3 out of 5 on CBS Sports Pick UW?!?!

Husker Z

No other top 25 team on the road is picked to by the majority to lose. I hope we go up there and absolutely blast UW. I dont understand the love for UW. Sure they have a good QB but they were o'fer two years ago and only won 5 games last year. When you go o'fer that means you have zero talent in the cupboard, o'fer seasons dont happen just because of bad coaching. A 5 win season is almost as bad as o'fer, you still didnt make a bowl game. I just dont see why everyone thinks UW is going to be a world beater this year. I look at them much like ISU in the 90's with Troy Davis. Great player, horrid team.

• Fire 2

what is going on? first the low spread, and now this...

The spread didn't surprise me quite as much as this actually. This is odd, other than I guess we are still somewhat of an unknown so far.

Even so, we do know what UW has done. Lost to a BYU team that is avg at best who got blown out by AF the next week and struggled to put away a Cuse team that has been one of the worst AQ schools this decade.

Dennis Dodd, Senior Writer: Taylor Martinez doesn't rhyme with Eric Crouch but you wouldn't know it in Lincoln. The reincarnation of the 2001 Heisman winner (Husker Fan words, not mine), ran all over -- wait for it -- Idaho (106 passing, 157 rushing). Look for Washington to play keep-away with Jake Locker and remind Nebraska it's not quite back yet. Prediction: Washington 27, Nebraska 20

I like Dennis Dodd. But sometimes he is an idiot. Like now.

there is a lot of love for UW, for whatever reason. i guess locker is so well known, people must assume his team is good.

also, it is well documented that sports writers are morons: look at no. 1

edit: sorry, link does not work, try this: http://www.cracked.com/article_18380_the-6-most-statistically-full-sh#t-professions_p2.html

edit: that did not work either. basically, sportswriters would be more accurate if they always guessed against their instincts.

Dennis Dodd, Senior Writer: Taylor Martinez doesn't rhyme with Eric Crouch but you wouldn't know it in Lincoln. The reincarnation of the 2001 Heisman winner (Husker Fan words, not mine), ran all over -- wait for it -- Idaho (106 passing, 157 rushing). Look for Washington to play keep-away with Jake Locker and remind Nebraska it's not quite back yet. Prediction: Washington 27, Nebraska 20

I like Dennis Dodd. But sometimes he is an idiot. Like now.

Dodd is always an idiot. I have a fantasy baseball team on Sportsline so I glance through his articles sometimes. He's the worst kind of sensationalist journalist there is. If he can be controversial he will, just for controversy's sake. I find very little of merit in any of his articles, and if you read the comments attached, about 90% of the people who read them agree. Take his "reincarnation of the 2001 Heisman winner" comment. I have no doubt that one fan somewhere said that, but the majority of us think Martinez is young and untested and that he'll cost us through errors. Yet Dodd chooses to focus on that comment in his 50-word spiel rather than the rational comments that abound. Typical Dodd. Typical nonsense.

I'm not upset that 60% of their "experts" pick UW to win. We're by no means a lock to win this game. We have yet to show that we won't have a meltdown game, but we've shown in our previous two seasons under Bo that such games are possible.

We could have, probably should have, put more points on the board against each of our first two opponents, both of whom were greatly outmatched, yet we failed to play to our potential against both. We can say these were "first game jitters," but then we'd have to explain why our opponents didn't feel the same jitters in our house.

Against Idaho in particular we were a bumbling, stumbling, error-prone team that got shut down on short-yardage twice. We committed a series of ridiculous penalties and we put the ball on the carpet several times. We were once again bailed out by our stellar defense, but with just a little weaker defensive play we're winning that game by one score.

There are a LOT of reasons why we should win this game. I very, very much think we will. But it is by no means a slam-dunk.