Boise State

Lil' Red

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope their schedule is GARBAGE. Play more than 2 tough BCS schools a year and join a better conference than the WAC and soon to be Mountain West. If you replace Boise State with any other school like OU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc they'll do the exact same thing and quite possibility go undefeated. It was nice to see Boise State succeed but when their schedule doesn't change much than it gets pretty frustrating and should piss off a lot of Universities who have to play tougher schools and try to go undefeated or lose maybe 1 game to atleast get to a BCS bowl game.

They proved that they, at least for one night, were a better team than Va Tech. If Va Tech plays at their standard level of success, then Boise should certainly play for the title (if they go undefeated) if the people that have a say in it think they should.

All a team can do is win the games they have scheduled. They beat Va Tech before the grind of a regular season where both teams were completely fresh, they beat Oregon in a similar fashion, they beat Oklahoma at the end of the season, all they've done is win. If their strength of schedule is weak, there's only so much you can do about it, but who's to decide if that's the determining factor? If it were up to me, and thankfully it's not, I would say whoever I believe to be the best two teams in college football will be the two to play for the championship, regardless of records and strength of schedule.

Nope their schedule is GARBAGE. Play more than 2 tough BCS schools a year and join a better conference than the WAC and soon to be Mountain West. If you replace Boise State with any other school like OU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc they'll do the exact same thing and quite possibility go undefeated. It was nice to see Boise State succeed but when their schedule doesn't change much than it gets pretty frustrating and should piss off a lot of Universities who have to play tougher schools and try to go undefeated or lose maybe 1 game to atleast get to a BCS bowl game.

Our schedule is garbage. In fact most of the Big 12 is garbage. This summer proved the entire conference is built on 3 teams.

I voted no. I like this team and what they have done. They are a very good football program. If their SOS gets them there, then I would say yes, they play. I voted no because I do not think their SOS gets them there.not to hijack the thred, but here is yet another reason to have a playoff which all the fans would love

I voted yes. They should be giving the chance. I really think they are a good team. What I would really like to see though is them playing a top ten team when they don't have the whole off season or a month to prepare for the game. If you think about it all of their big wins have come against teams when they either have the off season to prepare, Oregon and VT, or for over a month with Oklahoma and TCU. Want to see them play one in the middle of the season so they don't have all that time to prepare for a game. Other than that, I can't take anything away from them. They win all the games they are supposed to win. They will go anywhere to play anybody so you have to respect that.

I'd like to see Boise run the table and play for the MNC. And get crushed by 50 points. Then we wouldn't have to hear this debate again.

You know a lot of people said they'd be crushed by OU several years ago and looked how that turned out. Many people said they'd get crushed by Oregon last year and look how that turned out. Many thought TCU would give them a serious run for their money last year and look how that turned out. After last night I think they're a better team than most people like to give them credit for. And it also proves that Colorado got jobbed in a huge way when they hired Hawkins

I voted yes. Boise State doesn't get to choose who is in their conference. It's not their fault if their in-conference schedule sucks. Every year people write about how Boise State is willing to travel anywhere to play the top dogs. But colleges don't want to schedule them for fear of losing. Boise State prove themselves year after year. They beat OU and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl. When are the voters going to give Boise State the chance to play for all the marbles?

I voted no for reasons stated above.

Unfortunately, the BCS is about $$$ as much as anything else, and a Boise State matchup makes an intriguing matchup. Love them or hate them, people will watch them play - either to see the underdog win, or hoping they get smoked by one of the elite programs.

I voted yes. Boise State doesn't get to choose who is in their conference. It's not their fault if their in-conference schedule sucks. Every year people write about how Boise State is willing to travel anywhere to play the top dogs. But colleges don't want to schedule them for fear of losing. Boise State prove themselves year after year. They beat OU and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl. When are the voters going to give Boise State the chance to play for all the marbles?

We found out earlier this year that Boise is not always willing to play the big dogs:

Nebraska Offers Boise State Two-for-One Deal: Why Won't BSU Accept?

linky

We found out earlier this year that Boise is not always willing to play the big dogs:

Nebraska Offers Boise State Two-for-One Deal: Why Won't BSU Accept?

linky

I wouldn't consider us the big dogs yet. I think we need to be consistently ranked in the top 10 to be called a big dog. I do think we are getting there but it will take time. At least we have a coach that other teams respect and may not always agree with but knows how to build a great defense.

No, no, no, no, NO.

You don't get to play ONE GAME that has any merit, win by a couple of points, and then go pack top playing Pansy State for eleven games, and show up in the championship. If I ruled the world for a day, my first executive decision would be to expunge all Independents and BCS Busters from qualifying for any BCS games. It's absurd. It shouldn't happen. I don't care that they beat VA Tech on their opening night. The fact of the matter is Boise does not play a real schedule. We will never know how they MIGHT preform in a real conference. You can argue it all you want, but that's the end of the story. We will never know.

Yes, without a doubt. They are 50-4 over the last four years(of that they have gone 4-2 against ranked oppenants) I dont care what confrence you play in that is impressive. We could be looking at a team that has not lost a agme since december 23, 2008 being denied a shot in the title game. The arguemnet that any decent team could domintae their confrence simply isn't true, atleast not the way Boise has. The have not lost a confernce game snic edecember of 2007 (that by the way was to an undefeated hawaii team).

If boise runs the table they deserve to be in as much as any other team.