed by sweatpants and the couch.

This La Casa's talk got my mouth watering. They actually sell the tubs of their shredded romano cheese too. I always get extra to put on the pizza. Mmmmm, I would drink that stuff... Knappic, if your looking for a great cheese for your deep dish, that is it. Little pricey but completely worth it.

I'm biased, but New York is the superior pizza by far. I think Chicago has it all wrong. Pizza is not some heavy deep dish food that you eat with a spoon and fork. It is perfect on a thin crust, fresh and hot from coal oven with high quality ingredients in the perfect proportions that you can eat with your hands. Chicago style pizza is like eating cake or something. What do you folks think?

You sir are 100% correct. NY over Chicago all the way.

More Italian Immigrants live in NYC.

NYC>Chicago

Most of the Italian restaurants in NYC are owned/controlled by the Albanian mafia.

"Albania, Albania, you border on the Adriatic"

Sorry - had a flashback to the Cheers episode where Coach and Sam are going for their GED and Coach memorized everything by putting the details in little ditties. Sam took the better route - he slept with the teacher...