Brion Carnes?

The King

I feel as though if we have the next Tyrod Taylor on our roster, his decision would not have been between Nebraska and the perennial juggernaut that is WKU.

His decision coming down to NU and WKU was not based on how talented the kid is. He knows or played for people on the WKU staff. It is not like that was his only other scholarship option.

If you base how good a kid is going to be on where their college choices are then what do you think of Taylor Martinez? If I’m not mistaken NU was his only major college offer.

1/3 of the board deems Martinez the next Eric Crouch.

1/3 of the board whines about Zac Lee getting the bench.

1/3 of the board starts anointing Brion Carnes the next Frazier at QB.

I’m trying to figure out where I fit in since I don’t think Martinez is the next Crouch, I don’t care that Zac Lee didn’t start and I don’t think Carnes is the next Tommie.

• Fire 1

I very, very seriously doubt it. Tmart is no Z. Lee.

While I do think Taylor is going to be a much better QB than Zac (already think he is...for the college game at least)I have a feeling that Brion is going to be an absolute BALLER when he understands the playbook completely (which is no easy task). Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

First, Bshirt, why all the hate for Zac? He came out and helped us win 10 games last year. TMart was impressive Saturday and answered A FEW QUESTIONS BUT NOT ALL, but don't overlook what Zac did last year bshirt7. TMart has a ways to go yet. So don't write him off as the savior.

While I do think Taylor is going to be a much better QB than Zac (already think he is...for the college game at least)I have a feeling that Brion is going to be an absolute BALLER when he understands the playbook completely (which is no easy task). Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

First, Bshirt, why all the hate for Zac? He came out and helped us win 10 games last year. TMart was impressive Saturday and answered A FEW QUESTIONS BUT NOT ALL, but don't overlook what Zac did last year bshirt7. TMart has a ways to go yet. So don't write him off as the savior.

Oh, c'mon EZ-E. I don't "hate" Lee at all.

He's a gamer and I'm proud of him. Really! I just think Tmart and now Green bring more to the table for NU.

However, it's a big, big luxury to have an experienced senior qb ready to go when needed. I "love" that! Hang with the coaches a little while EZ-E, you'll love the results and odds are Lee will bail us out somewhere down the line somewhere. He'll be fondly remembered for that for many, many years. Not a bad deal for everyone.

Your obsession with him is sickening. Tmart wasn't even supposed to get more than a sniff at the QB job 6 months ago, and now you seem to be anointing him like he's the best thing we've ever had. Maybe it won't be Carnes, but maybe it will be Green, but maybe it will be Turner, or maybe it will be Starling, or maybe it will be someone next year, that will overthrow and prove better than TMart.. hell, maybe it will even be LEE this year.

Well then why don't you just put me on "ignore"?

I think the guy is great....you don't. So what?

You can't take criticism well? Find one place, ONE PLACE, where I said I didn't think that TMart looked decent? He looked good for what they let him do. Short passes and running the ball. Against a bad team. I guarantee had Lee got the start and looked "great" you would be calling out how bad WKU is.. just the way it is. It's not the fact that I don't think the guy is great, it's the fact that you are crowning him after one game against a terrible team. What happened last year when people did that? What happened in 2007 when we talked about how good we were after beating a "decent" Nevada team?

It can be said to trust the coaching staff. I agree with that statement. If they thought that Martinez was the guy this past weekend, then they're right. But on that same note, Bo said that he was comfortable with all 3 QB's. That they were all close. That being said, making the statement that Martinez is "no Z Lee" is way off base. Just wish people would take the early season games for what they are.

looks like you calmed down a little. Very good!

1. You can't "guarantee" I would diss Lee if he would have started and ran up anything close to what Tmart did because that is simply not true. Like Lee would run for three TDs averaging 20 ypc with zero turnovers....I would put him down for that? No way.

2. The statement "Tmart is no Z. lee" is an obvious direct answer to this thread's author. I think the talent of Tmart is so high Carnes it's extremely unlikely he'll beat Tmart like Tmart beat Lee (as stated by the author). It's not like I just brought up the subject by myself.

Look compadre', this is a "forum".....we all have different "opinions"....that's what a forum is for. I don't call your posts "sickening" because I disagree with them. Relax and have a beer.....it works for me! :koolaid2:

And exactly what "talent" have you seen that shows that Tmart's talent is "so high?" The fact that he ran all over a bad WKU team? Yes, he is fast. But that does not mean he will translate to playing QB at the Big 12/Big 10 level. Maybe it will, but to say that his talent level is so high that Carnes can't touch him is kind of a joke at this point.

Oh, BROTHER.

Martinez gets his FIRST start, looks admittedly very good, and this is how Huskerboard reacts:

1/3 of the board deems Martinez the next Eric Crouch.

1/3 of the board whines about Zac Lee getting the bench.

