Two NU freshmen cited for MIPs

I bet the only reason these guys got the MIP is because someone who hates jocks turned them in for being loud. Then when the police showed up the police feel like they have to give them the MIP because if they dont, it will be viewed as giving favoritism. It sucks but I am fairly confident that is probably the way it went down.

Underage drinking is no biggie, just be thankful there werent any drugs in the room which can be fairly prevelant on a college campus. Hopefully these two learned their lesson that when you are an athlete playing for a school like NU you have alot of people watching and waiting for you to screw up. I am sure the Unity Council will address this and give them pointers in avoiding future complications.

I heard from a few RA's that the athletic program sent out a letter to all RA's this year informing them that they cannot be lenient on athletes with dorm related incidents. Consequently, instead of them being told to go to their rooms, the kids got a MIP because the athletic program has become a lot more strict with Pelini's hiring.

The players knew the team stipulation that there wouldn't be drinking this season. IMO they just need to grow up and stop bucking the system- which I imagine they will. I'm impressed by the dedication from players on the team who are 22-23 not drinking. When I was in high school I had a diet for wrestling. If I slipped up and ate half of a pan of brownies I wasn't just letting myself down but also my coach and my team. It's the same thing in this case.

"Okuyemi, a native of Maple Grove, Minn., is likely a redshirt candidate at defensive end."

My hometown representing!!!!

He's actually from Wayzata..

He went to Wayzata Highschool, but i am actually pretty sure he is from plymouth. Depends, could actually be considered MG, but not fully sure, but i know he isnt from Wayzata, just went to HS there.

All the discussion of whether or not it's a big deal and whether or not everybody does it, it certainly shows a certain lack of discipline and commitment on the part of the two players. I feel pretty certain both players know Pelini's expectations and standards, and the fact that they find themselves in this position days before the first game tells me they aren't quite ready to step up.

• Fire 1

All the discussion of whether or not it's a big deal and whether or not everybody does it, it certainly shows a certain lack of discipline and commitment on the part of the two players. I feel pretty certain both players know Pelini's expectations and standards, and the fact that they find themselves in this position days before the first game tells me they aren't quite ready to step up.

Exactly how I feel. College kids drink. So drink out of season. If the unity council and Bo tell you that you need to commit 100% to the team and not drink pop or watch chick flicks while in season simply because it is part of building team unity and keeping disciplined then I sure as hell wouldn't do it. I get more bent about kids taking their scholarships and opportunities for granted. I know more than a handful of local nebraska boys that would give up drinking until they're 40 if they could get a scholarship and just play one down at memorial stadium.

Good post and I agree.

:mellow:

:huh:

^_^

:o

;)

:P

:D

:lol:

B)

:rolleyes:

-_-

<_<

:)

:wub:

:angry:

:(

:unsure:

:wacko:

:blink:

:ph34r:

:grr

:wtf

:worship

:waste

:thumbs

:steam

:smokin

:rickjames

:band

:lame

:horns

:hitit

:horns2

:frenchy

:flush

:devil

:cry

:cheers

:zoom

:box

:bounce

:ban

:bang

:star

:duel

:rollin

:clap

:rulez

:throw

:tv

:bat

:woo

:wasted

:dis

:point

:xcuse

:bad

:sarcasm

:include

:yeah

:dumdum

:1000

dedhoarse

:restore

:power

:restore2

:bluffs

:spooners

:hookerhorns

:moreinteresting

:confucius

:dunno

chuckleshuffle

:hmmph

eyeswear2allthatsholy

:leghump:

:ahhhhhhhh

:funnyhahah

:madash

:ohnoes

:hellloooo

:boxosoap

:w00t

:bs:

:backtotopic

:bonez

:corndance

:laughpound

:LOLtartar

:nanalama

:nutz

:rant

:violin

:cowbell:

:koolaid2:

:cop:

:espnsucks:

:facepalm:

:snacks:

:bigredn:

:throwdabones1:

knapplc should get a MIP (most icons posted), amiright?

Good call!