Haters in Big 10 Country

There are some haters in Big 10 country. This was in the Chicago SunTimes today. The SunTimes is known for having inflammatory sports columnists, but this one is kind of over the top as far as I'm concerned....

Same old garbage you always hear from a paper forced to cover the bottom dwellers of any conference. (Northwestern and Illinois)

I've yet to read a paper from any bottom dwelling section of a conference praise the moves made by the people on top.

September 3, 2010

BY RICK TELANDER Sun-Times Columnist

Rick Telander played fb for Northwestern.

Better get used to another annual ass whoopin for the ole alma mater, Ricky. But look on the bright side, without NU that anNUal ass whoopin would take on a whole new meaning.

There are some haters in Big 10 country. This was in the Chicago SunTimes today. The SunTimes is known for having inflammatory sports columnists, but this one is kind of over the top as far as I'm concerned....

Same old garbage you always hear from a paper forced to cover the bottom dwellers of any conference. (Northwestern and Illinois)

I've yet to read a paper from any bottom dwelling section of a conference praise the moves made by the people on top.

I love this picutre.....

Well one...yes of course its about the money but its also about respect. Nebraska was getting pushed around by Texas and the southern schools in the Big 12 and we were tired of it. There was also concern of instability in the conference BECAUSE of Texas...they're really the ones that started it all. Tom Osborne made a statement in an espn.com article saying that there was no way of telling that Texas wouldn't try to do the same thing in a couple of years...in the end its about survival and the preservation of a football dynasty. Nebraska is and will forever will be one of the greatest college football programs in the country and we should be treated like it. With all of this said...I can understand where the reporter is coming from A LITTLE BIT at the end of article talking about rivalries being broken and whatnot...I felt the same way when we first found out that Nebraska was leaving the Big 12. But all good things must come to an end....AND...we can see already that there will be AWESOME new rivalries coming next year.

The writer of that article is nothing more than an "Idiot"...maybe he should actually take a trip to Nebraska. Also, his reference to "upaid workers"? I know that a scholarship to Nebraska or any other major college now days is worth at least $100,000. That is hardly unpaid, Bubba.