1/3 of the board starts anointing Brion Carnes the next Frazier at QB.

Not only is this insane (and hilarious), but it also kind of feels like when we compare modern QBs to legends of the past, race is pretty much the deciding factor... How come Martinez can't be the next Frazier, or Carnes the next Crouch? .... FYI, I'm just kidding around... sorta...

Just of curiosity, who are the the 1% of Husker fans that don't fit into this category? Are they the rational ones? I think there are a lot more than 1% of us.

Your obsession with him is sickening. Tmart wasn't even supposed to get more than a sniff at the QB job 6 months ago, and now you seem to be anointing him like he's the best thing we've ever had. Maybe it won't be Carnes, but maybe it will be Green, but maybe it will be Turner, or maybe it will be Starling, or maybe it will be someone next year, that will overthrow and prove better than TMart.. hell, maybe it will even be LEE this year.

Well then why don't you just put me on "ignore"?

I think the guy is great....you don't. So what?

You can't take criticism well? Find one place, ONE PLACE, where I said I didn't think that TMart looked decent? He looked good for what they let him do. Short passes and running the ball. Against a bad team. I guarantee had Lee got the start and looked "great" you would be calling out how bad WKU is.. just the way it is. It's not the fact that I don't think the guy is great, it's the fact that you are crowning him after one game against a terrible team. What happened last year when people did that? What happened in 2007 when we talked about how good we were after beating a "decent" Nevada team?

It can be said to trust the coaching staff. I agree with that statement. If they thought that Martinez was the guy this past weekend, then they're right. But on that same note, Bo said that he was comfortable with all 3 QB's. That they were all close. That being said, making the statement that Martinez is "no Z Lee" is way off base. Just wish people would take the early season games for what they are.

looks like you calmed down a little. Very good!

1. You can't "guarantee" I would diss Lee if he would have started and ran up anything close to what Tmart did because that is simply not true. Like Lee would run for three TDs averaging 20 ypc with zero turnovers....I would put him down for that? No way.

2. The statement "Tmart is no Z. lee" is an obvious direct answer to this thread's author. I think the talent of Tmart is so high Carnes it's extremely unlikely he'll beat Tmart like Tmart beat Lee (as stated by the author). It's not like I just brought up the subject by myself.

Look compadre', this is a "forum".....we all have different "opinions"....that's what a forum is for. I don't call your posts "sickening" because I disagree with them. Relax and have a beer.....it works for me! :koolaid2:

And exactly what "talent" have you seen that shows that Tmart's talent is "so high?" The fact that he ran all over a bad WKU team? Yes, he is fast. But that does not mean he will translate to playing QB at the Big 12/Big 10 level. Maybe it will, but to say that his talent level is so high that Carnes can't touch him is kind of a joke at this point.

Well obviously just one game! I can't believe you didn't see it. The dude is a rocket ship with Crouch-like acceleration/vision and nimble as a fly. That's way, way better than just being "fast" imo. Yeah, it was a bad team we played. So what? You either have that kind of talent or you don't. He's "easily" the quickest NU player I've seen since Crouch. Again, that's my "opinion".

Obviously you're not impressed with Tmart. Well, more power to ya!

I didn't say it that Carnes "can't touch him". Please don't put words in my mouth. I said I doubt it. Sure, it's possible. I just think it's very unlikely.

But if he does, GREAT! He would then be talent that would smoke our minds and NU would be easily the most loaded qb talent in cfb.

I feel as though if we have the next Tyrod Taylor on our roster, his decision would not have been between Nebraska and the perennial juggernaut that is WKU.

His decision coming down to NU and WKU was not based on how talented the kid is. He knows or played for people on the WKU staff. It is not like that was his only other scholarship option.

If you base how good a kid is going to be on where their college choices are then what do you think of Taylor Martinez? If I’m not mistaken NU was his only major college offer.

What do I think about Taylor Martinez? I think he is a completely untested freshman who had one good game against an extremely over-matched opponent.

If he comes out and does that against Washington and Texas than alright, looks like we have us a player.

Until then, I remain skeptical.

What I meant by that was Tyrod was heavily recruited by every major school and made an immediate impact as a true freshman; at Vtech no less. It doesn't like like Brion Carnes is going to be doing that for us.

What do I think about Taylor Martinez? I think he is a completely untested freshman who had one good game against an extremely over-matched opponent.

If he comes out and does that against Washington and Texas than alright, looks like we have us a player.

Until then, I remain skeptical.

What I meant by that was Tyrod was heavily recruited by every major school and made an immediate impact as a true freshman; at Vtech no less. It doesn't like like Brion Carnes is going to be doing that for us.

Fair enough.

The wording of your post made it seem like Carnes couldn’t be as good as Taylor because he was deciding between NU and WKU.