Dish Network Update

JTrain

In the past I've gone to my parents place to watch the PPVs. They have Dish. This will be my first time attempting to order it on Mediacom cable. Considering how terrible every aspect of Mediacom is, I already am expecting trouble finding the game and in HD for that matter. Can anyone with Mediacom that's ordered before help me out?

I live in the Des Moines metro and was a former Mediacom subscriber and i've never heard of Mediacom carrying the Nebraska PPV games. Unless you've got access to Dish Network or DirecTV, you'll be SOL.

I'm in the same boat I go to ISU and live in a house with Mediacom. Shouldve gotten DirecTv because I dont think they provide the Nebraska PPV... I havent tried calling them but my guess it would be a waste of time. Screwed until next year :facepalm:

It would be a waste of time. When I lived in South Dakota here about 4 years ago I went down to there office in Vermillion and asked why they don't have the Huskers on instead of some teams from the ACC. So i called the main office and they were like "i'm sorry sir but you are outside of that particular viewing area"

OK so it looks like I'll have to go to my parents and order it on the Dish. So my next question, does Dish Network offer it in HD? On Huskers.com it shows that many providers (like DirecTV) have separate ordering channels for SD and HD, but Dish only shows one channel (456). Did anyone with Dish order the game last week? Was it in HD?

OK so it looks like I'll have to go to my parents and order it on the Dish. So my next question, does Dish Network offer it in HD? On Huskers.com it shows that many providers (like DirecTV) have separate ordering channels for SD and HD, but Dish only shows one channel (456). Did anyone with Dish order the game last week? Was it in HD?

Have Dish. Paid extra $10 for the game because it was to be in HD. Game comes on, no HD only SD. I want my damn $10 back.

So no it was not last week and I know a lot of Dish people were very pissed.

That really blows. Somebody is either intentionally screwing the customers to save money or else royally inept. I've been searching around the various Husker forums this past hour trying to find more on this. Seems about the only place that actually has the game in HD is DirecTV, which consists of about 10-15% of all viewers, despite the fact that 100% are paying the extra $10 on top of the already ridiculous price tag. As most of you probably know, SD content looks even worse on an HD set than on a tube TV. So we're paying $40 to watch a glorified scrimmage in terrible quality with awful FSN announcers. Awesome.

Not sure it's either, but the end result is bad news for us Dish customers. The game is being produced in HD, which I guess incurs some additional cost for Fox. So they sell it for more $. Dish apparently doesn't want to use the bandwidth to send it in HD, so they put it out in SD, but they still have to cover the cost of HD. That's about the only explanation I can come up with. I would probably get the game this week if it was in HD. But for SD, I think I'll just listen to the radio broadcast on the net.

Dish is kinda pissing me off. On their website it says in the 250+ package, like I do, you receive the BigTen Network. However, when you go to where the channel is supposed to be it ain't there because you have to pay for a larger sports package to get it. Same with Versus which once was in my package. It sucks.

But I have heard RUMORS and saw it once on a Iowa message board that all states with Big Ten schools do get the BigTen Network as part of their basic packages. Now I am NOT certain or proclaiming anything, but if true I will be able to swallow the crap the rest of this year. Anyone else with other info please chime in. Again this is what I have heard, nothing official.

There was a thread on this last week. I called dish and they said it would not be available in HD. Evidently they dont show their PPV CFB in HD even though they make you pay the premium of $40 for it. All they have to do is throw a switch, but evidently they are too cheap or just a-holes. My suggestion go to a bar and spend $40 in alcohol and watch it in HD.