Brion Carnes?

The King

First off - I'm new to the forum but I'm a long time reader. Go Big Red!

Now, more on topic. With all this T-Mart and Cody Green stuff, where does that leave Brion Carnes next year or the year after? I know its all performance based, but I have a feeling Brion Carnes will shock all of us. Which will leave T-Mart and Cody Green as the Zac Lee's of this year. With them both having experience while Brion won't have experience, but he will still have the "wow" or "it" factor.

I feel like Brion Carnes has been lost in the shuffle. I was curious how you all saw this playing out in years to come.

I very, very seriously doubt it. Tmart is no Z. Lee.

While I do think Taylor is going to be a much better QB than Zac (already think he is...for the college game at least)I have a feeling that Brion is going to be an absolute BALLER when he understands the playbook completely (which is no easy task). Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

Tyrod is athletic, can run and pass very effectively, they have similar body types. That's my comparison.

Decision making, reading defenses, leadership, etc...is still up for grabs seeing as how I've never seen Carnes in a college game.

Also...Tyrod's win/loss isn't too shabby for what he has had to work with all four years...

Tyrod is athletic, can run and pass very effectively, they have similar body types. That's my comparison.

Decision making, reading defenses, leadership, etc...is still up for grabs seeing as how I've never seen Carnes in a college game.

Also...Tyrod's win/loss isn't too shabby for what he has had to work with all four years...

I think tyrod tayolor is approaching the most wins as a qb at Va Tech.

I haven't followed Tyrod's career too closely, and certainly not Brion's to know if such a comparison is apt...BUT, I would be extremely pleased if it were. Tyrod if I recall, took a little bit to get going, but once he got it rolling he's developed into a very real dual threat. He throws a beautiful ball in what little I've seen from him.

Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

I don't think that is anything to strive for.

Did you see the BSU-VT game? Tyrod almost won that game despite having almost no running game besides himself and the D giving up big plays and points. Here's his stats:

Pass: 15-22, 185, 2 TD

Rush: 17-73

I agree. If we have a QB in the Tyrod model, I'd be happy.

In fact, watching the game last night, I was thinking that Tmart reminded me a bit of Tyrod.

Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

I don't think that is anything to strive for.

Did you see the BSU-VT game? Tyrod almost won that game despite having almost no running game besides himself and the D giving up big plays and points. Here's his stats:

Pass: 15-22, 185, 2 TD

Rush: 17-73

I agree. If we have a QB in the Tyrod model, I'd be happy.

In fact, watching the game last night, I was thinking that Tmart reminded me a bit of Tyrod.

Tmart looks to run much more than Tyrod. Tyrod usually scrambles to pass rather than to run. Also, Tyrod throws an absolutely amazing deep ball - not so sure the same could be said for Tmart (as of now - granted, he still has 3 more years to develop)