New York Loves You

This poll is one of the wackiest I have seen so far, but it has plenty of :koolaid2: for you guys. I highlighted the positions I thought were especially wacky.

1. Boise State

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Miami (FL) (... FOUR?)

5. Nebraska

6. Florida

7. Wisconsin

8. Texas (... Behind Wisconsin?)

9. Virginia Tech

10. Oklahoma

11. Oregon

12. TCU

13. Georgia Tech

14. Iowa (Did the NY Post watch the Orange Bowl?)

15. Oregon State

16. Auburn

17. Utah

18. Connecticut (Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.)

19. Arizona

20. Notre Dame (Bushmills. Tap-dancing. Foxtrot.)

21. USC

22. Florida State

23. Cincinnati

24. Penn State

25. Houston

This poll is one of the wackiest I have seen so far, but it has plenty of :koolaid2: for you guys. I highlighted the positions I thought were especially wacky.

1. Boise State

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Miami (FL) (... FOUR?)

5. Nebraska

6. Florida

7. Wisconsin

8. Texas (... Behind Wisconsin?)

9. Virginia Tech

10. Oklahoma

11. Oregon

12. TCU

13. Georgia Tech

14. Iowa (Did the NY Post watch the Orange Bowl?)

15. Oregon State

16. Auburn

17. Utah

18. Connecticut (Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.)

19. Arizona

20. Notre Dame (Bushmills. Tap-dancing. Foxtrot.)

21. USC

22. Florida State

23. Cincinnati

24. Penn State

25. Houston

I think BSU should be 4 and Miami should be around 26. Everything else look. Top 4 or 5 for NU is nice. :koolaid2:

Boise as #1 <_< Just don't know about that... kinda says it all about this poll for me

Exactly.

Boise State is a good program, but they are not going to be deserving of a number one ranking or a shot at a MNC over ANY undefeated or one loss Big 12/SEC/Big 10 school. It just isn't right. Playing one or two good teams each year doesn't cut it for me. The level of competition they face is significantly weaker than any of the power conferences.

I think it's great that VaTech and BSU are playing early in the season, but then again it's also the beginning of the season. Anything can happen and I think the victor of that game shouldn't be taken overly seriously.

As a person who went to college in NYC from 2004-2008, you shouldn't take stock in this poll. They don't care about college football back there, all they give a hoot about is the Jets and Giants as far as football is concerned. They all have hard-ons for ND bc so many grads live there and want to pander to them.

As a person who went to college in NYC from 2004-2008, you shouldn't take stock in this poll. They don't care about college football back there, all they give a hoot about is the Jets and Giants as far as football is concerned. They all have hard-ons for ND bc so many grads live there and want to pander to them.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. I live in NYC. I sent a letter to the editor of the paper about how garbage the college football section was. In the article they had about Boise State on the 29th, it said "#2 Alabama" and "#3 Ohio State" in the text of the article. Those guys are retarded. Using their own poll as a reference? The article was also confused about what a BCS team is.

Boise as #1 <_< Just don't know about that... kinda says it all about this poll for me

Exactly.

Boise State is a good program, but they are not going to be deserving of a number one ranking or a shot at a MNC over ANY undefeated or one loss Big 12/SEC/Big 10 school. It just isn't right. Playing one or two good teams each year doesn't cut it for me. The level of competition they face is significantly weaker than any of the power conferences.

I think it's great that VaTech and BSU are playing early in the season, but then again it's also the beginning of the season. Anything can happen and I think the victor of that game shouldn't be taken overly seriously.

The whole idea of placing Boise State anywhere in the top 15 is crazy. The ranking is supposed to be the ranking of the best teams in the country. If Boise State played the pre-season top 25 for an ESPN or FSN, they win 7 games tops. This guy is saying that Boise has a better team than Alabama, Ohio State, Florida, or Texas? Those teams would murder them.

Boise #1?

Think about this.

Would they really be ranked this high if they weren't in a division like the WAC? Would they be the 3rd best team in the SEC? What about the Big XII???

But, to my original point. Manhattan does suck. It sucks to drive in, it suck to try to find parking in, it sucks to pay 8 bucks worth in tolls to get in to.

Not too mention it smells like a bag full of a$$holes....