For Watson Supporters

None of it. It's all terrible. We should hire Kevin Cosgrove to run the offense, he obviously knows how to exploit defenses.

Alright dude, you're getting hammered in the "sell-out" thread, but that was pretty damn funny :lol:

I am?

Nevermind. It's HuskerFowler. My mistake. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I have no idea why but the bolded parts just made me laugh out loud.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Okay, I'll bite on this.

When he has/had the right parts and pieces, I like the way defenses can't simply scheme around one aspect or one guy. I know the coaches say the word "multiple" A LOT, but that's what I like. I like that if a D wants to sell out and stop the run inside the tackles, they can hit the edges with either the QB's, RB's or even swing to a WR in space. I like when the D backs out and takes away anything long, they can hit short crossing patterns or the QB or RB can get into space pretty quickly. And, again when the parts/pieces have been there, I like the way they can roll the pocket and have options on ALL levels out in space.

I like that when things are clicking, the offense is very very diverse and can be a real headache for D-Coordinators. However, it's been a couple of years since we've been able to use all the parts and pieces that Watson likes to use. Hopefully this year will be a bit different, especially with the weapons we now have in the backfield.

• Fire 1

None of it. It's all terrible. We should hire Kevin Cosgrove to run the offense, he obviously knows how to exploit defenses.

Alright dude, you're getting hammered in the "sell-out" thread, but that was pretty damn funny :lol:

I am?

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

I am?

I have no idea why but the bolded parts just made me laugh out loud.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Don't you make fun of me or I'll start a Sell-Out Thread

Okay, I'll bite on this.

When he has/had the right parts and pieces, I like the way defenses can't simply scheme around one aspect or one guy. I know the coaches say the word "multiple" A LOT, but that's what I like. I like that if a D wants to sell out and stop the run inside the tackles, they can hit the edges with either the QB's, RB's or even swing to a WR in space. I like when the D backs out and takes away anything long, they can hit short crossing patterns or the QB or RB can get into space pretty quickly. And, again when the parts/pieces have been there, I like the way they can roll the pocket and have options on ALL levels out in space.

I like that when things are clicking, the offense is very very diverse and can be a real headache for D-Coordinators. However, it's been a couple of years since we've been able to use all the parts and pieces that Watson likes to use. Hopefully this year will be a bit different, especially with the weapons we now have in the backfield.

Great answer. +1

Okay, I'll bite on this.

Great answer. +1

In all fairness though, here is what I DON'T like, it's not much, but it's something. I don't like that he's quick to go away from something that's working and try to get cute, just for the sake of using a different play in the playbook. Although there has been less of that this year, there is still the Niles Paul (arguably our worst ball handler) running the Wildcat coming out of halftime, which we know what happened and really got the mistakes rolling in the 2nd half. Why not simply come out and do what got you a 31-3 lead in the first place? Why get cute? Granted the "say" that play was going to be for huge yardage, well it wasn't, the guy that can't hold onto anything fumbled it and we lost it.

There you go, that's what annoys me about him.

In all fairness though, here is what I DON'T like, it's not much, but it's something. I don't like that he's quick to go away from something that's working and try to get cute, just for the sake of using a different play in the playbook. Although there has been less of that this year, there is still the Niles Paul (arguably our worst ball handler) running the Wildcat coming out of halftime, which we know what happened and really got the mistakes rolling in the 2nd half. Why not simply come out and do what got you a 31-3 lead in the first place? Why get cute? Granted the "say" that play was going to be for huge yardage, well it wasn't, the guy that can't hold onto anything fumbled it and we lost it.

There you go, that's what annoys me about him.

Not to mention we have a QB who can run the ball better than Niles Paul ALREADY at the QB position. Sorry, but this play made no sense.