DirecTV subscribers game is free

For me the screen froze about 6 minutes into the second quarter and went to black. The picture came back with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd. I called and they try to blame it on "the provider."

Excuse me but their provider doesn't put up the screen on Directv that still shows last weeks game and forces me to take a leap of faith in order to buy (turn to 785 right now if you have Directv ... IT STILL SHOWS LAST WEEK'S GAME!). Their provider doesn't turn on the spigot that allows people to veiw it for free on 785 and 785-1 AS WELL AS the Mizzou Mcneese St. game on channels 786 and 786-1.

the woman tried to offer me 3 free months of their 6 channel HD coverage which is stupid ... what's so special about the Smithsonian channel or MGM old movies or the GD Hallmark Movie channel that they shouldn't already be included in basic HD? Then she tried to offer me 1 month free of showtime and I told her the truth ... I didn't have time to watch any extra TV, I schedule like hell to watch Nebraska play on Saturday, that's what I paid for, that's what i want to be reimbursed for..

For me the screen froze about 6 minutes into the second quarter and went to black. The picture came back with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd. I called and they try to blame it on "the provider."

Excuse me but their provider doesn't put up the screen on Directv that still shows last weeks game and forces me to take a leap of faith in order to buy (turn to 785 right now if you have Directv ... IT STILL SHOWS LAST WEEK'S GAME!). Their provider doesn't turn on the spigot that allows people to veiw it for free on 785 and 785-1 AS WELL AS the Mizzou Mcneese St. game on channels 786 and 786-1.

the woman tried to offer me 3 free months of their 6 channel HD coverage which is stupid ... what's so special about the Smithsonian channel or MGM old movies or the GD Hallmark Movie channel that they shouldn't already be included in basic HD? Then she tried to offer me 1 month free of showtime and I told her the truth ... I didn't have time to watch any extra TV, I schedule like hell to watch Nebraska play on Saturday, that's what I paid for, that's what i want to be reimbursed for..

It was perfect on Dish Network, fyi.

I have Time Warner here in KC but decided to go to a bar to watch it for free. The bar had DirectTV and the screen was blank during the first quarter. Apparently all DirectTV bars were having the same problem in KC. After that, I got pissed and left (should have left way before then) and came back home and bought it on Time Warner. The ONLY time I actually praise Time Warner for being my cable provider. Still pissed I had to pay $40 for three quarters plus the food I had at the bar when waiting for the game. Blah.

So did the game stay on free the whole time for some people? I ordered it in HD and initially only received it in SD. Called them and they said they were working on it and by the end of the first quarter it was on in HD for me. I didn't experience any of the black pictures that some have described.

I had the same problem....ordered HD online and got SD to show up. The same thing happened to me last week and I was on hold for 10 minutes and missed most of the 1st quarter. It happened again today and I called right away. The first lady I talked to told me that it wasn't offered in HD, she then proceeded to offer me ESPN Gameplan to avoid this problem. I then proceeded to tell her that it was a worthless offer for obvious reasons and then hung up. I called back again and talked to another person who got the game on for me and then the damn blue box that tells you that you must order this channel was on. I was then told to reset the reciever and missed our first quarter field goal. She said that the box will go away for sure.....BS. I told this lady that I wanted to receive compensation since this was the 2nd time this occured. She told me she would look into it and then transferred me to tech support. I was pissed. However, the very pleasant lady at tech suppport explained that they were having a problem all over the US and my area would be put on the list and they were working on it. I asked to be transferred back to customer service and the tech lady asked why. I told her what was going on and how the previous person (whose name I mentioned) promised to look into compensation and then stiffed me. After I was transferred, I laid it on thick to the guy and explained that I have paid $80 for 6 quarters of football the last 2 weeks when I should've received 8 quarters. At first, he acted like he couldn't help me and I said if you couldn't help me then send me to someone who can. He then knocked $10 off my bill for the next 6 months. I said that works for me. 2 PPV games for a total of $20. The HD was fixed at halftime. END RANT.