**Official Idaho Game Discussion Thread**

wow, im surprised to see how negative everyone is on here, but i guess i was one of the few that thought this game would be tougher than it was and i didn't get to see the game either, just listened

The negativity comes from a sloppy performance and a trip to Seattle coming up. But I have complete fiath in this staff to get all those things fixed

Not directly Watson's problem, but he runs the offense and it's up to him to adjust practice stations if we're struggling with ball security, which i'm sure he will this week.

You think these players do not practice ball security, blocking drills, and things of the sort? It's a daily thing. But it falls on the position coach to teach these fundamentals directly and make sure these players are ready.

It is not on Watson to prepare Martinez for a week while prepping a gameplan, while babysitting other position coaches to make sure they do simple tasks of their job as well. That's just not what an OC does, or has ever done.

Obviously they do, I'm not saying he needs to baby sit the coaches, but he DOES need to watch game film and say, hey Back, you need to spend a few extra minutes on ball security, hey Ron, you need to get the TE's to step it up. Hey Gilmore, you need to work on keeping the WR's hands INSIDE the defenders frame. It's Watson job to steer the offense and identify the issues, there's plenty to work on.

I think the line did pretty well for the most part today, it's painfully obvious that as long as Ricky Henry is in the linup that we are going to have 2-3 bonehead penalties.

And that's just my point - these coaches know what they need to correct, but when it comes to position specific things, it is directly on the position coach and no one else. Even Bo will go out of his way to tell coaches what they need to preach, even in-game. But it isn't Bo's, or Waton's job, or anyone elses job to take time away from their own duties to do someone elses job for them.

But by what you were implying, Watson needed to do this himself. Either that or you do not think he was going to point out the fundamental flaws today and was just going to overlook them during the week.

Either way, you are wrong.

Not directly Watson's problem, but he runs the offense and it's up to him to adjust practice stations if we're struggling with ball security, which i'm sure he will this week.

You think these players do not practice ball security, blocking drills, and things of the sort? It's a daily thing. But it falls on the position coach to teach these fundamentals directly and make sure these players are ready.

It is not on Watson to prepare Martinez for a week while prepping a gameplan, while babysitting other position coaches to make sure they do simple tasks of their job as well. That's just not what an OC does, or has ever done.

Obviously they do, I'm not saying he needs to baby sit the coaches, but he DOES need to watch game film and say, hey Back, you need to spend a few extra minutes on ball security, hey Ron, you need to get the TE's to step it up. Hey Gilmore, you need to work on keeping the WR's hands INSIDE the defenders frame. It's Watson job to steer the offense and identify the issues, there's plenty to work on.

I think the line did pretty well for the most part today, it's painfully obvious that as long as Ricky Henry is in the linup that we are going to have 2-3 bonehead penalties.

And that's just my point - these coaches know what they need to correct, but when it comes to position specific things, it is directly on the position coach and no one else. Even Bo will go out of his way to tell coaches what they need to preach, even in-game. But it isn't Bo's, or Waton's job, or anyone elses job to take time away from their own duties to do someone elses job for them.

But by what you were implying, Watson needed to do this himself. Either that or you do not think he was going to point out the fundamental flaws today and was just going to overlook them during the week.

Either way, you are wrong.

Nope, I think he will point those out. I thought YOU were saying that it's not his responsibility to point out the issues and lead the offense. Obviously Watson has a lot to do heading into this week to prepare Martinez for Washington. But the obviousl thing that we need to do is drop the penalties and work on ball security. If we put the ball on the turf 8 times again vs Washington (including 4 by Martinez), we will lose.

I'm not sure where you got that I was implying Watson wouldn't do what was needed, since my first point said "i'm sure he will", and never did I say he needed to pull his focus away, I just said he needs to take a few minutes after watching film to tell the coaches what to work on, which i'm sure he will do.

I guess I was pointing out the obvious, but you aren't seeing it.

Nope, I think he will point those out. I thought YOU were saying that it's not his responsibility to point out the issues and lead the offense. Obviously Watson has a lot to do heading into this week to prepare Martinez for Washington. But the obviousl thing that we need to do is drop the penalties and work on ball security. If we put the ball on the turf 8 times again vs Washington (including 4 by Martinez), we will lose.

I'm not sure where you got that I was implying Watson wouldn't do what was needed, since my first point said "i'm sure he will", and never did I say he needed to pull his focus away, I just said he needs to take a few minutes after watching film to tell the coaches what to work on, which i'm sure he will do.

I guess I was pointing out the obvious, but you aren't seeing it.

Well, considering I said this over a page ago ..