**Official Idaho Game Discussion Thread**

Im happy with the win, but when your ranked 6th you need to be putting these teams away. Finishing drives inside the red zone. Holding on to the dam ball. We should of had at least 2 more touchdowns on these guys but we let it go. Lots of work needed. I have faith we will do good this year but having serious doubts we are N/C contender material.

We're most likely pretty overrated at 6th.

Don't make me feel like middle 1990s Kansas State....... :facepalm:

Not directly Watson's problem, but he runs the offense and it's up to him to adjust practice stations if we're struggling with ball security, which i'm sure he will this week.

You think these players do not practice ball security, blocking drills, and things of the sort? It's a daily thing. But it falls on the position coach to teach these fundamentals directly and make sure these players are ready.

It is not on Watson to prepare Martinez for a week while prepping a gameplan, while babysitting other position coaches to make sure they do simple tasks of their job as well. That's just not what an OC does, or has ever done.

Obviously they do, I'm not saying he needs to baby sit the coaches, but he DOES need to watch game film and say, hey Back, you need to spend a few extra minutes on ball security, hey Ron, you need to get the TE's to step it up. Hey Gilmore, you need to work on keeping the WR's hands INSIDE the defenders frame. It's Watson job to steer the offense and identify the issues, there's plenty to work on.

I think the line did pretty well for the most part today, it's painfully obvious that as long as Ricky Henry is in the linup that we are going to have 2-3 bonehead penalties.

Five interceptions for us, but we also lost three fumbles (one inside the five yard line), and Martinez threw a bad ball for an interception.

The game was much further out at half than the final score indicated, and we gave up a late TD with our 3rd string defense. It was 31-3 at half.

Trey Robinson needs to get his head centered on the football field. He hasn't looked good yet. Burkhead and Helu were fantastic today, though.