Boise State

Lil' Red

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This debate needs to end. Do I appreciate what Boise has done over the past 5 seasons? Sure. I respect the hell out of em, and fully cheered for them in their previous David vs Goliath mathcups.

However, a team that plays one ranked team a year should not be considered a shot at national glory while other programs go through a gauntlet of a schedule.

Remember how we had debates about our ridiculously easy 2010 Out-of-conference schedule and how its a joke- well thats Boise's ENTIRE schedule outside of one big-name school.

I get that they dont choose their conference or whatever, but its still doesnt make it right to 'give them a chance' in the NC.

For those that voted yes, voted for the 'feel good story' I leave you with this (quite possible) scenario:

Ohio State goes undefeated

Boise goes undefeated

NEBRASKA goes undefeated and travels to Dallas to face a #7 one-loss Oklahoma team for the Big12 title. We survive a tough game to win 28-10.

Now what? Is it still a great idea to put the WAC team who beat one or two legit teams, or the Big12 team who proved themselves week in and week out (roughly 5 ranked games)

And for the sake of this argument, you can substitute Nebraska out for any other big-time program that survived a tough schedule.

Thats why we added an extra BCS bowl- give them their Fiesta Bowl bid

We cannot penalize Boise for their conference schedule. It not like all the team in big time conference win the games they are suppose to win. The teams in the WAC try their best to knock out Boise ever week. The fact they continue to get it done speaks volumes. Each week they are the big game for their opponent.

For those who say they would not make it in a bigger conference that may be true but that is assuming that their recruiting would stay the same and their talent level wouldn't rise to the teams they are playing.

If I can say anything about Boise over the years is they play as a complete team. Their offense is effective, their defense play ball to the wall, and their special team doesn't make huge mistakes

This debate needs to end. Do I appreciate what Boise has done over the past 5 seasons? Sure. I respect the hell out of em, and fully cheered for them in their previous David vs Goliath mathcups.

However, a team that plays one ranked team a year should not be considered a shot at national glory while other programs go through a gauntlet of a schedule.

Remember how we had debates about our ridiculously easy 2010 Out-of-conference schedule and how its a joke- well thats Boise's ENTIRE schedule outside of one big-name school.

I get that they dont choose their conference or whatever, but its still doesnt make it right to 'give them a chance' in the NC.

For those that voted yes, voted for the 'feel good story' I leave you with this (quite possible) scenario:

Ohio State goes undefeated

Boise goes undefeated

NEBRASKA goes undefeated and travels to Dallas to face a #7 one-loss Oklahoma team for the Big12 title. We survive a tough game to win 28-10.

Now what? Is it still a great idea to put the WAC team who beat one or two legit teams, or the Big12 team who proved themselves week in and week out (roughly 5 ranked games)

And for the sake of this argument, you can substitute Nebraska out for any other big-time program that survived a tough schedule.

Thats why we added an extra BCS bowl- give them their Fiesta Bowl bid

Depends. How soundly does each team beat their respective opponents? If OSU and NU go undefeated but struggle and win a lot of close games, and Boise is blowing teams out by 30ppg, how do you say they don't deserve it? They've done everything they possibly can.

I still dont see how you can deny a team that at that point would have won, 25 consecuive games, 2 bcs bowls in the last 4 years. Yes, I would be livid in the secinero plays out with Nebraska going undefeated and not going to the national championship. However as hipicritcal as I will sound if it happnes Boise woudl have earned it.

• 3 weeks later...

I still dont see how you can deny a team that at that point would have won, 25 consecuive games, 2 bcs bowls in the last 4 years. Yes, I would be livid in the secinero plays out with Nebraska going undefeated and not going to the national championship. However as hipicritcal as I will sound if it happnes Boise woudl have earned it.

How?

Their conference, as a whole, pails in comparison to the SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. BSU plays one, sometimes two "quality" opponents during the year, and then gets into a BCS bowl game. They're so much better than they're competition that they aren't nearly as affected by the week to week grind as schools from a bigger conference are.

A one loss SEC/Big10/Big12 team deserves to go to the title over an undefeated Boise State team. And, given they probably aren't going to play another ranked opponent the rest of the year, someone will probably leap frog them.

That would never happen because we play in a tougher BCS conference and now moving to the Big 10 will make it an even tougher schedule.