For the Taylor (Snuffy) Critics...

Hercules

Name ONE example of a more impressive first road start by a Nebraska quarterback.

I can't think of one more impressive than this one, not by a freshman or a senior, not by Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch... There's certainly room for Taylor to improve, and there always will be, but good grief. This is gettin serious...

7/11, 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 int

19 carries, 137 yards, 3 TDs

Are people still criticizing him? If they're not, then the point of this thread is...what...?

Maybe not... But I am legitimately curious if anyone can think of a more impressive road start.

he played fine, he just needs to develop his passing game more

he is a heck of a thrower inside 15 yards. he does make some bad passes, but luckily they are so bad they will not be picked. i still do not think he is capable of the long ball. but that is ok, we should not need it when he can gash an 80 yard run.

Are people still criticizing him? If they're not, then the point of this thread is...what...?

Maybe not... But I am legitimately curious if anyone can think of a more impressive road start.

I cannot think of any. Frazier had back-to-back dominant performances against top ten teams when he was a frosh, but those were at home.

His throwing mechanics are awkward, but he made good decisions in the passing game. Hopefully he'll get better passing as his career develops.

I've never really endorsed one QB over the next because I've wanted to wait and see how they play, but I don't think there is any doubt that Martinez is the guy. His passing seems to be just as good as Lee's is and his running is obviously on a different plane. I felt like we were watching him mature through the course of the game - there was none of the hesitance we saw out of Lee or Green last year. When he messed up or made a bad decision or got sacked, he stepped right back up and continued on, which I think is a bigger marker of success than his 4 TDs. If he keeps this up he will be one of the greats.

• Fire 1

I have to agree, he has shown he is the real deal. He will improve as the year goes on. I was impresseed by how calm he was. Did a heck of job.

I really liked the series where we just drove the ball up the middle. Glad to see that.

A few hickups, but overall a very good game for Nebraska.

i dont understand why Denard Robinson for Mich is being talked about more then Tmart. Just watching post game coverage etc, I feel Tmart is the better Freshman QB. Idk how the stats compare, but you gotta give Tmart some credit for going into a hostile away game and winning in a big way...needs passing practice, but if he runs 50+ TD runs, who needs to pass?

i dont understand why Denard Robinson for Mich is being talked about more then Tmart. Just watching post game coverage etc, I feel Tmart is the better Freshman QB. Idk how the stats compare, but you gotta give Tmart some credit for going into a hostile away game and winning in a big way...needs passing practice, but if he runs 50+ TD runs, who needs to pass?

I agree that T-mart stepped up big time the reason Robinson is getting so much hype is his passing numbers have been more impressive, T-mart worked really good his throwing motion looks a little akward, that will be fixed as he matures. He had one pass in the first half that he stepped up and looked akward just stared at the blitzer and went down. To counter that in the second half he had a throw where he stped up in the pocket great.

The potential for this kid is amazing, he is very good now once he fully develops he will be in the heisman discussion.

Taylor is having a terrific start, but Dennard's start is even better. The guy has put up better numbers than Taylor in almost every way, and other than today, has likely played against better competition. I bet TM gets some media love this week.

T-Mart

28-43 392 Yards, 65.1% Comp %, 1 TD, 1 INT, 144.72 Passing Effeciency

40 Carries, 421 Yards, 8 TD's

D-Rob

53-76 671 Yards, 69.7% Comp %, 4 TD, 1 INT, 158.64 Passing Effeciency

74 Carries, 559 Yards, 4 TD's