Locker as fast as Martinez

he is fast, yes. but it takes him a lot longer to get through the hole and up to top gear. taylor is in top gear as soon as he decides to go, completely different to defend.

It really is pretty cool watching him run. He's running at full speed right out of the gate. I think a lot of it has to do with his size. 6'1", 195lbs....Locker is 6'3", 226lbs?

is he really 6'1", because he looks pretty short. like david ubben short.

We'll put pressure on him with our front four all game long. He'll break containment and gash us with his feet, but every time he does that he's going to get popped by Martin or David or Hagg or Gomes. I think Locker is a pretty tough guy, but taking hit after hit like that is going to wear on him - and those are just the open field hits. He's going to get "tapped" in the pocket every time he goes back to pass. He'll get knocked down, bumped into, pushed, wrapped up, and occasionally he's going to get plowed into the field turf.

Locker is an accurate passer and a good runner, but he's not a better college QB than Colt McCoy or Blaine Gabbert, and we seemed to do pretty well against them.

We'll put pressure on him with our front four all game long. He'll break containment and gash us with his feet, but every time he does that he's going to get popped by Martin or David or Hagg or Gomes. I think Locker is a pretty tough guy, but taking hit after hit like that is going to wear on him - and those are just the open field hits. He's going to get "tapped" in the pocket every time he goes back to pass. He'll get knocked down, bumped into, pushed, wrapped up, and occasionally he's going to get plowed into the field turf.

Locker is an accurate passer and a good runner, but he's not a better college QB than Colt McCoy or Blaine Gabbert, and we seemed to do pretty well against them.

just contain him and force him to throw. the secondary will win us this game.

just contain him and force him to throw. the secondary will win us this game.

The Tyrod Taylor treatment. It'll work a lot better against a guy like Locker, especially when we're not facing VA Tech's 2009 defense.

Yes. We will trap him in the pocket, and, fearing that the pocket is about to collapse, he's gonna throw it right to our DBs. If we have to get all crazy out of our lanes with the rush, that will mean that we are getting beat up front. That would have to be happening in order for Locker to have somewhere to run. I just don't beleive it will happen. And , if he trys to break contain by taking deeper drops, then sprinting for the right or left corner, the defense will come swarming up to make him pay.

Yes. We will trap him in the pocket, and, fearing that the pocket is about to collapse, he's gonna throw it right to our DBs. If we have to get all crazy out of our lanes with the rush, that will mean that we are getting beat up front. That would have to be happening in order for Locker to have somewhere to run. I just don't beleive it will happen. And , if he trys to break contain by taking deeper drops, then sprinting for the right or left corner, the defense will come swarming up to make him pay.

I’ll bet we see Crick/Stein doing some stunting. And more blitzing by DBs and LBs this week. UW’s O-line is pretty decent. But so is our D-line.

If we get someone in early to lay the wood to Locker, say in the first couple of series or so, then it will be a LOT easier day for us.

I’ll bet we see Crick/Stein doing some stunting. And more blitzing by DBs and LBs this week. UW’s O-line is pretty decent. But so is our D-line.

If we get someone in early to lay the wood to Locker, say in the first couple of series or so, then it will be a LOT easier day for us.

We'll see A LOT of different things from the front 4 this weekend I have a feeling.

T Marts 10yrd dash time has to be unbelievable, straight line speed from point A to point B without pads might be the same...but T Magic has the the quickest first step i have ever seen getting thru the hole for a QB....and in football you dont run in a straight line. I will take Taylor Martinezs' quickness cutting and dashing over locker...if only Taylor could throw like locker you would never stop him.

Did i get all his names?

Taylor's first step he took into the line on his first touchdown run against WKU was definately shades of Crouch. If he can show defenses that he can be somewhat of a passing threat he is going to be a nightmare for all teams on our schedule. if he limits turnovers at Washington we win the game.

You forgot his official name of Snuffy.

T Marts 10yrd dash time has to be unbelievable, straight line speed from point A to point B without pads might be the same...but T Magic has the the quickest first step i have ever seen getting thru the hole for a QB....and in football you dont run in a straight line. I will take Taylor Martinezs' quickness cutting and dashing over locker...if only Taylor could throw like locker you would never stop him.

Did i get all his names?

Taylor's first step he took into the line on his first touchdown run against WKU was definately shades of Crouch. If he can show defenses that he can be somewhat of a passing threat he is going to be a nightmare for all teams on our schedule. if he limits turnovers at Washington we win the game.

You forgot his official name of Snuffy.

I'm pretty sure it's Hot Sauce. Someone has been screwing around with the poll.

I haven't thought of Martinez as having speed as much as having acceleration. In my opinion it's his ability to go from standing still to full speed so quickly that makes him such a dangerous running threat. I'm sure his top-line speed is definitely fast, but his acceleration/explosiveness makes him unique.

Great post. I have not seen Locker play, so I can't say too much. Locker is probably a great runner for a pro style QB, but is probably not quick enough to be classified as a duel threat QB ... but I could be wrong. I would compare Locker to Martinez -- although it still very early to make a complete evaluation of Martinez -- as a Honda Accord to a Corvette, as far as acceleration.

Locker is probably a great runner for a pro style QB, but is probably not quick enough to be classified as a duel threat QB ... but I could be wrong. I would compare Locker to Martinez -- although it still very early to make a complete evaluation of Martinez -- as a Honda Accord to a Corvette, as far as acceleration.

I don't think that's fair to say. I think Locker would do pretty well as a dual-threat QB. I fully expect him to break off a couple of runs against us this week. I would equate him more with Todd Reesing than Martinez at this point. Locker is a force to be reckoned with.

Luckily for us, we have the ability to reckon. :)